You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BanditSE1977

New Teamkilling Consequences ( from NA fourm )

63 comments in this topic

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

From here:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/80285-new-teamkilling-consequences/#topmost

Greetings Captains!

One of our overall goals is to increase player happiness, and today we are taking another step towards this goal. As most of you know, our in-game team damage system tracks TK’s and player’s may turn pink, but additional penalties do not happen automatically. We know that intentional TK's cause everyone on the receiving end to have a bad experience. We will now be taking steps to prevent this small group of players from decreasing everyone else's happiness.

We realize that some folks need that extra “incentive” to improve their behavior. For April, we generated a list of everyone on the server who did any teamkill damage during the month. Players will now begin to receive consequences for appearing on this list. The April list showed 2,343 accounts did some amount of ally damage.

We want to be fair here, and not penalize people for making actual mistakes, or even losing their cool and turning to fire on an ally just that one time on a bad day. In order to receive some sort of consequence, you have to have played at least 10 battles for the month, and have at least 5 TK’s.

Everyone who did TK damage in less than 10% of their battles will receive a warning. Maybe you were learning how to use torpedoes, or just had several unlucky games – we’re giving you the benefit of the doubt.

If you did TK damage in 11% or more of your battles, that signals a problem. Depending on what percentage range you fall into, you will receive a 3, 7, or 14 day ban based on April’s results. Anyone who did team damage in the large majority of their battles will be permabanned, and we won’t be accepting appeals for these. There is simply no valid excuse for that much team damage.

We plan to begin generating these lists, possibly even on a weekly basis, and providing consequences to TK’er accounts. Once you have received a consequence for TK, appearing on a list again in the future, regardless of percentage damage done, will result in harsher penalties.

TK'ers are bad for the game, and bad for your personal gaming enjoyment. Deliberate teamkilling is a bad experience for anyone on the receiving end, so insisting that folks shape up or ship out (pun intended!) should serve to improve (almost) everyone’s overall happiness. :)

tl;dr TK is bad, don't do it, or you will receive consequences!

So WG are doing what they should have done in the first place( and apparently the automated system was supposed to handle from what I have read ),ban serial offenders.

If this had of been done first then the new TK rules brought in to make everyone play more carefully it would have been a lot better.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Player happiness hey

yeah ok that's a start

But what about improving the quality of player ?

What about improving the game play at tiers 8-10?  that would make me happy and a lot of other players happy as well.

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

Oh gawd....this is a very bad news for us who play the game fair and square........especially for us who "carry" always, or the ones who "brings home the bacon" from the rest of the bad players.......:amazed:

If there is a perma ban on this kind of problem, there should be a permaban for those players who have lots (I MEAN REALLY LOTS) of battle counts, yet they suck so much............these kind of pwebs are the reason why some (those who carry hard all the time; damn matchmaker at its finest) lost their cool.........:angry:

:honoring:

Edited by IJN_Akashi

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Oh gawd....this is a very bad news for us who play the game fair and square........especially for us who "carry" always, or the ones who "brings home the bacon" from the rest of the bad players.......:amazed:

If there is a perma ban on this kind of problem, there should be a permaban for those players who have lots (I MEAN REALLY LOTS) of battle counts, yet they suck so much............these kind of pwebs are the reason why some (those who carry hard all the time; damn matchmaker at its finest) lost their cool.........:angry:

Um.

So...banning team killers = bad news for players who play fair and square?

By my definition,you're still a pleb or pweb as you say it,so you should be banned too under your conditions,team-killing is a no-no and so is elitism.

1,162 posts

Player happiness hey

yeah ok that's a start

But what about improving the quality of player ?

What about improving the game play at tiers 8-10?  that would make me happy and a lot of other players happy as well.

I know I dont have the rights to say, but it called "Random Battle" for a reason, not "Haha-I-win-everytime Battle" you know.

Back on the topic.

