Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TaikoTaiko

Tier 9-10 IJN performance

47 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

tier VII, IX and X IJN DD are still good, saw lots of great games from steams. aside from their torpedo they also got really good guns. slow turning and reload but the damage and shell velocity are better than RU and USN. enough to kite USN cruiser when engaging them. i remember getting my benson 1/4 of my HP shave by a single barrage from a Fubuki guns.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Kagero here...even with 5.4 concealment it's really tough to play in, especially if there are cvs in the game

178 posts
2,306 battles

Kagero here...even with 5.4 concealment it's really tough to play in, especially if there are cvs in the game

CVs have always been a problem for DDs. But that aside, Kagero really got the short end of the stick here. Fletcher is out right better now. 

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

tier VII, IX and X IJN DD are still good, saw lots of great games from steams. aside from their torpedo they also got really good guns. slow turning and reload but the damage and shell velocity are better than RU and USN. enough to kite USN cruiser when engaging them. i remember getting my benson 1/4 of my HP shave by a single barrage from a Fubuki guns.

Hatsu bes gunboat

There's something magical about IJN 127mm's that make them score 2k damage on the decks of battleships per salvo. It's like having a tiny cruiser.

In any case, that means that even in DDs, IJN has excellent alpha strike damage.

1,124 posts

I have TA equip and...

fubuki is still good

her torpedo set up is well balance

8 km is way too short for a high tier battle so, her 12 km torp is best one

comfortable range, and safe form radar.

but... kagero, for me is now unplayble

stock torp 8 km, too close for tier 9

2nd torp 16 km, but 2.5 detection range and so slow... can't hit a damn thing

and f3 torp, superfast but 6.4 km range way tooooo close

either too far, or too close. no Goldilocks zone =w=

no balance in kagero torpedo if TA equip,

a skill player might still able to play her, but for 'normal' player, she quit unusable

Edited by PGM991

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Wasting time in ma Gearing and now forget about Shima-tan :3

Gearing is love :3

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

I was frustrated about the recent torpedo nerf. Agree that nerfing Japanese torpedo detection range was necessary but it was like forcing Japanese destroyer players to use the F3 torpedo. But for those who had trained "Torpedo Acceleration" on their Japanese destroyer captains now forced to play pretty much in a suicidal way. WG should give us an option of turning this skill off!

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

178 posts
2,306 battles

I was frustrated about the recent torpedo nerf. Agree that nerfing Japanese torpedo detection range was necessary but it was like forcing Japanese destroyer players to use the F3 torpedo. But for those who had trained "Torpedo Acceleration" on their Japanese destroyer captains now forced to play pretty much in a suicidal way. WG should give us an option of turning this skill off!

Yeah. Was pretty upset about that too.

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

well let's see, zao= insaine HE alpha damage+ chance of starting a fire+good concealment+good shell speed, and now there can be invisitorps cuz 10km torp>9.7 detection range, a little too OP lol

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,472 battles

Shimakaze is not an option anymore, Kagero was never an option in the first place.

Fubuki did improve in performance, but I was hoping for a gun buff.

You can`t hit a thing with that rediculous torp detection range.

I did try out the F3 and yes its a kill confirmed when you manage to get close.

But with seaplanes and radars around, you rarely get that chance to do so and giving up capping opportunity and sight for allies to get a good shot is not a wise move.

Seriously, where did the IJN torpedo boat 'national flavour' thing go?

Its more like a suicide attack boat.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I doubt they will do any buffs. They want to lower Shimakaze population. Seems to be working. 

Yes, i can see that working, but no longer enjoyable to play

They also dont compesate to those that already pick TA skill captain

Kagerou suffer the most from it, almost everyone rather play Fubuki than her

178 posts
2,306 battles

Personally I'm hoping for a slight turret and rof buff. And maybe give the torpedos some speed back. 

Edit: and maybe give us free resets.

Edited by TaikoTaiko

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Personally I'm hoping for a slight turret and rof buff. And maybe give the torpedos some speed back. 

SoonTM  (probably in 5.8, or 5.7 if we're lucky. Depending on the torpedo soup statistics)

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

yes TA is now a wasted skill in tier 9 and 10 IJN DDs so well done WG.

you bring in a new SKILL to improve the IJN DD and then you take it all away with the new torps for IJN DDs and try to force players into using them by giving them speed and harder to detect.

But make the longer range torps easier to detect lol.

yeah well done WG you just know how to run your game so well.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

SoonTM  (probably in 5.8, or 5.7 if we're lucky. Depending on the torpedo soup statistics)

Yeah that's the problem with WG they always look at statistics instead of feed back from players and just getting in there and playing the game then they would understand and see what needs changing and by how much they need to change things, As wilh all nerfs they always over nerf things.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Edit: and maybe give us free resets.

Yeah i'd like to see a buff on IJN DDs turret rotation and reload.. Playing Kagero on PT using all main battery mods and invisifiring helpless BB/CAs from 9km away is much more fun than relying heavily on torpedoes to do damage.. They need to stand a chance against proper gunboats too

1,105 posts
7,834 battles

Maybe its time to Introduce Akizuki Class DD or Super Akizuki Class to IJN

Since its main gun have good traverse with high rate of fire and have comparable performance to 5inch gun found on american

technicly speaking it overwhelm Gearing rate of fire - albeit slightly shorter range

So IJN DD not to reliant on Torpedoes anymore

its actualy surprising, the best IJN DD in the war and one of the most common class were not found in game

Sign in to follow this