yobbo1972

im amazed (not really)

104 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yes the game it self and the players in general.

I can not believe how bad the players really are in this game

They have no idea or clue how to play and this is at all levels and all tiers.

They have no idea about the caps, no idea about the time limit on each battle, no idea how to use the ships they got, no idea how to use the aircraft they got, no idea about tactics, no idea about team work, no idea what is most important to lest important, and mostly no idea how to win a battle.

The main problem and reason for all the bad players is WG. Why WG you ask because they have done nothing to teach the  players how to play the game.

Yeah sure they got YouTube videos and forums and other stuff a player can read or watch etc, but 70-80% of the players don't do this as most don't have the time, or want to spend the time, reading and watching videos, as most just want to play as they don't have time, once they get home from school or work etc

So the standard of player being so bad is WG fault, and until they put training levels in the game that players have to complete at different tiers, players are always going to be bad.

players should need to pass different training battles, starting before they even get to play tier 1, then they need to complete another level of training before they get to tier 4 and then another level of training before they are allowed to play tier 8 and above.

Now the required level of skill from tiers 8 and above is one massive step up from tiers 7  and to be honest 70% of players don't have the skill level required to play at tier 8 above because WG have chosen to make the higher tiers one big massive leap in required skill to be able to play compared to other tiers.

Even at tier 10 you still see players who don't know how to point the bow of their ship at the enemy to lesson the citadel chance. you still see players sail in a straight line and not change direction or change speed. you still see players who don't know how to use the concealment on the DD or players who don't use the islands as cover or players who just sail in open water thinking they wont get hit or players who continue to run away from battles, and wonder why they loose all the time.

I still see players who try to turn away from torpedo planes or torpedos in the water and not towards them ( not that it matters at high tiers anyways as most ships turn like bricks in mud).

so WG needs to put in the game training tiers that plays must past to be able to get to the next level of the game.

And no it wont affect the bottom line, or the money they make, cuz a better standard of play will mean more players will stay and play the game, even tho the game is rigged anyways with the 40/20/40% and the fact its way over controlled with RNG and matchmaker coming up with one sided battles all the time.

This is the reason why I haven't bought the 2 new premium ships even tho they are cheap because the standard  of player is so so so bad and yeah I'm so tempted just to play the mid tiers because as a player I can make a difference until RNG and matchmaker screws me over as well.

Playing at mid tiers I wont have to worry about buying premium time either or spending any money on the game.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Training for moving up a tier?

It'll never happen, simply because that will prevent sales of high tier prem ships.

How would you like to go and buy something, then be told " You can't buy this, because you haven't passed the tests."

That is one sure way to lower sales. And discourage players.

However, I do agree that some sort of tutorial would beneficial.

Edited by AntifoulAwl

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

You want a game to babysit its players in of all things a PvP game? PvP is all about punishing people for their mistakes as well as taking advantage of what capabilities they have and how they process the information given/shown to them.

They have all the information they need- Let them figure out 1 + 1 rather than holding a cardboard sign that says "2" right in front of them.

It's a guy's own fault if he fires torpedoes at an enemy 10km away when the highly-visible stat screen in the port would otherwise indicate "Maximum Range: 4km". It's the guy's fault if he flies all his planes next to a Cleveland with the hope of sinking the ship next to it.

But I digress, they're probably casuals playing for fun, not the tryhard "I want to maintain my high stat record" fellow who plays solely for self-satisfaction.

149 posts

Truth is when a player sucks at a particular class of ship they have to try pve.for example I am bad at cv and bb gameplay.hence I always take my zuiho into pve and improve.so that I don't ruin others gameplay.

P.s I still suck with my zuiho

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

You want a game to babysit its players in of all things a PvP game? PvP is all about punishing people for their mistakes as well as taking advantage of what capabilities they have and how they process the information given/shown to them.

They have all the information they need- Let them figure out 1 + 1 rather than holding a cardboard sign that says "2" right in front of them.

It's a guy's own fault if he fires torpedoes at an enemy 10km away when the highly-visible stat screen in the port would otherwise indicate "Maximum Range: 4km". It's the guy's fault if he flies all his planes next to a Cleveland with the hope of sinking the ship next to it.

But I digress, they're probably casuals playing for fun, not the tryhard "I want to maintain my high stat record" fellow who plays solely for self-satisfaction.

well your reply is not a surprise at all and was expected and is a typical response.

but I'm not talking about me or my win rates or anything like that. I'm talking about the game being better and more fun to play because as it is now is a very frustration game.

its got nothing to do with baby sitting players in a PVP battle at all and every player deserves the right to become better players and not get smashed buy good players who don't care about anyone else other than themselves and their own win rates.