So basically the requirement for TK-ers penalty is:-

-Do more 11% damage to allies

-Played more than 10 battles per month

-Have TK 5 time within that month

How about ramming damage? Lets say you accidentally rammed to your allied DDs that have 10 HP and he died to ram.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

I know I dont have the rights to say, but it called "Random Battle" for a reason, not "Haha-I-win-everytime Battle" you know.

Back on the topic.

So basically the requirement for TK-ers penalty is:-

-Do more 11% damage to allies

-Played more than 10 battles per month

-Have TK 5 time within that month

How about ramming damage? Lets say you accidentally rammed to your allied DDs that have 10 HP and he died to ram.

About ramming,its somewhat confusing:

Well what about the 2 HP ship that deliberately collides with an ally That TK will be counted against the player who has done nothing wrong at all other than being hit by a suicidal ally

NyxWGA: Would still only be one kill and would not even qualify you for a warning.

If this includes collision damage, then it's retarded. I collide/get crashed into like every other game, which technically is "team" damage. You get fined like a 100 credits for it.

NyxWGA: Again, just doing damage doesn't trigger this. You have to kill 5 full ships to make the list, and even then it is also based on the ratio of how many kills versus how many battles. Someone with 5 kills in 20 battles is different than someone who has 5 kills in 300 battles.

Looks like you can still be labeled as Tking,but doesn't cause an alert.Still dumb though.

Personally think ramming damage on friendlies needs to be removed totally.Too many times there is nothing you can do even if you see a collision coming up ( whether its gonna be your fault of not) and you can't avoid it.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Well done, now go after the AFKers.

Even after the last patch the main cause still seems to be loading times.Still seeing 4 of more ships load in late at times,and people still reporting either better of worse loading times compared to pre patch.

Looks like WG still has some optimising to do.

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

Um.

So...banning team killers = bad news for players who play fair and square?

By my definition,you're still a pleb or pweb as you say it,so you should be banned too under your conditions,team-killing is a no-no and so is elitism.

I don't mean like that.........

for example......there was that one player who carried his team on that certain battle (he's part of the enemy; this is tier 8), probably because he was annoyed to the fact that one of their cruisers is stupidly playing nubish at back....and of course, the usual afk'ers......he probably short-circuited, and there he goes on rampage.........(their team still won tho by points, although he got a -1 by killing that nub cruiser that just lingers around at the back of the map)................There are instances that people do this kind of thing, its best advice that they take a break if this nearly comes......

but....what if...they insist to continue playing?

see....this is a problem.......basically a very big problem especially at high tiers..........now......WG should not even tolerate it.....as the less "nubish, pweb" players around, it will be most unlikely that there will be teamkillers (accidental or intentional)....

If your statement is like that....then probably you are just playing casually.....more on low to mid tiers or so.......not even bothering to just contribute a win for the team :amazed:

WoT currently has elitism, and WoWs will soon follow thereafter.....:P

Even after the last patch the main cause still seems to be loading times.Still seeing 4 of more ships load in late at times,and people still reporting either better of worse loading times compared to pre patch.

Looks like WG still has some optimising to do.

Before, when I see afk ones, I just spam the damn report button as "bot".............I wonder, why they still insist to go in a battle when they already knew their PC is a potato for WoWs.....

but with the recent patches, and some troubles in optimization (like the netshops around here; diskless, and it takes MINUTES to load in a battle), I just let go of the afk'ers....no idea if they are total afk bots or just people who have that strange loading time....

Edited by IJN_Akashi

1,162 posts

About ramming,its somewhat confusing:

Looks like you can still be labeled as Tking,but doesn't cause an alert.Still dumb though.

Personally think ramming damage on friendlies needs to be removed totally.Too many times there is nothing you can do even if you see a collision coming up ( whether its gonna be your fault of not) and you can't avoid it.

Small map like Big Race and New Dawn is troublesome because the ships (CA and BB) at that tier is so big and the island is way too many you cant avoid each other when retreating. I agreed man, collision damage need to be removed. Its just a few HP anyways, why even bother to put that mechanics. :sceptic:

359 posts
2,819 battles

I am a bit concern with "won’t be accepting appeals " But I guess they have no time. There will be a lot of cases.

