Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
___LiesseSherlock___

Ohh is this real? more nerf?

24 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

It actually mean: "Play like a Shinyo suicide boat you torpedo spamming noob". First, they made this game and said "The Japanese destroyers will have torpedo advantage" now Japanese torpedoes are worse than American torpedoes. 

Well play, Wargaming. 

178 posts
2,306 battles

Like anyone still uses the 20km torps

Personally I have switched to the 12 km torpedoes since 5.5 started. But I have seen videos of a player continuing to use 20 km torpedoes and actually doing well with them. Wonder how does he keep finding people who don't wasd.

Beta Tester
41 posts
5,609 battles

IJN losing their torp advantage? I can sense the unhappy rants being typed right.now.

Oh well, nothing lasts forever, except rocks. And even they don't last forever.

i am indeed unhappy rn :( 

going to find another way to enjoy 'em

507 posts
9,826 battles

Why is everyone whining? Those 20 km torps are useless anyway.I can see them from 4 kms away in my fletcher with vigilance. thats like hydro level stuff. Unless someone is an idiot i doubt anyone wiill ever run into those.

222 posts
3,269 battles

I kinda agree with this nerf. But I want them to have more torpedo speed. I mean, the worst thing I experienced in high tier combat is facing a  sudden wall of torpedoes without having a chance to dodge. And I swear man, I barely ever spot Japanese Destroyers above the Fubuki due to their torpedo range.

Beta Tester
41 posts
5,609 battles

Why is everyone whining? Those 20 km torps are useless anyway.I can see them from 4 kms away in my fletcher with vigilance. thats like hydro level stuff. Unless someone is an idiot i doubt anyone wiill ever run into those.

well yeah i can understand now, lets see if the nerfs affect those DDs too much, but perhaps not

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

I kinda agree with this nerf. But I want them to have more torpedo speed. I mean, the worst thing I experienced in high tier combat is facing a  sudden wall of torpedoes without having a chance to dodge. And I swear man, I barely ever spot Japanese Destroyers above the Fubuki due to their torpedo range.

or lower their torpedo detection range
Edited by HeroOfWind

178 posts
2,306 battles

Good patch, 99% IJN DD players aren't doing their objective(to capture) and made the team lost.

Now they should suffer.

Yes. Their objective is to cap which they are not as well equipped to carry out as compared to the US DDs. Previous ranked players should know this well. (Fubuki vs Benson) Not saying that they shouldn't cap, but they need more support to cap then US DDs. 

P.s. WG please gimme my 10 rpm IJN guns.

1,126 posts

Good patch, 99% IJN DD players aren't doing their objective(to capture) and made the team lost.

Now they should suffer.

no.... king of capping is US/RU DD not IJN, don't expect IJN to get into cap area and do a knife fight with those =w=

I myself, if I run into cap and found US/RU DD in there, I immediately turn away, try to keep them spot and wait it out and NEVER get into that death zone

if I dare get in,

question is, will IJNDD live long enough for CA to kill off/drive away enemy US/RU DD?    if both team CA are shooting at DD

I rather stay alive and cap later than die earlier in cap race.

783 posts
4,819 battles

no.... king of capping is US/RU DD not IJN, don't expect IJN to get into cap area and do a knife fight with those =w=

I myself, if I run into cap and found US/RU DD in there, I immediately turn away, try to keep them spot and wait it out and NEVER get into that death zone

if I dare get in,

question is, will IJNDD live long enough for CA to kill off/drive away enemy US/RU DD?    if both team CA are shooting at DD

USN DDs run the capping circle game actually.

IJN just lacks the gun potential to actually contest it from another DD line of equal skill. The RU DDs however are ill-suited for knife fights with their USN counterparts. Their inferior detection ranges also hinder in contesting points more often than not with relatively worse turret traverse and maneuverability.

You'd be surprised on how many Kagero and Shimakaze captains I encounter that still use the 20km torps. Spot them miles away(literally :trollface:) and they don't hit a thing but the spam continues. There are still occasions I just facepalm when my ally still gets hit with them even when I or some other ally already spotted them so I guess they aren't 100% ineffective.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,395 battles

if I dare get in,

You play DD, you go capture. No matter which DD you are in.

Edited by R3negade

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

You play DD, you go capture.

You don't capture, you fail the team.

in other words, IJN DD's= Collectibles only, not a combat/legit DD

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

now i really want them to give the captain skill reset for free for those ship especially Fubuki

and i'm talking about the that tier 3 skill: TA

now in the nutshell, the Shimakaze got worse torpedo, armor, firepower, AA, and HP compare to enemy Gearing

so i can't see the reason why Contesting the cap with her with enemy cruiser or US/RU DD nearby (i haven't mention radar)

892 posts
7,853 battles

Bah.....let's see what actually happens. In any case, I have vested in Torpedo Acceleration skill for my Kagero Captain and it works well with my game play. Nevertheless, am glad I have since moved on to USN DD and am currently with a T8 Benson, where the fun really begins for the line

178 posts
2,306 battles

You play DD, you go capture. No matter which DD you are in.

in other words, IJN DD's= Collectibles only, not a combat/legit DD

Ouch. Harsh truths. 

783 posts
4,819 battles

Torp being taken out in the patch notes from NA got redacted.

So, in short, the 20km torps and stock Fubuki torps are here to stay.

(It was a miscommunication on WGs part to how the patch notes were delivered to foreign counterparts)

Sign in to follow this