Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WeiKiat

Hopeless matchmaking

22 comments in this topic

14 posts
4,524 battles

I am using New Orleans and i always meet tier X with over 2 yamato/montana

and my team always dont have a single Tier X BB, someone please teach me how to play -_-

It is like 70% of the match meet tier X,especially i am using stock ship.

WG should match all ship with same tier and not match tier 8 to a tier 10 battle for giving enemy extra XP

shot-16.05.18_17.26.22-0508.jpg

shot-16.05.18_17.25.55-0165.jpg

Edited by WeiKiat

590 posts
2,995 battles

I would like to point out that you are in a Tier 8, that's only two levels below and well within the match making bracket

Admittedly, you had t9's and not bad ones they had none and it was a similar story in the second match, overall, yes you got the short end of the stick in terms of Yamato fire power, but what made you loose was your team. 

450 posts
7,896 battles

the abnormal part was the second game, where all the tier 10 BB were is the same team. still better than having 3 DDs in your team but 5 in the other

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

6bhkOWw.jpg

Believe it or not, we won.

Cyclone at the 2nd minute of the game- The entire team dank-rushed through the gaps in the map like roaches coming from the woodwork.

I must admit that I died fairly early (Trying) to ram the enemy North Carolina with my Fuso. The CVs attempted to kill one-another and the enemy CAs couldn't survive 356mm's to the face. Enemy Bukis couldn't do anything to slow us down.

Ah, t'was glorious.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

normal, it's the times when u see a 3 man T10 div on the other side that you really knows that u are in deep shit, cuz the seal clubbers has come out to play and you are the seal

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Enemy triple Yamato div in the ocean map with no CVs while you're using a T8 that isn't fully upgraded.

Wat do?

hit'em hard

unless you are a BB

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

6bhkOWw.jpg

Believe it or not, we won.

Cyclone at the 2nd minute of the game- The entire team dank-rushed through the gaps in the map like roaches coming from the woodwork.

I must admit that I died fairly early (Trying) to ram the enemy North Carolina with my Fuso. The CVs attempted to kill one-another and the enemy CAs couldn't survive 356mm's to the face. Enemy Bukis couldn't do anything to slow us down.

Ah, t'was glorious.

I have noticed this a lot with lower tier BB winning over higher tier BB.

Ive been on both sides, where I'm in a tier 6 BB and other team has tier 8 BB, but yet the tier 6 BB win the battle. I've also been a tier 8 BB against tier 6 BB and the tier 6 BB have won lol

It does seem to happen a lot where the lower tier BB will get citadel hits on the tier 8 BB but yet the tier 8 BB cant get citadel hits on the tier 6 BB and this happens all the time.

ive believe that the game will give a RNG advantage to lower tier BBs when facing higher tier BBs in regards to citadel hits.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Ive been on both sides, where I'm in a tier 6 BB and other team has tier 8 BB, but yet the tier 6 BB win the battle. I've also been a tier 8 BB against tier 6 BB and the tier 6 BB have won lol

It does seem to happen a lot where the lower tier BB will get citadel hits on the tier 8 BB but yet the tier 8 BB cant get citadel hits on the tier 6 BB and this happens all the time.

ive believe that the game will give a RNG advantage to lower tier BBs when facing higher tier BBs in regards to citadel hits.

I'd like to inform you that during the match, I could not score a single citadel on the beached NC showing his broadside.

Before you ask, I was aiming below the chimneys with AP.

Also, are you aware that North Carolina's and Amagi's maximum armor are downgraded compared to their T7 counterparts? Don't blame RNG for everything.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

I'd like to inform you that during the match, I could not score a single citadel on the beached NC showing his broadside.

Before you ask, I was aiming below the chimneys with AP.

Also, are you aware that North Carolina's and Amagi's maximum armor are downgraded compared to their T7 counterparts? Don't blame RNG for everything.