But another thing. Is it just me but I read

Everyone who did TK damage in less than 10% of their battles will receive a warning

If you did TK damage in 11% or more of your battles,

as

The one that do team damage (or kill) in 10% of number of battles they played

(do team damage (regardless of damage) in 11 games while playing 100 battles-or do 21 kill in 200 battle)

But most here and NA seem to read it as 10% of damages.

Forgive my English confusion.

Lastly. How is team planes kill count?

Strafe 5 ally planes down. You kill 5 allies! Pink outright lol.

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

Lastly. How is team planes kill count?

Strafe 5 ally planes down. You kill 5 allies! Pink outright lol.

wait.....seriously? strafe ally planes or strafe your own planes can make you go pink? LOL

gawd......if that's going to happen in the future, I should stop strafing the enemy fighter squads who are chasing my bombers that I will sacrifice for the greater good, which means, friendly bombers dead, enemy fighters retreat, a total loss........

gee gee the spirit of banzai kamikaze is gone......

Edited by IJN_Akashi

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

There are hard set limits Hero, which WG will not post!

Easiest way to look at this (and this has been implemented for a few patches now) is don't team damage, don't use your ship as a bumper car, Switch your secondaries on/off as allies approach. Its not hard.

And before every one has a go at me - if you turn pink, it's your fault, you know the rules, you know you have to follow them.

Now to get rid of the AFK players as well (and if you don't load into battle within 2 mins, you are AFK)

359 posts
2,819 battles

There are hard set limits Hero, which WG will not post!

Just to clarify, you talking about my last point, team plane kill correct?.

Once 0.5.6 hit, I gonna try strafe my planes at the end of the matches, just to see if kill my own (not ally) plane count as tk.

Unless someone volunteer to be a guinea pig lol.

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

Once 0.5.6 hit, I gonna try strafe my planes at the end of the matches, just to see if kill my own (not ally) plane count as tk.

I personally volunteer :izmena:

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

No, I was referring to your post about team damage, I am still unsure about plane kills (since I normally don't use CV's)

Super Tester
2,725 posts

If WG implement additional Complaint "Team Killing", that would help the administration & have better community.

Some people just newbie & being trigger happy with their torpedoes. Or like what I experienced a tier 2 Chikuma (in a tier 5 div) intentional fire HE shell at my allied tier 7 Nagato.

Edited by Mingfang47

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Switch your secondaries on/off as allies approach

Yeah,good idea just as an enemy carrier is about to torp you or a DD races in for a close shot,free kill to the enemy.

don't use your ship as a bumper car

And we are supposed to be able to avoid being rammed by another player who is not paying attention to where they are going how?Especially when we are in a BB?There have been plenty of times I have been rammed by other players,and even seeing that it was coming not being able to get out the way.THEN copping the bigger penalty for them not paying attention.

I had 2 incidents in 2 different matches just after I started to play WOWs,both in BB's.Both times within minutes of start as I was sailing along I had cruisers overtake me from behind not looking where they were going and bounce of off me,one on my left stern,one on my right amidships.By the time I realised they were going to collide I couldn't do anything about it and guess who got the bigger penalty?

I have rammed other players before from losing SA,and I will gladly take the blame in those cases,but you quite often can't avoid a collision no matter what happens.And part from what I know of how the game is designed its at least partly WG's fault.The ships are scaled bigger,move faster plus we have limited size maps to play on which makes it all the more harder to avoid collisions.

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

I don't mean like that.........

for example......there was that one player who carried his team on that certain battle (he's part of the enemy; this is tier 8), probably because he was annoyed to the fact that one of their cruisers is stupidly playing nubish at back....and of course, the usual afk'ers......he probably short-circuited, and there he goes on rampage.........(their team still won tho by points, although he got a -1 by killing that nub cruiser that just lingers around at the back of the map)................There are instances that people do this kind of thing, its best advice that they take a break if this nearly comes......

but....what if...they insist to continue playing?

see....this is a problem.......basically a very big problem especially at high tiers..........now......WG should not even tolerate it.....as the less "nubish, pweb" players around, it will be most unlikely that there will be teamkillers (accidental or intentional)....

