You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grunthos

A CV Cheat?

18 comments in this topic

9 posts
2,521 battles

I have been playing CV for a couple of weeks and I have come across something a bit suss...

Once or twice I have encountered another opposition player of the same CV sometimes in the same tier sometimes lower and they manage to shoot down all my plain in one pass and this is sometimes in the first exchange before any of my flights have received any damage...

This was most noticeable today when I had 3 flights of fighters knocked out of the game in less than a second by only one flight of the opposition...

I was playing an Essex with top fighters etc.

I don't know about you guys but it smells of a cheat of some kind.

Any opinions.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I'm too tired to formulate a non snarky/sarcastic reply.

Have you considered strafing as a reason?

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

You just got strafed mate, which is the CV equivalent of sailing in a straight line/showing broadside

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Strafing is in the air. Good cv's will try and tie up 1-3 of your fighters with one of their own as bait or if you fly in a straight line and strafe you.

The alt command for fighters allows you to select a strafe corridor.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I'm frankly amazed that you reached Essex without knowing what strafing is. I don't mean to be judgmental, but your combined USN CV plays (Excluding the Saipan) are less than 100. Did you perchance use free exp to skip?

It may be a better idea to consult guides first next time before skipping through ship lines.

359 posts
2,819 battles

I'm frankly amazed that you reached Essex without knowing what strafing is. I don't mean to be judgmental, but your combined USN CV plays (Excluding the Saipan) are less than 100. Did you perchance use free exp to skip?

It may be a better idea to consult guides first next time before skipping through ship lines.

Taihou asking how to launch planes...

At least it was just a rumor. (never see it with my own eyes-the guy telling said it real though)

I would watch a lot of guides before playing new class but that's just me. I cannot tell anyone to act one way or another.

Also, this topic is not "rage" as much as strafe=cheat thread I've seen before

783 posts
4,810 battles

Kind of the same reaction from me when I first saw the OP's thread.

He's definitely missing out as USN FT strafes are too deadly to be caught on.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

this is why we need a tutorial in the game, SPECIAL for CV

since, unlike arty in WoT, Where, "We shoot, They die"

CV mechanism is a little bit more complicated than that