You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Harsher penalties for bots required

22 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

More emphasis should be placed on AFK players because atm they are in abundance, very rarely have I seen players that are dedicated TKer's yet practically every match you get those that are AFK which have a detrimental effect on the outcome of the match.

There have been times when I have been disconnected but every single time I have been able to immediately log back in and take part even with high ping and lag, at least I may have some impact in dealing some damage or providing an alternative target for the enemy. Then after the match I attempt to rectify my connection problems and if that fails I will not play until my connection has improved.

Plus, if you have a constant bad internet speed or a low spec rig that is unable to meet the minimum requirements for this game then you should not play at all.

There is no excuse or reasoning for both these scenarios and players that are continually AFK should be banned so as not to disrupt those that want to play without being sold short regarding team balance for a match.

It is every players responsibility for their own connection to the server as per the EULA.

This is the biggest issue imho currently with this game.

334 posts
13,009 battles

So your not talking about bots but afk players your heading needs clarification

Edited by Grimnar42

783 posts
4,819 battles

More emphasis should be placed on AFK players because atm they are in abundance, very rarely have I seen players that are dedicated TKer's yet practically every match you get those that are AFK which have a detrimental effect on the outcome of the match.

There have been times when I have been disconnected but every single time I have been able to immediately log back in and take part even with high ping and lag, at least I may have some impact in dealing some damage or providing an alternative target for the enemy. Then after the match I attempt to rectify my connection problems and if that fails I will not play until my connection has improved.

Plus, if you have a constant bad internet speed or a low spec rig that is unable to meet the minimum requirements for this game then you should not play at all.

There is no excuse or reasoning for both these scenarios and players that are continually AFK should be banned so as not to disrupt those that want to play without being sold short regarding team balance for a match.

It is every players responsibility for their own connection to the server as per the EULA.

This is the biggest issue imho currently with this game.

I agree with the need to enforce something upon continuous AFK'ers, but catching them isn't exactly easy.

First, they can't exactly be punished for one instance of being AFK(I mean, at least give a warning), which means there's a need to catch them AFK a second or third time. If they were in your match the first time, chances are you won't see them again to report them for being AFK again or a second time. With that, there needs to be a collective effort to crack down on them.

Next problem would be in 'reporting' them. For now, "bot" and other reports are merely flags, so even if multiple people on multiple games report a certain AFK'er, the best thing would be that the said AFK would be flagged until definite proof like a replay OR a whole LOT of reports actually accumulated in order to begin enforcement. (In one RU Q&A, the devs mentioned that a lot of "bot" reports just so happened to be really bad players. So I understand why they're playing it safe.)

An AFK player is only deemed AFK if he/she does not move almost the entirety of the match or at half I guess. It just so happens that in the middle or towards the end of the match, actually minding the AFK to be able to report it in the heat of battle is most definitely not common. So unless someone on chat calls out an ally for being AFK and says "pls report" then most likely, the AFK will be able to get off without a report to his/her name.

If there are ways to verify or track down AFK players much better, I think enforcement would be easier.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

The usual penalty for botting is permanent banned. Wasn't that harsh enough? You want IP ban with that? :P

On topic: I don't agree with harsher punishment for the AFK players, would prefer a written warning popup message for the player the next time he/she login. And ofcourse before we do that, we have to define how a player be declared an AFK. For me, an AFK player who have been inactive beyond 15 minutes or the entire 20 minutes of the battle. Which mean give them 5 minutes allowable time to get in after the battle starts or else be marked for AFK.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

so, We are talking about AFK player rather than Bot player?

Edited by Harpoon01

783 posts
4,819 battles

I went with AFK since that's what he was talking about (I think?) except for the title.

I've said my case anyway :P

753 posts
8,965 battles

Yeah sorry my bad for the wrong title.

753 posts
8,965 battles

I agree with the need to enforce something upon continuous AFK'ers, but catching them isn't exactly easy.

First, they can't exactly be punished for one instance of being AFK(I mean, at least give a warning), which means there's a need to catch them AFK a second or third time. If they were in your match the first time, chances are you won't see them again to report them for being AFK again or a second time. With that, there needs to be a collective effort to crack down on them.

Next problem would be in 'reporting' them. For now, "bot" and other reports are merely flags, so even if multiple people on multiple games report a certain AFK'er, the best thing would be that the said AFK would be flagged until definite proof like a replay OR a whole LOT of reports actually accumulated in order to begin enforcement. (In one RU Q&A, the devs mentioned that a lot of "bot" reports just so happened to be really bad players. So I understand why they're playing it safe.)

An AFK player is only deemed AFK if he/she does not move almost the entirety of the match or at half I guess. It just so happens that in the middle or towards the end of the match, actually minding the AFK to be able to report it in the heat of battle is most definitely not common. So unless someone on chat calls out an ally for being AFK and says "pls report" then most likely, the AFK will be able to get off without a report to his/her name.

If there are ways to verify or track down AFK players much better, I think enforcement would be easier.

I.m not talking about those that are disconnected occasionally (I was just disconnected now I think as the loading screen just froze but that has been my only one for quite some time) but rather those that are constantly AFK whether by choice or by their ISP/computer not meeting the requirements.

In either case they should be banned when detected by reports and if a certain threshold is met eg. 50% of games played being AFK, action should be taken.