I actually care about the other player and I hate seeing players with no idea playing at high tiers with no clue how to play and other good players taking advantage of them being bad.

Don't forget bad players are always going to be put on your team as well. and with the help of RNG you will also loose.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Truth is when a player sucks at a particular class of ship they have to try pve.for example I am bad at cv and bb gameplay.hence I always take my zuiho into pve and improve.so that I don't ruin others gameplay.

P.s I still suck with my zuiho

Kudos to you for your attitude, just wish other CV players were of the same mindset. I just stopped playing them altogether when I realised I sucked in them.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

Players are bad. And they enjoy being bad.

Forcing them to be good will make them leave. This makes WG lose income.

Why would WG, a profitable business, make a decision to have them lose income?

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

The main problem and reason for all the bad players is WG player's attitude and understanding of the situation as a whole, not limited to player's skill. Why WG you ask because they have done nothing but posting rants that does not contribute to solving the said problem with proper methods without losing the gamers/customers satisfaction, instead promoting more opportunities for profanity and personal attacks.

fixed

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I am half-tempted to dissect the discrepancies in the original post.

Player skill is not an obligation on the developer's part.

Player skill is something that is accumulated from the player's experience with the game.

There are literally dozens of guides for them to read/watch if they wanted to be better.

I find it silly that you're pointing fingers at WG rather than the playerbase for being bad.

Then again, this clearly looks like another rant- But if you do want to add more tutorials in-game, there's a suggestions forum that you can post on.

334 posts
12,993 battles

He has a bit of a point though I think they could be more pro active in showing players how things work especially CV's. I still can't work out how to accurately do manual drops or strafing runs .... in fact didn't even know you could do that for the first 5 to 10 games. Didn't matter in the end I suck at CV's gave up on them. And yes I watched video's and read tutorial's. I think the biggest problem is you have casual players just want to blow stuff up and those who want to genuinely excel at the game being thrown in the mix together. I thought team battles was supposed to help with that.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

You have a point but you turn it the wrong way. Do you really think forcing players through a tutorial would make them better? WG indeed has a massive role to play in your problem since they designed the gameplay. Sadly, they didn't design World of Warship to be a competitive game with MMR-like system to filter player skills nor do they possibly envision this game to enter the big pro e-sport arena, they designed it to be noob-friendly and as attractive as possible to ship [redacted] and sell something they can [redacted] and make some $$$$. ~It's all about the $ $ $, It's all about the $ $ $~:bajan:

Inappropriate remarks. Post edited, user warned.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

42 posts
2,352 battles

Waow.. You get bad players often? Hehehe because I feel every time I play, everyone knows what they're doing and they manage to knock the shiz out of me.. I seem to always play with enemy players that ARE skilled and utilize their capabilities and surroundings to their advantage and just completely annihilate me and my team. Can I play with your bad players? Hahaha Kinda annoyed how everyone is better than me :trollface:

Sorry if this wasn't really related to the topic. Just wanted to share my experience :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Oh the plus side,how many times have you gone "heheh thats right genericenenemycruiser#5,continue sailing broadside course 10 km away from my battleship" before scoring those wunderbar multi-critadel hits?

Having more better players also means you'd face them more often and it can be stressful if he has the capability and know how to deal with your ship.

Though I admit it is a tad frustrating when your team is so terrible you can't force a win even if you're playing well.

m1cQRXz.jpg

753 posts
8,965 battles

Though I admit it is a tad frustrating when your team is so terrible you can't force a win even if you're playing well.

Tell me about it, at least 6 times today I have doubled the rest of my teams score (3 of those times dying early yet still managed the best score) and 4 times I have matched the top player from the winning team.

No matter how much coaching/coordination you try to do, you still get 4 idiots off chasing a CV kill while the enemy keeps recapping what you have capped, you'll still get lemming trains, players rushing forward without support, players in a group of 4 running at the sight of a lone enemy (yes looking at you tier 7 and above) and the list is endless.

Considering all this and the dynamics of the game, if you can keep your win rate above 50% you are doing well.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

I  can completely agree with you there....(

UmGoANB.png

Almost makes it worse that I was in an Atlanta too......

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Players are bad. And they enjoy being bad.

Forcing them to be good will make them leave. This makes WG lose income.

Why would WG, a profitable business, make a decision to have them lose income?

why would they lose income?

if anything they lose income because players stop playing the game because of all the bad players. (also because of RNG and matchmaker controlling the game)

As I said im not buying the 2 new ships or going to buy any premium time because of the state of the game.

so they are already losing money from me not buying any premium ships or premium time.

also all you players on here that have signed your little bit of paper to become super testers etc and mods etc are always going to put other players down for saying anything bad about the game etc because going against WG or saying bad things about them can end up in court under the NDA or what ever it is called that you all sign.

