You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MiuYarai_

World Of Warships download help?

9 comments in this topic

4 posts
2,762 battles

Hello. (Kind of) new player here. Well not really new been playing since open BETA days but new here on the forum. The thing is I need some help with downloading WoWs. The internet connections here in my country (India) are significantly poor with max bandwidths of 10mbps(?) I think. But it can't be afforded by everyone (like me) since they are way too costly. The minimum which can be afforded by me is with a max bandwidth of 512kbps. Before, I used to play WoWs from a gaming cafe here where I downloaded the game and started playing and now seems like I started a trend in that cafe now that almost all of the users love playing that game now and its downloaded in every PC since when I started playing (10 pcs) [its basically a CSGO and Dota2 lan play cafe xD]. That cafe has a max bandwidth of 7mbps and I downloaded the game there in 4 days time with a combined 15 hours.
Now I have a decent enough pc for myself in my home to run WoWs in lowest settings I guess but the internet speed affordable by me is 512kbps max which is I am currently using. That cafe doesn't allows games to be taken from them (No CD/DvD drive and USB points are plugged OFF) even if one insists on paying some money for it. I am having really slow speeds in downloading WoWs at 60kbps max and thats not even constant. It drops to 8-13kbps and even lower sometimes but never jumps above 60kbps. Almost 1.5 months passed now and I have only downloaded 51% with 4-6hours of downloading everyday (Image included).
Is there any way to increase the download speeds in WoWs client? Even if to something like 150 or 200kbps? I tried both Update Seeding as "On" and "Off" but seems to give me no change whatsoever.
Help me out please if there is a way! :(
Thanks! :D

NOTE : Also posted in New Comers section at first (should have been posted here first hand?)!

EDIT : "New comers" post locked and I have been given proper instructions. Thanks admins!

Edited by MiuYarai_

563 posts
4,686 battles

Wow, you sir, is one patient player. Well after you finished downloading the game client. I don't think you will get a good ping rate with 60kbps max connection. I used 4G mobile hotspot with around 5mbps download speed, no problem with ping. But well, this game needs at least 1mbps to get maximum gaming experience, below that.. Expect some lag.

4 posts
2,762 battles

Wow, you sir, is one patient player. Well after you finished downloading the game client. I don't think you will get a good ping rate with 60kbps max connection. I used 4G mobile hotspot with around 5mbps download speed, no problem with ping. But well, this game needs at least 1mbps to get maximum gaming experience, below that.. Expect some lag.

I don't care about lags (I play cs 1.6 online at 100-150ms). Maybe will be around 200ms or so if I am able to play WoWs from my home. But that's ok since I am a dd player basically and rarely use bigger ships. But to check that I need to download the game first which is getting me really annoyed now since download is slow hence the request if anybody got any workarounds. People download the whole game within 15-30minutes and here I am stuck at 50% even after more than a month! *sighs*

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

for downloading problem, i suggest you try to find player who live in same country as you, and willing to send you a dvd with the WoWs installer.

but for Ping, are you sure you want to play with high ping and lag? because i believe the game will be annoying to play if you cant aim it right....

4 posts
2,762 battles

for downloading problem, i suggest you try to find player who live in same country as you, and willing to send you a dvd with the WoWs installer.

but for Ping, are you sure you want to play with high ping and lag? because i believe the game will be annoying to play if you cant aim it right....

For torpedo aiming I guess its not big of a deal. Also my rig is very very nominal and minimalist with the money that I could afford spending for it. I am downloading the game right but still not sure if it will run right. I get around 40-60fps in CS1.6 so.. but fingers crossed, if it does works then all well and good even if its 200ms ping. But if its above 200ms then prolly I will delete the game from pc (will keep in mind to copy the whole files to some pen-drive for future use).
Edited by MiuYarai_

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

then i really really hope you can get the game form others ..and can play the game ..  and maybe someday we can sail on the same sea... 

i will send to you if we live in same country, but i am from Indonesia....

563 posts
4,686 battles

then i really really hope you can get the game form others ..and can play the game ..  and maybe someday we can sail on the same sea... 

i will send to you if we live in same country, but i am from Indonesia....

Nice to know some fellow Indonesian captain here

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Nice to know some fellow Indonesian captain here

There is a lot Indonesian Captain here.....

some already got CE so they can Ninja vanish.....