Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Brendon_2015

Where are the German Premium ships?

44 comments in this topic

24 posts
549 battles

Hi guys. Why are there very few German premium ships? Every few weeks a new premium seems to come out but other than the Tirpitz which is insanely priced (and a BB when they currently only have a CA line) and the tier 2 CA Emden, every new premium seems to be either Russian, USN or IJN. Especially the former 2 at the moment.

Even the RN and Pan Asian countries have 2 ships each and neither of them even has a line, but the difference is that they're at good tiers for playability and at a reasonable cost. So it seems everybody is getting them except the German navy.

It's very frustrating as I don't see the point in using a tier 2 ship for training a ships captain owing to the low XP you get at such a low tier, but using the Tirpitz is simply crazy for an inexperienced player, so I'm stuck doing the slow grind up an extremely difficult line. :(

So where is the German love?

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

There may or may not be a German Battleship line coming up soon,hopefully they'll do some fancy KMS special and unleash a new German premium. :coin:

783 posts
4,810 battles

Recent RU cluster Q&A all point to the German BB line as the next one (most likely in August) so they'll definitely get some love there.

Personally would like to see more German premiums. (I'd like Prinz Eugen but the "to be added" Atlantic hull brings the Admiral Hipper tech tree ship really close and the Scharnorst but I think they'd add her to the tech tree ships anyway.)

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Tirpitz is simply crazy for an inexperienced player

Tirpitz is actually the most newbie friendly premium ship.. It has fast speed and almost impenetrable citadel which makes it very forgiving for new players

If i were to make a guess then T8 Prinz Eugen will be the next German premium.. Why? Because the Hipper finally got her (long awaited) Atlantic Hull & WG finally know how to make turret AA work, so its all green light for her

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,158 battles

If i were to make a guess then T8 Prinz Eugen will be the next German premium.. Why? Because the Hipper finally got her (long awaited) Atlantic Hull & WG finally know how to make turret AA work, so its all green light for her

fprAaPT.jpg

1,107 posts
7,840 battles

WG finally know how to make turret AA work, so its all green light for her

Whats the problem with those ? care to elaborate 

is that the Secondary animation or those AA in main turret ?

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Whats the problem with those ? care to elaborate 

is that the Secondary animation or those AA in main turret ?

Yes, its the turret AA animation.. Previously AA mounted turrets are just static models (The one on the Tirpitz), now they can move and animate like the rest of the AA emplacements

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Nobody cares about germans anyway.

They're lazy as cake and their combat vehicle designs are terribad.

Should've focused on making washing machines, baddies.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

This is the Prinz, back when powdered wigs were all the rage and ships of metal were impossible.

AiKRuvx.png

1,107 posts
7,840 battles

Yes, its the turret AA animation.. Previously AA mounted turrets are just static models (The one on the Tirpitz), now they can move and animate like the rest of the AA emplacements

ic

well with 5.5 improved AA effect thats means more Flak !

nice

Edited by humusz

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

This is the Prinz, back when powdered wigs were all the rage and ships of metal were impossible.

Iron armored ships did exist though.

Crude ones, but they did exist.

^^ how do all their legs fit under that table??

Powerful plot magic.

24 posts
549 battles

Tirpitz is actually the most newbie friendly premium ship.. It has fast speed and almost impenetrable citadel which makes it very forgiving for new players

I've played all the Germans up to 8 today, 9 & 10 tomorrow and so far other than the Yorck (I can't get use to that gun traverse speed) I found them much easier to play with the extra AA and upgrades, hulls etc. Having a fighter sure helps at tier 5. The Hipper looks and cruises fabulously with that new hull. I may look at free doing the Yorck grind to get to the Hipper.

i guess having a L15 captain at the helm helps somewhat to, hence my desire for a good premium German cruiser.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I've played all the Germans up to 8 today, 9 & 10 tomorrow and so far other than the Yorck (I can't get use to that gun traverse speed) I found them much easier to play with the extra AA and upgrades, hulls etc. Having a fighter sure helps at tier 5. The Hipper looks and cruises fabulously with that new hull. I may look at free doing the Yorck grind to get to the Hipper.

i guess having a L15 captain at the helm helps somewhat to, hence my desire for a good premium German cruiser.

