Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

Destoryer can be citadeled now?

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

playing on Two Brothers map. having a last stand fight with my Tier VII kiev, a battleship and a cruiser allies. i watch all of the shot coming from enemy to evade them. specially the myouko HE is pretty devastating against a destroyer. i manage to evade all of the shot but one, this shell landed at the dead center of my ship and deal 3300 damage. that's the max damage of Myouko HE, i also hear that ringing sound effect whenever a ship got badly damage or citadel.

or HE can deal max damage now without landing citadel hits. can someone enlighten me?:ohmy:

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

dont u know..

USSR DD can be penned by 406-460mm AP shell without being overpenned?

yes penned for whole 33% AP damage each shell :3

It was HE though, and from a myouko 203MM guns.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

what about max damage HE shell?

so far i never got max damage roll on HE aside from shooting Carrier citadel.

Max damage can be seen on tier 4-5 IJN CV if you use DD or Cruiser and shot in the right spot

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Max damage can be seen on tier 4-5 IJN CV if you use DD or Cruiser and shot in the right spot

yeah i know that. i said before that i can only experience it when shooting Carrier citadel but i never experience having max damage roll on HE when shooting DD before.

that's why i'm surprise when i receive one on my tier VII russian DD.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

yeah i know that. i said before that i can only experience it when shooting Carrier citadel but i never experience having max damage roll on HE when shooting DD before.

that's why i'm surprise when i receive one on my tier VII russian DD.

Oh i forgot to mention about IJN DD

Yes they can be citadeled with medium caliber HE shells but mostly with detonate instead

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Oh i forgot to mention about IJN DD

Yes they can be citadeled with medium caliber HE shells but mostly with detonate instead

knowing this, i can do nothing but cry. :(

451 posts
6,946 battles

Dd have no citadel so u can't score that ribbon against them. The ringing sound needs to go...it's annoying af ttm

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Dd have no citadel so u can't score that ribbon against them. The ringing sound needs to go...it's annoying af ttm

nah, idc about the ribbon but its about max damage. iirc you can only score shell max damage when you hit citadel.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

AFAIK

DD dont have citadel

so scoring max damage to DD is impossible (except detonation :trollface:)

penning without overpenning is possible tough.

as for yansuki,

probably u didn't realize if there is more than 1 shell hitting u.

if u got replay enabled. u might as weel check the replay.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,360 battles

you don't need to have citadel area to r3eceive major damages from HR shells.

For IJN 203mm, 1 shot can do 1000 average damage.

Just killed a 10000 HP DD in my Atago in 1 Salvo.

Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

you don't need to have citadel area to r3eceive major damages from HR shells.

For IJN 203mm, 1 shot can do 1000 average damage.

Just killed a 10000 HP DD in my Atago in 1 Salvo.

yeah i remember doing that on my atago too. i was laughing and also crying at the time, fearing that it will happen to me when i play my benson. next time i play im benson i was totally worry of IJN CA.

probably u didn't realize if there is more than 1 shell hitting u.

if u got replay enabled. u might as weel check the replay.

nope i totally saw it. sadly my replay was off, because i'm saving HDD space.

p.s i hate that numbing sound effect. i heard it even though i'm only having fire damage.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,360 battles

nope i totally saw it. sadly my replay was off, because i'm saving HDD space.

Then you can turn it on now, 1 replay file only consume 2~3mb

Edited by R3negade

Super Tester
2,725 posts

As long as one section of your destroyer still has large remaining HP pool to be drained. That case is so rare, probably HE detonate inside or what.

783 posts
4,808 battles

I hear some AP shells pack around 40% of their damage due to both damaging as a normal pen and an overpen. (Reasoning behind was that it hit multiple sections of a ship in which both had different effects)

Maybe something close to that but with HE happened (hitting 3 sections of ship or something like a sweet spot to make the whole 100%)

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i feel like DD are under-powered right now. with those neft on torpedoes, SA and radars and even ap can smack you. specially those pesky planes that keep spotting you. with the buff on dive bomber they hit hard now against DD, dealing few thousand damage on a DD meager HP is really painful.

i love playing DD but right now, its really painful to play them. specially at higher tier.

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

While we're on this topic,destroyers also receive additional damage (I think 33%? can't be sure) when it gets struck by a torpedo in the center part of the ship.

Which is why sometimes you see yourself getting away with 50~20% hp from torpedoes and sometimes you die outright in a game where there is actually not much RNG to the damage you receive.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

While we're on this topic,destroyers also receive additional damage (I think 33%? can't be sure) when it gets struck by a torpedo in the center part of the ship.

Which is why sometimes you see yourself getting away with 50~20% hp from torpedoes and sometimes you die outright in a game where there is actually not much RNG to the damage you receive.

funny because i remember getting one shot even though i take it on the bow of my ship. i also remember having my Kiev took only 4k damage on her bow with a fubuki torpedo. maybe because the bow HP is already battered by HE from cruisers (i know this because it was explain to me before when i posted a stuff when my cruiser ship took 0 hp damage from a battleship AP multiple times on the same spot), (also Ichase explained it on his Shimakaze torpedo spam build).

but when i took a ship launch torpedo on a bow with a full HP DD i automatically sink. weird.

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

The closest things Destroyers have to a citadel is the magazines.

However Destroyers do have citadels modelled into the game

20ZQHo0.png

They just don't take citadel damage probably due to all the way in Closed weekend testing, Destroyers were getting evaporated in 1 or 2 good AP round hits. Especially from Battleships.

Sign in to follow this