Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
epojokke

Trick on Strait if you play destroyer

14 comments in this topic

50 posts
14 battles

Disclaimer: This trick won't work every single time. The circumstances need to be right.

As an added bonus, there is some fancy torpedo driving towards the end of the video.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

well the CV was a noob as he was using auto drop with his torp planes

but now every player that watches the vid will try to do the same thing or counter it in a cruiser for a easy DD kill.

But thanks for the video nicely done and yes always keep your eye on the mini map :look:

Edited by yobbo1972

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

I don't feel like watching/skimming through a 12 min video,is there a slightly tl;dw version? :hiding:

He sneaks through middle islands and snipes a CV, then goes up the right to try and snipe the remaining CV, who tries to cross auto drop using TBs. Then he kills a Wyoming but the remaining CV and a CA kill him.

Edited by ADM_dude

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

He sneaks through middle islands and snipes a CV, then goes up the right to try and snipe the other CV, who tries to cross auto drop using TBs, then he kills a Wyoming. Remaining CV kills him.

Oh alright,I thought it would be some super special fancy destroyer kung-fu or some "X" marks the spot super special magic malinovka camp bush sorcery.

Guess the video is alright for newer players looking to get better at using destroyers in Strait.

50 posts
14 battles

Isn't this standard information for most DD players?

I have never seen anyone else do this, but maybe I've just been unlucky not to see it.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Nearly every match on this map DD's try this as well as CA/CL's and what amazes me is that idiot CV's still try to hide or cross in this part of the map.

350 posts

Nearly every match on this map DD's try this as well as CA/CL's and what amazes me is that idiot CV's still try to hide or cross in this part of the map.

Well, those islands do provide some nice hiding spots. Of course, any player smart enough to follow a homing torpedo plane/dive bomber would still find the CV there anyway.

54 posts
7,188 battles

CV can do this with their bombers too, Basically, because no one ever goes that way, your can sneak on the middle,once your reach the islands,  you just need to search north or south to snipe the CV. I seen one or two done this and I myself have done it too when I feel like I want to get a CV first blood kill. Most CV players like to sail towards the series of islands too, which is a bad move. This map is kinda unique in a sense that you dont sneak your planes on the borders of the map but rather the middle portion of the map.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Oh rest assured, more competent CV players would be kind enough to spread their planes in the center when they enter that group of islands as a check for unwanted destroyers.

Much like how CVs like to hide behind islands, it's predictable that DDs will attempt to poke through holes in detection to get a nice kill. In later tiers, destroyers would actually fear carriers for spotting them in their very brave antics. After all, to get past all that security unnoticed, a player needs a small number of small ships, and not even smoke will save them should a carrier commit a squadron solely for spotting them until their destruction. Ultimately, it's based on the CV player's competence and aerial superiority in the map.

507 posts
9,828 battles

The Team who's CV spawns on the north side is kinda unlucky.Its kinda easy to sneak through if you're team doesn't care and you don't look at the mini map.

50 posts
14 battles

Oh rest assured, more competent CV players would be kind enough to spread their planes in the center when they enter that group of islands as a check for unwanted destroyers.

Much like how CVs like to hide behind islands, it's predictable that DDs will attempt to poke through holes in detection to get a nice kill. In later tiers, destroyers would actually fear carriers for spotting them in their very brave antics. After all, to get past all that security unnoticed, a player needs a small number of small ships, and not even smoke will save them should a carrier commit a squadron solely for spotting them until their destruction. Ultimately, it's based on the CV player's competence and aerial superiority in the map.

I agree. This little trick probably wouldn't work too well in higher tiers. Carriers have a lot more planes and people are better in general.

However, I think it has its place around tiers 4-5.

Sign in to follow this