I do feel sorry for those that have bad ISP but not for those that have computers incapable of running the game, however, if these types continue to persevere at the cost of those of us that want to play unhampered by constant AFK players action should be taken.

783 posts
4,819 battles

I.m not talking about those that are disconnected occasionally (I was just disconnected now I think as the loading screen just froze but that has been my only one for quite some time) but rather those that are constantly AFK whether by choice or by their ISP/computer not meeting the requirements.

In either case they should be banned when detected by reports and if a certain threshold is met eg. 50% of games played being AFK, action should be taken.

I do feel sorry for those that have bad ISP but not for those that have computers incapable of running the game, however, if these types continue to persevere at the cost of those of us that want to play unhampered by constant AFK players action should be taken.

But I do mean those that are constantly AFK. There's no really feasible means to actually catch them. It usually is up to luck for someone to encounter the same AFK player for more than a few times and games to provide concrete proof that the player is indeed an AFK and not just someone who unfortunately got DC'ed on one instance.

So yeah, before any penalties, detection is more of an issue.

753 posts
8,965 battles

So yeah, before any penalties, detection is more of an issue.

I completely agree. I wonder if this initiative below is continuing and how often?

Hello Admirals,

In light of the ongoing issues we are facing in our community regarding players who constantly abuse and violate our rules regarding AFK/Idling, we are pleased to announce that the recent hunts we did were very productive and should help us to minimize these abuses.

* 42 players were banned in the initial AFK/Idling Hunts.
* 298 players were warned for their actions and are now under our watch list for the next AFK/Idling hunt

We will keep you posted regarding the AFK/Idling hunts that will follow.
We thank you for your continued patronage and patience with us.

37 posts
9,869 battles

Hi first post but sometimes the occasional disconnect can be more often.  Yesterday 2 in my div disconnected 5 times in the space of a few hours.  What was weird was they couldn't get back in but their ship kept firing (while sitting still), the other was doing circles til he stopped (hit an island).  Whenever I have disconnected and come back in my ship was sitting idle where I dropped out.

I have a secret pleasure of pushing bots into the middle of the map or players unwilling to do anything until the end mop up they work too.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I completely agree. I wonder if this initiative below is continuing and how often?

Hello Admirals,

In light of the ongoing issues we are facing in our community regarding players who constantly abuse and violate our rules regarding AFK/Idling, we are pleased to announce that the recent hunts we did were very productive and should help us to minimize these abuses.

* 42 players were banned in the initial AFK/Idling Hunts.
* 298 players were warned for their actions and are now under our watch list for the next AFK/Idling hunt

We will keep you posted regarding the AFK/Idling hunts that will follow.
We thank you for your continued patronage and patience with us.

It's continuing, yes.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Players being AFK despite the new changes that are supposed to "speed up" loading, still exists unfortunately. Bots, definitely still exists. I've seen ship(s) from the start of a battle, move towards a corner of the map and stay there. Or ships that move forward, make a 180 degrees turn and come to a full halt after travelling back to the rear. Need a better way to differentiate AFKer and Botters

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Players being AFK despite the new changes that are supposed to "speed up" loading, still exists unfortunately. Bots, definitely still exists. I've seen ship(s) from the start of a battle, move towards a corner of the map and stay there. Or ships that move forward, make a 180 degrees turn and come to a full halt after travelling back to the rear. Need a better way to differentiate AFKer and Botters

IMO

not really the impact is the same.  the team they are on is disadvantaged.

so hit them the same.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I jumped on early sinapore time sunday morning. Each team I was on had bot grinders. Perhaps the bot account grinders are more active through the quiet times?.

Also a few days ago, I had a tier 3 platoon with a tier 5 bb, to get in my tier 7 team.....

Very next battle, same player in a tier 7 ship, this time is with a DIFFERENT player in a platoon, and the ign was a number 00331100 kind of thing, and that players ship was a tier 3....

753 posts
8,965 battles

This is getting beyond a joke now, I have yet to see a brown player (supposed cheat crackdown) and the instances of pink players is reducing (good result there as it seems players are learning), yet practically every game now there are AFK players with the most counted so far as 4 in one match.

Just had a match where the enemy had 1 of 2 CV's AFK and we had 2 BB's AFK, we got the CV early but a close match was lost when an enemy DD discovered our 2 BB's.

With a limit of 7 reports per day there is not enough to issue in a days play, not that anything is done about them so it seems. :angry:

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

AFK is dealt with using the auto feature, it takes time to deal with them, but they do get dealt with.

Maybe if you get detected passive play, you turn brown then pink!

124 posts

In today's match, I gotten close to the enemy base undetected, there was this Pensacola seemingly "AFK" since it's still on it's spawn point. I gave it few salvos of HE. Then it moved.

753 posts
8,965 battles

AFK is dealt with using the auto feature, it takes time to deal with them, but they do get dealt with.

Well the process needs an overhaul to deal with them quicker as it is getting out of hand.

Either that or the server is very temperamental lately. Not only am I seeing those that don't move from the start but also quite a few that suddenly go AFK during the match. 

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

I have a feeling that the mastermind behind the bots are testing the capabilities of the anti bot system. Cause right now i'm seeing more bot/afk players than before