Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

Texas AA rebalance

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

Does anyone have info on the changes to Texas AA ? Myself and many others bought this ship due to the many tier 4-5 matches with 2 carriers per team and near zilch AA at these tiers. Finally a ship is offered that can at least kill planes (not so much secondaries vs dds)  ... am I going to find the AA nerfed and so own a ship without the characteristic I bought it for?  I paid real money for a specific reason, Id hate to find within weeks ive been scammed out of that money. Very bad business practice incoming or just a storm in a tea cup?

590 posts
2,995 battles

I think your jumping the gun a little here, 

Any Rebalance of any premium ship takes a while to do, and they tend to only rebalance if it's overwhelmingly proven to be op, even then not so much (looking at you Imp Nic) 

So for the moment, don't even worry about it  :medal::izmena:

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

If anything,its probably going to get even more AA.

Since WG has finally hacked in the ability to implement AA batteries mounted on-top of main batteries without having the main turret going down when the AA gun dies.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Any Rebalance of any premium ship takes a while to do, and they tend to only rebalance if it's overwhelmingly proven to be op, even then not so much (looking at you Imp Nic) 

Actually, they'd only rebalance (buff) it if it's underpowered. Overpowered ones don't get nerfed but instead taken out of store (Gremmyaschy, Nikolai, etc)

So don't worry, your prem ships won't be nerfed, but there's a possibility that every other ships would get buffed instead, though that's very unlikely. :hiding:

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

Yubari disagrees...

590 posts
2,995 battles

Yubari disagrees...

*laughs* I know right, I love my yubari! Myself and deathsky thinks we should have a return the yubari to it's former glory petition or something :P

But there are a couple of examples of Premiums getting buffs and nerfs, Albany and Yubari are two such ships

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Yeah I saw the word "rebalanced" also in the patch notes.

"Rebalanced" implies one of two things, but never both at the same time: the AA is either improved (buffed) OR degraded (nerfed).

I certainly hope that Tirpitz AA is getting a buff, although just stating it's being "rebalanced" doesn't really tell us much, huh?!. 

It really needs a buff because my Tirpitz is most often meeting tier 9 and 10 cv planes, which completely dominate it. Not that I play it anymore, and this is one of the factors as to why.

WG says they don't like to mess with premium tanks/ ships but when they do, it's because there are major issues with something, perhaps the vehicle is underperforming leading to low sales figures, or the tears of the free to players are very real and they are "too OP".

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

As far as my experience with the Texas AA goes, it's purely for protecting your own ship and not the fleet, so not exactly good for team work.

The reviews all stated the AA was Godlike awesome, I built my ship and captain around decent AA, to find it only shoots down planes within 4kms or so ...:sceptic:

783 posts
4,809 battles

As far as my experience with the Texas AA goes, it's purely for protecting your own ship and not the fleet, so not exactly good for team work.

The reviews all stated the AA was Godlike awesome, I built my ship and captain around decent AA, to find it only shoots down planes within 4kms or so ...:sceptic:

To speak from the CV perspective, whenever there's an enemy Texas, I avoid it like the plague due to its popularity as a no-fly zone. Haven't really tested bombing one and probably never will. :hiding:

415 posts
10,918 battles

Same here ... very disappointing 

Super Tester
1,310 posts

well duh.. with 500k AA mod upgrade + aft

those boffors can shoot up to 5.1km (dont mind the 6km DP gun, the boffors is da real AA)

with AFT+BFT+manual AA+AA mod. 5.1km no fly zone is real.

whenever there is tier 4/5 CV try to bomb texas.. well.. they may be success to drop some load. but dont expect the plane to go home.

Sign in to follow this