I didn't say it happened every battle, I said I have seen it lots. Lots and every battle are 2 different things is it not?

and that's another thing I have noticed as well that beached ships don't seem to get citadel much either. Maybe its something WG put in the game to help those who do run a ground ?

But who knows

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I didn't say it happened every battle, I said I have seen it lots. Lots and every battle are 2 different things is it not?

and that's another thing I have noticed as well that beached ships don't seem to get citadel much either. Maybe its something WG put in the game to help those who do run a ground ?

But who knows

Please don't speculate, you're reminding me of conspiracy theorists.

Except with RNG, matchmaking and player competence.

Until it's proven, it's false. Why would WG give buffs to ships that beached themselves? It's a player's mistake.

71 posts
4,020 battles

I actually think wows has much better mm than wot. It is also much more enjoyable game. I found wot frustrating after a while - it just became all about winrate and people with 4000+ battles in their hellcat or hetzer dominating.

216 posts
2,239 battles

yep, had a game like that (me, killstealz, and eurobeat) in Warspites, and the enemy had tier 8 BBs, two derpitz and something else (not on same pc, can't pull print screen this moment). Wasn't easy, but due to focus fire we were able to colonize the enemy team with our tea powered BBs.

I actually think wows has much better mm than wot. It is also much more enjoyable game. I found wot frustrating after a while - it just became all about winrate and people with 4000+ battles in their hellcat or hetzer dominating.

This may be due to a smaller selection of ships on this game compared to WoT, and also WoWs Devs are actually actively balancing their game and ships, even if not for the best, but with time they will fix these issues and continue to move forward. Where as WoT Devs seem to have just become completely deaf to their customers and have no intention of investing any more time into a game that seems to have run it's course to them and let it just sit and gather as much money as it can with as little work done to it (at least that's how I view WoT now, shame).

Edited by Ryzil

590 posts
2,995 battles

Just a reminder to keep things about the original thread topic and to keep things civil

Cheers tc1259

Myself and another player were in warspite's, we had 1 t8, no t7's - they had 3 t8's (two amagi's one hipper) one 7 myoko and the reset were 6's and 5's. 

We annihilated the amagi with AP citadel hits, the hipper turned tail and ran as soon as it realised that it was the next target. 

Now we did end up loosing to a dd cap, but just because you may not have a t8 / t9 in a battle and they do, doesn't mean it's not balanced.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

I am using New Orleans and i always meet tier X with over 2 yamato/montana

and my team always dont have a single Tier X BB, someone please teach me how to play -_-

It is like 70% of the match meet tier X,especially i am using stock ship.

WG should match all ship with same tier and not match tier 8 to a tier 10 battle for giving enemy extra XP

Due to frequent lower number of players at high tiers,you will get up tiered to face T9 and 10 a lot by the MM to fill out games.I noticed this when I got the Admiral Hipper a few weeks ago.

It is in the tier range of the MM,just a pain when it happens a lot.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

shot-16.05.22_11.16.10-0459.jpgMM at its best 3 Yamato v 1 Yamato in domination mode lol what a way to control win rates hey

and no way we can win when my team is to scared to go any where near the caps as they know they will die so easily. because ships die more easily at high tiers than they do at lower tiers   

575 posts
5,354 battles

I believe the biggest effect match making has when you see some like the OP and others posted is a psychological effect it has on the players facing kinda of set up. They see it and immediately doubt any chance to win. Consequently, they may or may not play to their full potential, just go through the motions. That's why I turned off XVM in WoT. If I was on a team full of reds and facing team made up of purples, blues, and greens, it soured my perspective instantly. WG really needs to fix MM so that the balance of tiers is mirrored and not have such a disparaging of forces that pops up like this. They do it for CVs, they need to do it for the remaining ship classes.

61 posts
2,625 battles

But who knows

yet in training room also, even with enemy bot disabled and just floating, try to get a citadel on point blank range (300 m) -

U ll be surprised about the lack of those...

Sign in to follow this