Ive not seen one mod or super tester say anything bad about the game EVER .

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

I am half-tempted to dissect the discrepancies in the original post.

Player skill is not an obligation on the developer's part.

Player skill is something that is accumulated from the player's experience with the game.

There are literally dozens of guides for them to read/watch if they wanted to be better.

I find it silly that you're pointing fingers at WG rather than the playerbase for being bad.

Then again, this clearly looks like another rant- But if you do want to add more tutorials in-game, there's a suggestions forum that you can post on.

most players who play don't have the time to read forums or watch videos, thus wont improve.

If you add it to the game then they will have a higher chance to improve, most people learn by watching and doing, not just by reading, making players do the training will not only help the players, but will help the game and help WG with extra moneys coming in from happy players not frustrated players.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

He has a bit of a point though I think they could be more pro active in showing players how things work especially CV's. I still can't work out how to accurately do manual drops or strafing runs .... in fact didn't even know you could do that for the first 5 to 10 games. Didn't matter in the end I suck at CV's gave up on them. And yes I watched video's and read tutorial's. I think the biggest problem is you have casual players just want to blow stuff up and those who want to genuinely excel at the game being thrown in the mix together. I thought team battles was supposed to help with that.

yes that is half the problem as most players don't know what does what etc

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

also all you players on here that have signed your little bit of paper to become super testers etc and mods etc are always going to put other players down for saying anything bad about the game etc because going against WG or saying bad things about them can end up in court under the NDA or what ever it is called that you all sign.

Well..heres one.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/15060-issues-with-high-tier-battles/

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

why would they lose income?

if anything they lose income because players stop playing the game because of all the bad players. (also because of RNG and matchmaker controlling the game)

As I said im not buying the 2 new ships or going to buy any premium time because of the state of the game.

so they are already losing money from me not buying any premium ships or premium time.

Because bad players are more inclined to buy a "premium status" to make themselves feel better more than good players.

There are more bad players throwing money at WG than there are good players buying what they need from WG.

Also they dont totally lose income if you keep playing. Eventually you will cave in and buy something.

As long as you play, they still have something to gain from you. If you totally quit, then they dont.

Oh no you gave him evidence. Now he will pull another excuse.

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

You have a point but you turn it the wrong way. Do you really think forcing players through a tutorial would make them better? WG indeed has a massive role to play in your problem since they designed the gameplay. Sadly, they didn't design World of Warship to be a competitive game with MMR-like system to filter player skills nor do they possibly envision this game to enter the big pro e-sport arena, they designed it to be noob-friendly and as attractive as possible to ship [redacted] and sell something they can [redacted] and make some $$$$. ~It's all about the $ $ $, It's all about the $ $ $~:bajan:

Inappropriate remarks. Post edited, user warned.

~Syanda

yes its all about the money.

But if they make a game players enjoy playing and is competitive and balanced battles, then more players will enjoy the game and more players will spend money.

As it is a lot of players will sit in the mid tiers and not spend a $ on the game, until WG change the amount of silver and XP players receive by reducing it, like they did with WOT and then drive players away.

[AMPOL]
11 posts
3,737 battles

I think WoW mirrors actual naval and other warfare.

Many victories were won due to the other side's poor decisions, choices, skill and equipment levels.  

You can force feed players tutorials and even passing tests to reach higher tiers is not necessarily going to make those players play 'good' afterwards.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

Tell me. If ALL players enjoy playing. And all games are "competitive and balanced" (those 2 don't mix), what would players buy to satisfy what they dont need?

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Oh the plus side,how many times have you gone "heheh thats right genericenenemycruiser#5,continue sailing broadside course 10 km away from my battleship" before scoring those wunderbar multi-critadel hits?

Having more better players also means you'd face them more often and it can be stressful if he has the capability and know how to deal with your ship.

m1cQRXz.jpg

well the reason why you 2 lost this battle was because Matchmaker decided its time for you to loose and with the help of RNG. The maker of the game wants to have some control over your win rates.

This is why there will never be players with 80-90+% win rates as we all know WG wants it controlled between 40-60% but yes those who always div up will mostly have higher win rates but only in the 60-70% range, if they are good players and know how to play.

RNG and matchmaker controls the game more than anyone will know and more than WG will ever tell anyone as well.

[AMPOL]
11 posts
3,737 battles

If all games were "competitive and balanced" how would "seal clubbing" higher level players generate credits to maintain their tier 8+ ships.