Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TE_Deathskyz

A stat that should be considered (NA)

29 comments in this topic

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

Reposting from http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/80046-a-stat-that-should-be-considered/

WG and other statistical websites such as Warships.today and WarshipStats should consider listing a players average place on a team.  This would probably be a better gauge of the quality of the player vs W/R.  This may also help WG to identify bots as they usually place in the bottom 3 or 4.

I don't think you can pad your average place in your team other than playing well.

783 posts
4,809 battles

Third Party websites only get things from WGs data in the first place so I myself have no idea if team placement is being made available even if it is tracked. :unsure:

24 posts
549 battles

Why? I get really confused by people wanting to know how good or bad other players are. Besides a player who's in the top half doesn't necessarily mean he's a good team player. I could have played 30 games and be at the top, buy a tier 8 premium and still have no idea how to play.

Would you rather have a mid range player with 2000 games or a player who is deemed to be better yet has only 50 games

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Excellent, but how will it apply to players without teams?

Speaking of stats...

My numbers aren't going up. I've over one thousand battles now, but it hasn't updated in over a week.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Speaking of stats...

My numbers aren't going up. I've over one thousand battles now, but it hasn't updated in over a week.

you are talking about the third party program or your Signature?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

SIggy.

From the warshipstats page.

Force-updates do nothing.

yes, i can see that

about 400 battles different

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Speaking of stats...

yeah mine hasn't either as the website seems to be down

753 posts
8,965 battles

I don't think you can pad your average place in your team other than playing well.

Meh, just another stat for those among us here that like to use others stats to justify an argument. 

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Meh, just another stat for those among us here that like to use others stats to justify an argument. 

You're going to have people who will pulling stats to justify their arguments.

Having stats that are more relevant to actual player quality is an improvement over flawed metrics that can be easily padded no?

753 posts
8,965 battles

Having stats that are more relevant to actual player quality is an improvement over flawed metrics that can be easily padded no?

An improvement for what purpose other than what I previously stated? I roughly know the percentage of my average place in the team and cannot see any benefit of others seeing that.

Actually I cannot see any point to others being able to see any players stats except again for the purpose other than what I previously stated. 

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

An improvement for what purpose other than what I previously stated? I roughly know the percentage of my average place in the team and cannot see any benefit of others seeing that.

Actually I cannot see any point to others being able to see any players stats except again for the purpose other than what I previously stated. 

Regardless if you see any point,it will come up eventually.

Having a metric that is less inherently flawed comes with little downsides.

Just because you have no need for the statistic doesn't mean its worthless to others,some enjoy having a high hit-ratio,some enjoy dealing lots of damage and I personally like winning more often than losing.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

Cannot see any benefit of others seeing that.

An extremely low average number like always being at the bottom 3 or 4 in performance as stated by the OP in NA indicates a bot

An person who is constantly the best performer in the team is a good sign that he's always proactive in winning. 

I believe the poster in NA would answer you better. 

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

753 posts
8,965 battles

An extremely low average number like always being at the bottom 3 or 4 in performance as stated by the OP in NA indicates a bot

An person who is constantly the best performer in the team is a good sign that he's always proactive in winning. 

I believe the poster in NA would answer you better. 

Bots can be reported by those in the game who actually experienced the behavior and should not be labelled by stats, I have been on the bottom, for example, after holding an entire flank alone in a DD but not scoring any hits, just my constant torpedoes kept them away.

That was proactive towards winning yet resulted in being on bottom.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

Bots can be reported by those in the game who actually experienced the behavior and should not be labelled by stats, I have been on the bottom, for example, after holding an entire flank alone in a DD but not scoring any hits, just my constant torpedoes kept them away.

That was proactive towards winning yet resulted in being on bottom.

Bots are those who are ALWAYS at the bottom. If you keep finding yourself at the bottom of the team at the end... Something is wrong

Except that the in-game Bot Reports dont work.

Latest Q&A. Source

2.a. What punishment does a players get for being reported as "bot" or "playing badly"?

A. Both of these reports are only for analytical purpose. The first one is for data about bots, the second for data about the necessity to have better learning processes. There are no penalties associated with both of these reports.

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

753 posts
8,965 battles

A. Both of these reports are only for analytical purpose. The first one is for data about bots, the second for data about the necessity to have better learning processes. There are no penalties associated with both of these reports.

Well this is interesting and something that I wasn't aware of so thank you for that but this sort of nullifies the reason why the NA OP wants this stat also as it will just be used for analytical purposes as well.

I agree it would be a nice stat to have for personal use but my original statement here was aimed mainly at the trolls here that continually use others stats in order to vainly attempt to demean someone during a difference of opinions on various matters.

Everyone has the right to their opinion and those trolls that resort to using someones else stats to justify their opinion have already lost the argument.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

A. Both of these reports are only for analytical purpose. The first one is for data about bots, the second for data about the necessity to have better learning processes. There are no penalties associated with both of these reports.

Well this is interesting and something that I wasn't aware of so thank you for that but this sort of nullifies the reason why the NA OP wants this stat also as it will just be used for analytical purposes as well.

I agree it would be a nice stat to have for personal use but my original statement here was aimed mainly at the trolls here that continually use others stats in order to vainly attempt to demean someone during a difference of opinions on various matters.

Everyone has the right to their opinion and those trolls that resort to using someones else stats to justify their opinion have already lost the argument.

But of all these stats, this particular one would be very difficult to pad.

You can pad average exp by stealth capping in DDs.

You can pad average exp by playing Battleships, high tier BBs nets about 70-80k damage.

I don't know how you can pad being the top performer in your team except by doing well.

783 posts
4,809 battles

At the very least, since it is a nice to have stat both for personal use and analytical purposes, it would be wrong NOT to implement it just because of some trolls bringing up the stats card.

I myself like to look at stats either personally or server averages just because. (Stats are somehow tied with me IRL so I enjoy looking at it to an extent)

753 posts
8,965 battles

I don't know how you can pad being the top performer in your team except by doing well.

it would be wrong NOT to implement it just because of some trolls bringing up the stats card.

At no point did I say not to implement it or in regards to padding and think it would be a good stat to have, just the use of it by trolls is my concern here. Server averages are fine but personal stats should remain personal which would give some trolls here no chance to make some of the statements that they do.

I could mention names but that is against the rules but you will also notice that they will not weigh into this discussion.

Sign in to follow this