Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Arthun

Alpha tester need verification?

76 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
15 posts
3,190 battles

I gotten an email that told me i am choosen as alpha tester but it need my IC to verify? Is that a scam or real? Does other Alpha testers also given them the particulars? What thing u give to WG for vertification?

[ANZUS]
[ANZUS]
Alpha Tester
15 posts
5,088 battles

I get the message it wants all my passport details and photo.. Too bad I don't hold a passport.That sounds like identity theft to me! If that is what it takes to be Alpha tester, NO THANKS!

WOW signup.png

Edited by Mick1966

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Such wasted slots, so wow.

I wonder what percentage of the people who got into the beta don't have passports.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

It's legit. Doesn't have to be a passport, as long as it's some sort of government issued photo ID e.g. driver's licence.

[ANZUS]
[ANZUS]
Alpha Tester
15 posts
5,088 battles

Still don't like the idea! Has to be better ways of doing it. Ever heard of identity theft? All those details + different photo and bingo! Such a shame... I was looking forward to this but sadly I'll have to wait now.

Alpha Tester
74 posts

Hi alpha testers

For people who does not hold a passport, please just write "no" in the "passport number" and "issuing authority". just fill todays date in the "date of issue"

Please upload any ID as driver license, student card who does include a photo of you.

Thanks

Alpha Tester
2 posts

Hi alpha testers

For people who does not hold a passport, please just write "no" in the "passport number" and "issuing authority". just fill todays date in the "date of issue"

Please upload any ID as driver license, student card who does include a photo of you.

Thanks

Thanks for clarifying

Alpha Tester
265 posts

To all tester , signing for a NDA is not as simple as you think . You are not signing for something useless so you can play , you are signing for a contract for an early access to an incomplete game .

In return for giving you access to this game , you are not allowed to leak any image or anything to other people who are not part of this as the game is not released to public meaning it is practically a company secret.

Leaking it is pretty much a criminal breach of trust , there is no way WG can just simply give access to anyone with out any clarification to who they are

Edit:

WG did state

"Private information may be requested from accepted testers during the registration process prior to testing, as well as a formal acknowledgement of the eNDA and its terms and conditions."

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/23/we-need-you-for-the-wows-alpha-test/

Alpha Tester
15 posts
3,039 battles

Hey there, thanks for the invite and I'm looking forward to playing with it however just thought to point out when I was trying to do the Passport Number as 'no' it refused to do it. Even though I thought it was odd, so I tried on other web browsers as well and failed.

However what I did do is in the Passport Number I typed in my drivers license and uploaded the picture with it and worked fine. As a point of feedback perhaps have a dropped down option for that to make it easier on the end-user. Thanks heaps though.

Edited by Satelerevan

[88AD]
Beta Tester
12 posts
4,068 battles

i dont have a passport but i have other ID proof. But the link in the Email has fields only for passport. What should I do ?

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

i dont have a passport but i have other ID proof. But the link in the Email has fields only for passport. What should I do ?

Hi alpha testers

Thanks

Substitute passport number for your ID's number. Issuing authority as anything you think is relevant (country, etc).

151 posts
33 battles

I used my Student ID for the number..

is that alright?

Yes, so long as it has a picture, as per WarAlex's reply.:glasses:

Hi alpha testers

Thanks

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
15 posts
3,190 battles

I thought straight away after verification, will have a link to DL? Still need to wait? WTH. It really feel like I am been scammed of my particulars

Alpha Tester
120 posts
72 battles

Yes, so long as it has a picture, as per WarAlex's reply.:glasses:

ok just confirming thanks w

it better have your picture one it as alex need to see your beautiful face

Fhat winzy that's what you'll see muwahahaha

Alpha Tester
265 posts

I thought straight away after verification, will have a link to DL? Still need to wait? WTH. It really feel like I am been scammed of my particulars

what if i tell you that your are not the only one who sent in their details

sheesh have more patience please

Edited by IJN_Nagato

Beta Tester
5 posts

On the topic of verification, is there a deadline of sending details?

The email just came in, and directed me to this [removed] so I would assume it is a legitimate one.

(edit: my bad, just wanted to completely be sure that it is legit)

Link removed. Do not post the link to the eNDA form!

~amade

Edited by MENTLEGEN

Alpha Tester
15 posts
3,039 battles

I have to admit this is one of the first time I had to do something like this through this process, but either way its a procedure that we would have to go through, either that and wait till the game comes out.

Sign in to follow this