Do remember that unlike WoT, theres no penalty for leveling a Cruiser captain in a premium DD/BB/CV, so if you are willing to fork out the cash for the Tirptiz, it is a worth while investment.

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

Hi guys. Why are there very few German premium ships? Every few weeks a new premium seems to come out but other than the Tirpitz which is insanely priced (and a BB when they currently only have a CA line) and the tier 2 CA Emden, every new premium seems to be either Russian, USN or IJN. Especially the former 2 at the moment.

Even the RN and Pan Asian countries have 2 ships each and neither of them even has a line, but the difference is that they're at good tiers for playability and at a reasonable cost. So it seems everybody is getting them except the German navy.

It's very frustrating as I don't see the point in using a tier 2 ship for training a ships captain owing to the low XP you get at such a low tier, but using the Tirpitz is simply crazy for an inexperienced player, so I'm stuck doing the slow grind up an extremely difficult line. :(

So where is the German love?

Hopefully this helps - from a post on 29th feb

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/13042-why-dont-we-have-german-battleships/

Q&A from "Hour with a developer". Alexandr Bogomolskij, publishing producer. Source

Q. When will you put Tirpitz and Warspite on sale once again as you promised? And where's the premium CV?

A. We didn't promise anything. Both ships were on sale temporarily. During the last sales, almost none were sold, that's why they won't be put on sale in the near future. Warspite may be available at the end of May with Jutland. Regarding Tirpitz, maybe with the release of German BB's (August).

Q. Do you plan to introduce ships not belonging to any nation present in the game? Or did it prove to be a failed experiment? 

A. The experience was positive, but we'd do it if Turkish, Dutch or Spanish players played more actively. Polish players play quite a lot, so we released Blyskawica. The same applies to the Pan-Asian ships. We will add Moltke to the German tree.

Q. When will you add pocket battleships?
A. This year (likely as premiums).

http://forum.worldof...t__1020#topmost

Q. Online subsided somewhat since January. The reasons for this, in your opinion?

2. As far as a negative, in your opinion, affect the popularity of the game unwanted modification? Will tightened / loosen / developers do not change the position to deal with them?

3. Smith and Katori will be sold in the premium shop, or is it purely promotional vehicles?

4. Does the planned this year the new selling German premium vehicle? If yes, can you say what class he will belong?

A 1. In these months there was little advertising and few innovations in the game for the main players in the mass. Most of the new products and the entire movement was still for experienced players, which is not so much (Rank fights Team fights, etc.) 

2. It is not affected. Item not menyaetsya- unwanted modifications are unacceptable, fighting programmatically. 

3. This promotional vehicles for joint activities with partners. Can and sell - through partner acquirer.

4. We plan two (if you're lucky maybe three). The battleship and cruiser. With the third builders themselves have not understood, there is not so simple with the definition of the class. (pocket battleship??)

http://forum.worldof..._40__p__1929708

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Q. Do you plan to introduce ships not belonging to any nation present in the game? Or did it prove to be a failed experiment? 

A. The experience was positive, but we'd do it if Turkish, Dutch or Spanish players played more actively. Polish players play quite a lot, so we released Blyskawica. The same applies to the Pan-Asian ships. We will add Moltke to the German tree.

lol Battlecruiser Moltke, 5 x 2 28cm main gun. Inb4 German Navy version of Wyoming :P

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

I was hoping the Prinz Eugen would drop as a premium at the same time as the new Hipper hull,but looks like we are going to be waiting a while longer!

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

The Yorck takes a lot of patience,thinking ahead and working your speed/rudder usage into helping aim the guns ( also helps a little to have the Ter 2 captain skill for faster gun rotation to ).Finally had a good game using AP a couple of days ago to,nearly citadeled a Myoko to death with it! Although still best to spam HE most of the time.