If your statement is like that....then probably you are just playing casually.....more on low to mid tiers or so.......not even bothering to just contribute a win for the team :amazed:

WoT currently has elitism, and WoWs will soon follow thereafter.....:P

Before, when I see afk ones, I just spam the damn report button as "bot".............I wonder, why they still insist to go in a battle when they already knew their PC is a potato for WoWs.....

but with the recent patches, and some troubles in optimization (like the netshops around here; diskless, and it takes MINUTES to load in a battle), I just let go of the afk'ers....no idea if they are total afk bots or just people who have that strange loading time....

1. although he got a -1 by killing that nub cruiser that just lingers around at the back of the map

Play stupid games,win stupid prizes.

2. but....what if...they insist to continue playing?

Nothing happens unless they insist to continue team-killing,then which they get a ban.

3. nubish, pweb" players around, it will be most unlikely that there will be teamkillers (accidental or intentional)....

There will be team-killing with or without "nubish" or "pweb" players around.

4.  If your statement is like that....then probably you are just playing casually.....more on low to mid tiers or so.......not even bothering to just contribute a win for the team

This is the straw that broke the camel's back that is your ignorance,first up lets see some proof :

L3x36RU.png

tkeFoZC.png

If your statement is like that....then probably you are just playing casually.....more on low to mid tiers or so.......not even bothering to just contribute a win for the tea

First up,we have similar average tiers,hell I even have more tier 8 games than you, I also contribute 11.02% more wins than you.

5. WoT currently has elitism, and WoWs will soon follow thereafter.....

Maybe you're right,maybe elitism will come but why do you feel the need to stink it up with your elitism right now? You're hardly any different from those you condemn as  "nubish" or "pweb" players,

With a mere 55% winrate,you're already acting high and mighty,doling out "nubs" and "pwebs" left right and center,

Why don't you get off your high horse and speak nicely without throwing insults so we can have a civil discussion.

With Warm Regards,

Nisa

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

If WG implement additional Complaint "Team Killing", that would help the administration & have better community.

Some people just newbie & being trigger happy with their torpedoes. Or like what I experienced a tier 2 Chikuma (in a tier 5 div) intentional fire HE shell at my allied tier 7 Nagato.

TK in game complaint option should be a thing.The only option is 'plays badly' which can mean anything.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

1. although he got a -1 by killing that nub cruiser that just lingers around at the back of the map

Play stupid games,win stupid prizes.

2. but....what if...they insist to continue playing?

Nothing happens unless they insist to continue team-killing,then which they get a ban.

3. nubish, pweb" players around, it will be most unlikely that there will be teamkillers (accidental or intentional)....

There will be team-killing with or without "nubish" or "pweb" players around.

4.  If your statement is like that....then probably you are just playing casually.....more on low to mid tiers or so.......not even bothering to just contribute a win for the team

This is the straw that broke the camel's back that is your ignorance,first up lets see some proof :

L3x36RU.png

tkeFoZC.png

If your statement is like that....then probably you are just playing casually.....more on low to mid tiers or so.......not even bothering to just contribute a win for the tea

First up,we have similar average tiers,hell I even have more tier 8 games than you, I also contribute 11.02% more wins than you.

5. WoT currently has elitism, and WoWs will soon follow thereafter.....

Maybe you're right,maybe elitism will come but why do you feel the need to stink it up with your elitism right now? You're hardly any different from those you condemn as  "nubish" or "pweb" players,

With a mere 55% winrate,you're already acting high and mighty,doling out "nubs" and "pwebs" left right and center,

Why don't you get off your high horse and speak nicely without throwing insults so we can have a civil discussion.

With Warm Regards,

Nisa

The only reason we are starting to see "elitism" on our server, is because you, and few others are bringing it over from WoT. We do not want or need it here,and if it continues, actions will be taken.

First and last warning.