Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wookielord

Ya gotta be kidding

12 comments in this topic

96 posts
3,809 battles

Just had a match in my tier 10 dd Russian.. Had 287 hits 12 fires 1 capture flag 1 badge and got paid 139,000 roughly. yet it still cost more to use than what i got in rewards?? I mean seriously this needs to change  just how much damage do i need to do to get a fair reward for my efforts?T he cost of high tier ships is borderline highway robbery.. Any opinions on this one i mean 287 hits?? come on guys....I would have thought at least 250,000 credits would be fair for that many hits.. cheers Aussie Ships are kool...

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

How much damage did you deal? You can get 287 hits but have all those shots bounce and cause 0 damage thus resulting in less then spectacular credit gains. 

Hopefully the testing they're doing on NA/RU with the 20% less repair cost might help this in the future.

96 posts
3,809 battles

How much damage did you deal? You can get 287 hits but have all those shots bounce and cause 0 damage thus resulting in less then spectacular credit gains. 

Hopefully the testing they're doing on NA/RU with the 20% less repair cost might help this in the future.

I understand why you make it tough in high tiers but come on guys that just kills any interest in playing any of ya high tiers ships . I play all my ships and i have 46 ships in my port..I might play 4 or 5 different ships most days.  BUT the cost in high tiers is just wrong because, it was allready expensive just to get to those tiers, and module cost are high too lets not forget .. It is just not fair to us that its just sooo high. Please guys please even this up a bit.. lookin forward to the 20% more and hope its enough to encourage us to play in the high tiers every now and then...cheers

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

As stated multiple times, this has been by design since World of Tanks. High tiers are deliberately made expensive to play for a number of reasons. There's a number of ways for you to finance your high tier ships

1. Play lower tiers, where its very easy to turn a profit. This keeps the lower tiers populated for newer players to join into the game, extending the lifespan of the game. For an example of what happens if this doesn't happen, check out Steel Ocean's lower and mid-tiers, or old MMORPGs with low/mid-level raid problems.

2. Play your high tiers VERY well. This stops players from screwing around in tier 10 when they don't need any more exp, ruining the game for other players (which was something we saw in early WoT)

3. Buy premium time/premium ships. This gets WG money for further development and to pay for their maintenance costs.

The game allows you to own multiple ships and has this system in place to prevent a top-heavy player population and ensures that no matter which tier a player is at, they're able to find PvP matches and progress regardless of when they joined the game.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I once did 250k~ damage 30-40 plane kill and 5 ship kills in my midway but we lost and I died(right after they nerfed CV income and exp, no prem), i still lost almost 100k~ creds rofl. That's WG bussiness model. If you don't want to play low tiers just to have the budget to run your high tiers, you better buy em prems and shiny ships and gimme ur $$$

Edited by Deicide

222 posts
3,269 battles

As stated multiple times, this has been by design since World of Tanks. High tiers are deliberately made expensive to play for a number of reasons. There's a number of ways for you to finance your high tier ships

1. Play lower tiers, where its very easy to turn a profit. This keeps the lower tiers populated for newer players to join into the game, extending the lifespan of the game. For an example of what happens if this doesn't happen, check out Steel Ocean's lower and mid-tiers, or old MMORPGs with low/mid-level raid problems.

2. Play your high tiers VERY well. This stops players from screwing around in tier 10 when they don't need any more exp, ruining the game for other players (which was something we saw in early WoT)

3. Buy premium time/premium ships. This gets WG money for further development and to pay for their maintenance costs.

The game allows you to own multiple ships and has this system in place to prevent a top-heavy player population and ensures that no matter which tier a player is at, they're able to find PvP matches and progress regardless of when they joined the game.

Tbh for number 1. Does matchmaking place me with similarly experienced players if i were to play in lower tiers? I don't like to sealclub newcomers.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Tbh for number 1. Does matchmaking place me with similarly experienced players if i were to play in lower tiers? I don't like to sealclub newcomers.

well they divide the MM for newcomer with normal MM

i dont really know the exact parameter

but i think its based on service record level..

for example (just guessing) :

ppl with service record 1-7 will get into newbie MM

ppl with service record 8-12 will get into normal MM

well.. in tier 5. any1 will likely to reach those level to enter normal MM.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

Just had a match in my tier 10 dd Russian.. Had 287 hits 12 fires 1 capture flag 1 badge and got paid 139,000 roughly. yet it still cost more to use than what i got in rewards?? I mean seriously this needs to change  just how much damage do i need to do to get a fair reward for my efforts?T he cost of high tier ships is borderline highway robbery.. Any opinions on this one i mean 287 hits?? come on guys....I would have thought at least 250,000 credits would be fair for that many hits.. cheers Aussie Ships are kool...

Well did you survive the match? Was it a victory? How much damage did your ship sustain in the course of the match?

These are all things that will affect your expenses in T10 and you don't tell us anything more than what you did in the match and expect people to get on your side.

Of course this is all beside the fact you've already been told T10 is deliberately expensive.

96 posts
3,809 battles

Well did you survive the match? Was it a victory? How much damage did your ship sustain in the course of the match?

These are all things that will affect your expenses in T10 and you don't tell us anything more than what you did in the match and expect people to get on your side.

Of course this is all beside the fact you've already been told T10 is deliberately expensive.

Just asked a question didnt realise i was taking sides, or asking for a side just opinion on what i thought could do with a little tweakin.....

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Just asked a question didnt realise i was taking sides, or asking for a side just opinion on what i thought could do with a little tweakin.....

We really can't give you precise feedback if you don't give us the information we need to help you. e.g All the stuff that Epicurus_ mentioned or simply providing us with screenshots of the 3 post battle results screens.

Sign in to follow this