I think its probably my favourite ship in the game at the moment,and I am actually preferring it to the Hipper ( although I think this maybe due to getting up tiered with 9 and 10s a lot due to low pop count,and still trying to figure out how to be effective against those tiers with the Hipper).

24 posts
549 battles

Hopefully this helps - from a post on 29th feb

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/13042-why-dont-we-have-german-battleships/

Q&A from "Hour with a developer". Alexandr Bogomolskij, publishing producer. Source

Q. When will you put Tirpitz and Warspite on sale once again as you promised? And where's the premium CV?

A. We didn't promise anything. Both ships were on sale temporarily. During the last sales, almost none were sold, that's why they won't be put on sale in the near future. Warspite may be available at the end of May with Jutland. Regarding Tirpitz, maybe with the release of German BB's (August).

Q. When will you add pocket battleships?
A. This year (likely as premiums).

http://forum.worldof...t__1020#topmost

Q. Online subsided somewhat since January. The reasons for this, in your opinion?

2. As far as a negative, in your opinion, affect the popularity of the game unwanted modification? Will tightened / loosen / developers do not change the position to deal with them?

3. Smith and Katori will be sold in the premium shop, or is it purely promotional vehicles?

4. Does the planned this year the new selling German premium vehicle? If yes, can you say what class he will belong?

A 1. In these months there was little advertising and few innovations in the game for the main players in the mass. Most of the new products and the entire movement was still for experienced players, which is not so much (Rank fights Team fights, etc.) 
2. It is not affected. Item not menyaetsya- unwanted modifications are unacceptable, fighting programmatically. 
3. This promotional vehicles for joint activities with partners. Can and sell - through partner acquirer.

4. We plan two (if you're lucky maybe three). The battleship and cruiser. With the third builders themselves have not understood, there is not so simple with the definition of the class. (pocket battleship??)

http://forum.worldof..._40__p__1929708

Thanks for the info, though I find it funny when they say they don't sell, the Tirpitz is so expensive it's ridiculous so why would it sell? Lower the price and they'll sell. The laws of supply and demand really so they only have themselves to blame there. However my real issue is that as a relatively new player buying a Tier 8 Battleship when the only one I've played so far are the Kawachi & Myogi, (neither of which are particularly good IMHO) and I just don't want to ruin other peoples games if I stuff up.

So I can either be a Tier 8 newb (which everyone on every WG forum severely criticizes) whilst training and collect credits at the expense of the team until I work out how to play her or I consider going down another line until the sort it out. Russian Cruiser maybe as they seem to be released every month.

Edited by Brendon_2015

892 posts
7,853 battles
Although it's just a matter of time soonTM before new KMS ships are introduced, I grew tired of the wait and have been enjoying playing with USN DD line, which has left me poor in the bank. Busy grinding credits now

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

On Saturday, developer James White appeared on Wargaming FM, where he said among other things:

Concerning German Premiums -

The development of the next tree (German battleships ?) is nearing completion. The modeling of a second tree (British cruisers ?) has been finished and the models are being tuned. The modeling of a third tree has begun. The release of the third tree is planned for December, but may be postponed by 1-2 months.

A premium German battleship of tier 4 is ready. How and when it will be made available is yet unclear.

There will be a German premium ship of tier 6.

Check out other news concerning the Arizona, French/Italian premium ship, and Russian Red Crimea premium

Source - http://www.himmelsdorf.com/category/world-of-warships/

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

It's great to see a bit of good news for both British and German ship lovers....

Do we think the tier 4 bb is the Graf Spee or would it be to low a tier for a pocket BB.

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,364 battles

It's great to see a bit of good news for both British and German ship lovers....

Do we think the tier 4 bb is the Graf Spee or would it be to low a tier for a pocket BB.

british third tree  is only begun?!! looks like i still have to wait longer for british BB 

Sign in to follow this