Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
petee

Why Haven't Izumo/Yamato Got any AA upgrades?

12 comments in this topic

507 posts
9,828 battles

Tier 8,9 and 10 USN Battleships have Received Better AA,Faster Speed and Apparently better accuracy. And so did IJN battleships but only till the Amagi.

Why are the Izumo and Yamato Ignored? Yamato has a pathetic 69 AA Rating Compared to 60 of the Amagi at T8. Although the Numbers don't say the Whole Story here's the AA DPs breakdown.

Yamato's AA guns put out an Average DPS of 403, While a Stock NC has an Average DPS of 466. If they felt like the USN bb's were not "Balanced" and changes were made why were these two ships ignored?

Changes : 

ozjEo1u.png

kagZn2x.png

RNwB67W.png

Edited by petee

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Historical accuracy aside, i think the changes is to firmly emphasize US BB primary strength, which is AA over their IJN counterparts..

If both nation had equal AA performance then why would i pick USN?

[MEGA]
4,575 posts
17,576 battles

yeah, one on one, a yamato can 360 degrees lolpen a montana, while the said montana can only A.ram.  B.watch his AP make little sparks on the yamato's bow. or C.spam HE at the yamato like the true USN T12 CA it is  =3

it's better that IJN BBs are known as the ultimate ship killer while the USN BBs are know as AA monsters/pack wolves/big ass CAs:trollface:

507 posts
9,828 battles

Well i'm not saying they should have equal AA or something,They buffed the rest of the IJN bb's AA but left the Top two unchanged.

[MEGA]
4,575 posts
17,576 battles

cuz izumo is a pile of shite that is a WG plot to get you to skip it with free XP, and any yamato that wanders too far off from his teammates who DO have AA like the CAs that he's supposed to be helping, and is left easy pickings because #no camp no life deserves it if you ask me

Edited by drakon233

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

in all seriousness, you don't even need AA nowadays at tier 10, i hardly ever see any tier 10 cv's in recent matches, only tier 9's (specifically taiho).

Like what the others had said, the Montana is not even a battleship when it has to face a yamato, its a tier 11-12 CA. The only time it reclassifies itself as a BB is when there aren't any yamatos on the opposite team (which rarely happens)

So with the lack of cv's at tier 10 (which in the next patch i can speculate there would be no more cv's at tier 10), what's the point of having so many AA's when your guns/armour clearly is underpowered against the infamous legendary yamato? Clearly, the American BB's are only to spread Freedom in the skies with their spectacular AA setups (and Spam HE like a CA), but only to be owned by Imperial shells. :D

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Fully AA specced Izumo/Yamato is actually quite powerful, people just don't bother outfitting them with AA upgrades

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Fully AA specced Izumo/Yamato is actually quite powerful, people just don't bother outfitting them with AA upgrades

Because

Error 404: CV not found in tier 10 :trollface:

507 posts
9,828 battles

Because

Error 404: CV not found in tier 10 :trollface:

Lol..Nice One,.:D

Edited by petee

129 posts
3,547 battles

so that cv player can throw torpedo on ijn bb. i would never throw my plane to feed those usn bb, their aa is insane.. not even a chance...:trollface:

Sign in to follow this