Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TepidusLegend

Please Nerf the Budyonny

27 comments in this topic

222 posts
3,269 battles

Hello Wargaming. I recently got my Budyonny and i think this ship is too unfair when compared to my other tier VI cruisers. Her armor can shrug off most AP cruiser shells in her effective engagement range. Not only that, the turret traverse, muzzle velocity and arcs are powerful too. The torpedo might only reach 4k, but the arc and speed is excellent. To top it all off, the ship has spotter planes and fast speed.

Please nerf this ship. 

Yours Truly, 

TepidusLegend

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

why is it people complain about other ships being OP and not even taking a double take on Zao's OPness at tier 10 being a mindless invisi-fire HE Spammer which takes no skill to play it unlike the other tier 10 cruisers of different nationality?

And for Budy: its not even OP, it can be Citadelled from all sorts of angles no matter what you do, thats why its guns are justified to be "OP" because it still requires skill to handle it, unlike a group of zaos that can just burn down a Battleship at the same time with little to no effort.

On a side note, its a Russian ship, so i highly doubt its going to be nerfed because :trollface:

222 posts
3,269 battles

"The Budyonny's AA is weaker than that of the Cleveland, Aoba and Nurnberg." (Check hull B)

"When it comes to armor, the Budyonny in her stock configuration is third among tier VI cruisers, with only nurnberg behind her."

Lol

1O7czXw.png

Funny vid, really

Edited by TepidusLegend

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Just nerf yourself, the real OP here is the player itself. :P

That could be said about prettymuch every ship..except the Karlsruhe :hiding:

But still, many Russian Cruisers are above the power curve right now, there needs something to be done. Premium ships are out of the question, WG don't want to nerf them cuz reasons.

[KGHSF]
3,205 posts
6,030 battles

Bud have only 3 turrets while Cleveland have 4 but slow traverse speed 32sec and Bud get quicker 22sec. 

Bud doesn't have good HP like others and have some weak similar Kirov.

Bud hasn't strong AA walls but Cleve were best AA walls SO Bud get compensated by long range firing and emergency short range quintuple torps  :aqua: 

Edited by THAI_THIEF

222 posts
3,269 battles

Thai Thief. The Budyonny outclasses the Cleveland by a mile long. "Doesn't have good HP" my ass, that thing has the second biggest HP pool of all Cruisers in her tier when in hull B(also compared to other cruisers with the most advanced hull). Not only that it has the thickest citadel armor compared to it's peers.

"Doesn't have strong AA walls"? Don't make me laugh. Her AA is only beaten by the Cleveland.

[KGHSF]
3,205 posts
6,030 battles

Thai Thief. The Budyonny outclasses the Cleveland by a mile long. "Doesn't have good HP" my ass, that thing has the second biggest HP pool of all Cruisers in her tier when in hull B(also compared to other cruisers with the most advanced hull). Not only that it has the thickest citadel armor compared to it's peers.

"Doesn't have strong AA walls"? Don't make me laugh. Her AA is only beaten by the Cleveland.

I'm see but.... when I use Bud and be swarmed by plane could I get out alive?

I'm sorry for unreasonable. 

Edited by THAI_THIEF

590 posts
2,995 battles

stats seem interesting - from the SEA Server, Suggest that yes her guns are pretty powerful, win rate is up, but sample size is small, compared to other ships, her plane kill is low, her ship kill is basically on par with the cleveland / Nurnberg.

Time will tell, at the moment in my opinion, she is a soft target, i've been one shot killed a few times in it. But she does have a good gun, sit back, use her range, and you'll reap rewards. To counter that, hit her with ap rounds, aim for weakpoints (the whole ship) and she will go away pretty fast

Icon Name Nation Battles WR% ▼ Dmg XP Ship ☠ Plane ☠ Srv%

PRSC506.png Molotov  USSR 9,722 55.31% 42,048 1,316 1.0 0.5 38%
PRSC106.png Budyonny  USSR 115,118 55.13% 38,044 1,137 0.9 1.1 38%
PASC007.png Cleveland  USA 3,315,359 50.02% 29,240 865 0.8 3.3 36%
PGSC106.png Nürnberg  Germany 707,151 49.20% 25,653 857 0.7 0.7 30%
PJSC007.png Aoba  Japan 2,342,937 48.56% 25,458 877 0.6 1.8 33%
Edited by tc1259

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

of course comrade, its only righteous for Mother Russia glorious ship to be overpowered. glorious soviet cruisers should lay waste on capitalist pigs, imperialist dogs and fascist $%^& ships. they all should all bow down to the righteous fist of Stalin. 

Inappropriate Content, User Warned

~tc1259

i haven't reach tier VI yet of soviet tech tree but kirov is quite op too. she's glass canon but her guns can citadel angled light cruiser without problem. sometimes even armored cruiser. her only real problem is she's is 80% made of citadel, quite sluggish and has shell.

tl;dr. soviet cruisers don't know how to balance.

Edited by tc1259

1,162 posts

i haven't reach tier VI yet of soviet tech tree but kirov is quite op too. she's glass canon but her guns can citadel angled light cruiser without problem. sometimes even armored cruiser. her only real problem is she's is 80% made of citadel, quite sluggish and has shell.

tl;dr. soviet cruisers don't know how to balance.

Was grinding Kirov last night. In summary:-

1st match: roasted by DD

2nd: smashed by Aoba

3rd: Double citadeled by BB while perfectly 180 deg angle

4th: Detonated by PepsiCola and only managed to dish one salvo of 800 damage

5th: Torpedo-ed while engine was knocked down

A glass cannon confirmed.

222 posts
3,269 battles

Look. I think you guys are misunderstanding my feelings about this ship.

Listen, I love Budyonny. She is a beautiful ship, but giving her this amount of stats when ships like Aoba have the short stick of engagements is just not fair.

I just feel guilty, using this ship. She has all the things i want from a cruiser. I don't need anything else from it, really.

It may seem demanding and ignorant for me to say this, but I want the cruisers not to be a power hierarchy, but to be a choice of gameplay.

Thank you for listening though.

783 posts
4,819 battles

I'm inclined to agree with Tepidus.

Across all the servers, Budyonny is registering a significant damage and win rate advantage over the others.

From personal experience, she has the best gun arc at her tier and only loses in armor when compared to the Cleveland. Her AA is decent for a Tier 6 cruiser too. She doesn't have much of a disadvantage to outweigh her pros unlike her peers.

Sign in to follow this