Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grimnar42

Turning Pink

17 comments in this topic

334 posts
12,993 battles

I am getting a bit concerned have seen a lot of pink players lately much more than usual. I suppose a significant portion of them are a result of accidents or just plain negligence on their part. What concerns me is after the TK change in the last patch getting the team killer status has become too easy and I see in the forums a lot of people posting being told don't worry about it play carefully it will go away. Now I used to try very hard not to harm team mates alas accidents do happen. However if being labeled a TK and the stigma and or penalties become common place with nothing much to worry about will the community become blase' about it all. I can see being pink wont concern anyone anymore and you wont be able to tell the malicious players from the ones involved in an accident.

Hope this makes sense   

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

when you start a match and found out there is a pink player in your own team, it doesnt meant that you need to stay away from him, keep check his turrent is it aimed to you or not... or abuse him....

when someone being pink, this will mean that any damage he did to his ally, will be reflectect on his own... (in other words, you cant kill any teammates while you are pink)

i have seen many many times that a pink named player, be in the top 5 in highest exp on match...

Super Tester
1,310 posts

well its a good thing tough.

those pink player will not be shunned anymore.

remember what was happen in pre 0.5.5?

if some1 look at pink player.. they will shunned him/her right away.

some even throw some harsh word to them.

but now. its almost not happening anymore

alas, we still need to wary about pink player..

if u got pink player in ur team, try to stay clear of him.

especially in low tier. 

coz those pink player is either has malicious intend or careless ppl.

either way. that will be dangerous for u.

same also applies in high tier (especially if those player driving premium ship with torp like atago)

those guy probably new guy that just throwing torp carelessly. just stay clear of them.

334 posts
12,993 battles

Don't think I made myself clear what worries me is the whole tk thing wont be something to avoid anymore if it becomes too easy to get it.

216 posts
2,239 battles

Yep, just as OP pointed out, "We harshened the penalty for damaging and destroying allied ships. From now on a player can receive the "Team Killer" status even if they caused relatively slight damage to an ally/ a player will instantly receive the "Team Killer" status when they destroy an allied ship (except for destruction by ramming)". - 0.5.5 patch notes.

Like others have said before me, watch out for these pink names, but at the same time don't judge before you have evidence that he has malice intent, because this patch is less forgiving that pink name player might have just had a honest mistake and hit a friendly with a torp, tunnel vision shot, ect and since the game is less forgiving they become labeled easier. So don't write these pinkies off as bad guys, but be cautious.

216 posts
2,239 battles

Don't think I made myself clear what worries me is the whole tk thing wont be something to avoid anymore if it becomes too easy to get it.

I think we did catch your drift, it's just that there is no way of checking to see if players are getting the next level of punishment with out naming and shaming that member, which we all know that WG, and the Mod staff will not allow.

As long as the ban punishment has also become easier to achieve (in proportion to how much easier it is to receive pink status) I doubt that this will numb how cautious people are about becoming pink.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

They do get the required punishment, turning pink now flags them for attention, both on the auto system and by manual checking.

One of Spotters new toys.

Heard on the grape vine WG will be reducing the leniently of allied ramming as well, so the message is simple, learn how to sail correctly, and don't run into each other!

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

I actually turned pink recently when I was playing tier 2 with newbie friends, the game was ending in our favor (900:70~) and we were spraying down an enemy battleship + destroyer with torpedoes (because omg 20 second reload so fun) when a team mate sailed into my torps launched over 15 seconds ago,he took 232 damage and died and I turned pink instantly,we both had a good laugh over it and he was totally cool with it. :great:
I then took a break and came on the next day to play,I was still pink but I was alright and it wore off after 10 games or so. Didn't receive discrimination for being pink-skinned which is pretty cool I guess.

Seems like to un-pink yourself you need to play some games with good behavior *(aka not team killing) and you'll be fine. :honoring:

when you start a match and found out there is a pink player in your own team, it doesnt meant that you need to stay away from him, keep check his turrent is it aimed to you or not... or abuse him....

when someone being pink, this will mean that any damage he did to his ally, will be reflectect on his own... (in other words, you cant kill any teammates while you are pink)

i have seen many many times that a pink named player, be in the top 5 in highest exp on match...

You can still team kill team mates when pink,damage will be reflected unto yourself but the person being team killed still takes damage, I remembered watching a pink Furutaka team-killing the carrier and a destroyer before sinking for his transgressions (we lost that game).:angry:

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

You can still team kill team mates when pink,damage will be reflected unto yourself but the person being team killed still takes damage, I remembered watching a pink Furutaka team-killing the carrier and a destroyer before sinking for his transgressions (we lost that game).:angry:

Is that true? because i swear i read somewhere before that a pink player will get detonated and the victim wont get damage...

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Is that true? because i swear i read somewhere before that a pink player will get detonated and the victim wont get damage...

nope...

when pinkie attack their team mates.. :

• they will still able to attack their team mates.
  • their team mates will still sustain damage from him

but.

• those pinkie will also suffer the damage that's inflicted to his/her team mates and its amplified.
  • if u already pink, and u killed someone, u will also get killed

so for the example..

Pink hit A for 500 damage,

A will suffer 500 damage.

pink will also suffer damage, and its amplified (for example : 700 damage. i dont really know how much the damage got amplified)

when pink kill A, pink will also die

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Heard on the grape vine WG will be reducing the leniently of allied ramming as well, so the message is simple, learn how to sail correctly, and don't run into each other!

And we are supposed to be able to avoid being rammed another player who is not paying attention to where they are going how?Especially when we are in a BB?There have been plenty of times I have been rammed by other players,and even seeing that it was coming not being able to get out the way.THEN copping the bigger penalty for them not paying attention.I don't mind if its my fault paying more.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

nope...

when pinkie attack their team mates.. :

• they will still able to attack their team mates.
  • their team mates will still sustain damage from him

but.

• those pinkie will also suffer the damage that's inflicted to his/her team mates and its amplified.
  • if u already pink, and u killed someone, u will also get killed

so for the example..

Pink hit A for 500 damage,

A will suffer 500 damage.

pink will also suffer damage, and its amplified (for example : 700 damage. i dont really know how much the damage got amplified)

when pink kill A, pink will also die

I have seen a pink Tier 4 CV be destroyed after torping a friendly South Carolina,the SC had lost half its health.So must have been some multipliers there.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

I have seen a pink Tier 4 CV be destroyed after torping a friendly South Carolina,the SC had lost half its health.So must have been some multipliers there.

yes..

torping the SC to half hp is roughly 15k damage

so that pink CV will also get 15k damage + amplification/multiplier

i dont really know how big is the amplifier/multiplier..

but yeah.. they got more damage than what they inflict to their allies

75 posts
3,402 battles

I used to play Ground War Tanks. RIP to GWT - they recently turned the servers off...

Anyway -in GWT friendly fire did zero damage and had no penalty. You felt the hit, had screen responce to tell you were the shot came from etc, but that was it, just an annoyance - BUT it did still counted as one of the rounds from a limited magazine.

Why not consider this option - OR - team hits still count - but at a fraction or the damage is recorded .....

Anyway, just a thought

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

I used to play Ground War Tanks. RIP to GWT - they recently turned the servers off...

Anyway -in GWT friendly fire did zero damage and had no penalty. You felt the hit, had screen responce to tell you were the shot came from etc, but that was it, just an annoyance - BUT it did still counted as one of the rounds from a limited magazine.

Why not consider this option - OR - team hits still count - but at a fraction or the damage is recorded .....

Anyway, just a thought

However, other players can still push your tank to mess up your aim and let the enemy team kill, hence 'team killing' is still in effect, just in a different way:D

In ships however, even collision has little to no effect of affecting the accuracy of guns since it will still be tracking the target if you're lock on.

(PS: i'm also an ex-GWT player, that is if you're from the NA server where WOW, SOD, PLP, UNA exist:trollface:)

892 posts
7,853 battles

Most number of pinks I've ever encountered in a battle on the same team is 3 I think. So far, I've not encountered any negative issues with pink ships in the same team. In fact, some of them played well and contributed significantly towards a good outcome for the battle. Instead of jeering at them, I usually do cheer them on (while spectating after sinking).

Sign in to follow this