Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

Saipan planes

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

umm correct me if I'm wrong but the torp bombers and dive bombers on the Saipan do not (according to google) have rear gunners but somehow when my fighters chase them they die to them .. also not managing to shoot any down either which would seem odd being as a fighter is .. well .. a fighter. I didn't bother with the rear gunner skill on Saipan capt for the very reason they don't have rear guns but if this oddity is working as intended maybe I should revisit that skill?

1,070 posts
3,850 battles

Apparently they do according to this:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/75453-premium-ship-review-uss-saipan/page__hl__%20saipan%20%20rear%20%20gunner#topmost

• From tier 1, Situational Awareness is best.  It will let you know when enemy planes are inbound or when you're about to die to a destroyer that's spotting you.  If you intend to use the Air Superiority Build, then you may also enjoy Expert Rear Gunners which will turn your Skyraider squadron into a brutal thug of a formation if your opponents try to shoot it down normally instead of strafing.

359 posts
2,819 battles

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/14292-saipan-show-up-on-asia-and-eu-shops-rigth-now/page__pid__191104#entry191104

the rear gunner skill is useless obviously

I read that Saipan plane does shoot plane down with non-existence rear gun.

the fighters are tier 9 so does this mean the skill only works against tier 10 planes

Yes. It work with plane tier. So Saipan will be on the receiving end, not deliver the bonus.

Both are correct.

I have it on good authority that the bombers do benefit from rear gunner skill despite the planes having no rear gunners IRL or even modeled visually. It will shoot at planes attacking it.

I guess it apply to bombers as well

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

1,070 posts
3,850 battles

Looks like just treat them as if they do have rear gunners no matter what to be in the safe side!

Super Tester
1,310 posts

dont care if IRL they dont have rear gunner

dont care if its a torp bomber

dont care if its a dive bomber

in WoWs

every plane treated to have rear gunner.

i dont really know about the scout plane now tough...

probably they still has the rear gunner too :v

359 posts
2,819 battles

I guess it apply to bombers as well

What am I thinking!. Bombers and always bombers that need rear gunner. Fighter don't need rear gunner, if they attacked, they turn to fight them

Blame Wg for put description "for aircraft with rear gunner" in

Everyone has it anyway.

Sign in to follow this