You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Brendon_2015

Should I start again?

11 comments in this topic

24 posts
549 battles

Okay, I've literally just got a new PC and noticed it has a free Diana invite, 15 day premium included so I'm wondering if I should just restart again. I'm 200 games in with the vast majority on them using a laptop with a subpar graphics card (2-10 fps, would start anywhere up to 30 seecs into game - now 60fps and now starts 55 secs before the match begins)... I wasn't bad as I had a fairly good hit rate (well I thought so) but I'd hit and basically do no dmg all the time. Talk about frustrating.... but like all new players you go through the learning curve, IE: where to aim, ammo types, etc... (yelling and screaming at the laptop doesn't miraculously improve its capabilities or bring you back from sinking beneath the waves, etc)

But after 200 games 53% WR but having lousy dmg on most ships compared to avg players, (well that what the websites tell me) I'm wondering if I'm better of just starting again, get the premium ship, know what I'm doing and have fun with 15 days of Premium time. My avg dmg over the last week continues to climb in each game so I've definitely improved a lot.

I don't know, maybe I'm being precious but a free prem ship and prem time seems pretty good to me. It's also early enough for me to get the ARP Hiei again with plenty of time to spare.

Thoughts.

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

If I were you....restart.....you barely just started...............that Diana is a good cred and practice and crew grinder for your Russians if you plan later on....

plus.......a trophy ship in your port :playing:

:honoring:

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

If there's nothing you're attached to on your current account, then sure, why not? Just note that you will NOT be able to transfer anything whatsoever. So if you have the ARP ships/free premiums/free port slots, etc on your current account, you're gonna lose 'em.

24 posts
549 battles

Thanks guys

I haven't spent anything on the game as yet as I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before I invested in the game. The only ship I have that's not standard is the ARP hiei but I should get her back before the close off date quite easily. Especially with 15 days worth of Prem.

892 posts
7,853 battles

If you have not amassed flags and free XP with your existing account, I don't see any reasons why a restart is not good. Depending on how regularly you play, you could easily get a T8 ship within a week or so with premium time. Oh wait, you'd need to lots of credits to be able to do this though. Can't remember if I was able to make enough credits when I started grinding USN DD line because I had quite a bit back then

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,394 battles

Done, with my new user name being Ensign_Brendoonigan!

I have a nice new green ship and 15 days of Premium!

Let the hunting begin.

now i'm jealous :amazed: