You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ThomChen114

Loading....until tomorrow

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1 post
919 battles

I've noticed that everytime I start a session the first two, and even three games, it takes a ridiculous amount of time before I am loaded into battle. Its just me alt + Tab-ing as I wait for that godforsaken blue bar to fill up and for the spinning icon to taunt me as it spins for an eternity.

By then its far too late and ships are dying left and right, and im bound to get reported for being a bot.

Aside from this the port ships also takes forever to load, which I should take as an indicator of when its safe to join another match, but its absurd to have to wait that long.

It may be a problem on my side, but this has only been happening after the recent patch. I'll probably just go waste my time and ship dailys in Co-Op until the client has fully woken loaded 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

is doing a fresh instal of the games and the Windows can be done? because i know some people really hate to reinstal their OS.

1,484 posts

I've noticed that everytime I start a session the first two, and even three games, it takes a ridiculous amount of time before I am loaded into battle. Its just me alt + Tab-ing as I wait for that godforsaken blue bar to fill up and for the spinning icon to taunt me as it spins for an eternity.

By then its far too late and ships are dying left and right, and im bound to get reported for being a bot.

Aside from this the port ships also takes forever to load, which I should take as an indicator of when its safe to join another match, but its absurd to have to wait that long.

It may be a problem on my side, but this has only been happening after the recent patch. I'll probably just go waste my time and ship dailys in Co-Op until the client has fully woken loaded 

greetings

This happens to me all the time too, & yes i know everyone ALWAYS SAYS " oh its not the game, the problem MUST be your computer, mine loads fast etc etc...

I play at an internet cafe, & due to the range of games they play, you can know that their computers are not crap..... the game itself loads quick, but trying to load INTO A BATTLE takes a miniumum 2 minutes!!!! usually i am being attacked, or sunk by the time i arrive, or the team is half dead, & it doesnt matter which ship or map i play, the result is the same, always the last to load...

i got the cafe to reinstall, defrag, change computers & drives, etc... ive dumbed down all the graphics settings to medium or low, stopped animated objects & twiddled the video card settings... TO NO AVAIL

the game was very fast before 0.5.5, on these very same computers at the cafe,  but since then... nup

Ordrazz

10 posts
15,574 battles

I wish any devs / moderator react for our suffer asap... I'm also already posted this problem on the other thread >> http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/14759-after-055-stuck-loading-screen-for-10mins/ (with screenshot include)

Maybe i should make my own thread? Because i posted on other one. It's just all of us suffer the same problem.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

tried it on 7different cafes, same 5+min load. oh and the occasional crashes to top it off. never occured before 055. hope theyll notice this

i wonder if they all use same ISP

[REACH]
Beta Tester
47 posts

What GPU are they using?

The one I'm playing at has GTX 970 with 8GB ram and i3 procs. Speed is great. Played since they put in WoWs and this only happens for a short time whenever a major patch is released. This time, 5 min loading like the rest and after for 2 hours of gaming, it'll become worse by loading 10 min after the battle.
Edited by k2m2_01

81 posts
2,934 battles

Any solutions? customer support doesnt helped at all,i want my premium time back. this is probably the most disappointing (and ironic) patch in my entire gaming experience

1,484 posts

Greetings

I have a SOLUTION to all of our woes!!!!!

I have to sincerely thank ROB, the manager of GUF Ballarat gaming cafe, for all of his tireless researching (with me & others NAGGING), to root out the actual problem, & to find the answer..

he found this website, & in it it has a mod that compresses the textures for the computer to load, because thats where the problem is....

what was needed, was to have the texture files in the game itself compressed, so the game would load a lot quicker.

so he went to this website after extensive searching, & found out about this mod that would speed it up (like the loading was BEFORE 0.5.5)

so he tried 12.5 compression, which was super fast but horrible graphics, 25% compression & it was good, fast load, probably best for lower quality computers, we have just finished trials on 50% compression & the graphics are clear, excellent quality & still loads into the map with 5 - 20 seconds BEFORE the game starts, EVEN WITH MY CARRIERS & BIGGEST BATTLESHIPS, & EVEN IN TIER 10 GAMES !!!

the only graphics problems i have seen  is that some patches of the sea & some islands on some maps have dark squares on them, looking a bit like a patchwork quilt or rolling farm fields, but hey, i dont care about that, i play the ships.., & the islands i can only see patches from my planes in my CVs

he has migrated it to the rest of his computers & it works perfectly, so NO MORE GETTING BLOWN UP BEFORE I PLAY, NO MORE SITTING THERE WATCHING THE LITTLE WHEEL LOAD & LOAD & LOAD, NO MORE BEING CALLED A BOT OR AFK !!!

here is the link to download the mod, the page is in english, follow the instructions that are there, & then you can once again play instead of watching everyone else play...

http://www.modsworldofwarships.com/0-5-5-2-compressed-textures-wows-slow-computers-computers-without-ssd/

hopefully as the game updates, then the website will update too......

the download could be large, depending on the compression percentage wanted, could be up to 2 gig i suppose

hopefully WG will fix this issue similarly in updates, so the compression will be good again for older computers....

I just hope also that this mod would not be classed as a bad mod.... because it actually lets us enjoy the game, instead of watching all our premium time or ships go to waste

i cannot speak for any other mods on this site, because apart from flag mods (to show the correct historical flags), i do not use mods, so whether they would be allowed i cannot say....

anyway, hopefully this will help other frustrated players like me, be able to once again play ALL the ships without waiting a decade for the map to load....

Cheers

Ordrazz

(Special thanks to ROB, from GUF gaming cafe, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia for a dedicated search into the quest of being able to defeat this peristent problem)

10 posts
15,574 battles

^ Thx for sharing! Will try it on my LAN-Shop, hope it worked too in here...

And hope WG Fix it asap for this annoying problem

Edited by Spectral_zombay

10 posts
15,574 battles

Ugh... Seems the mod not working to my shop (or i put it on wrong folder ?? Put in res_mods and still 10 minutes loading time)

I really wish WG fix this bug.... Already 1 month can't play with friend....

Should i make new thread for this...?

1,484 posts

Greetings

I think it needs to go into res_mods IN THE CURRENT VERSION NUMBER  (eg. 0.5.6/res_mods) that is where Rob the manager said he put it.... it still works for the current patch number, although the brand new maps like neighbors or esturary do not load quickly because they came out in thr last update. ?

On the website the mod is on does it not have instructions on where & how to use it... I will have to look myself ?

So the mod is still loading the games here fast except for the new maps.... so I will see everyone in my nikolai

Ordrazz

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

If you don't want to really really to give your or your fav cafe's Computer Spec (trust me high spec OLD comp, wont even fresh for long if used repeatedly for years), then we can't help you both from forum member or even the dev, since the problem seems in minority number since 5.6

but i think it will still be looked upon by dev regardless the reason above but i also think it will take a while

and the "Graphic Degradation" mod is old, i mean very old, it may work or not at all and make things worse

227 posts
2,651 battles

If you don't want to really really to give your or your fav cafe's Computer Spec (trust me high spec OLD comp, wont even fresh for long if used repeatedly for years), then we can't help you both from forum member or even the dev, since the problem seems in minority number since 5.6

but i think it will still be looked upon by dev regardless the reason above but i also think it will take a while

and the "Graphic Degradation" mod is old, i mean very old, it may work or not at all and make things worse

Yet, in our country - Vietnam, they use bootrom for most Netcafe, so local PCs don't have any HDD in it, all is loaded from a server with SSDs. Some bootrom and management softwares (cache or whatever it called) usually do the interity test on file put on their SSD and before EACH read on the file, the test run and then the file is cached. Bigger file the longer check run. That's the problem for most Netcafe.

As a PC user with 5 year old HDD, old PC isn't really a problem here, just HDD thing.

1 post
501 battles

I also experience this issue. My game loads like 90 seconds before game starts which in before, loading times finishes before the game starts like I could see some 20 second countdown while waiting for others. This has happened after the major patch. Btw, I'm using ccboot (diskless solutions). I've played it before then casually stops and comes back so I just noticed this issue this week. Thanks and cheers. owo

I've attached my client pc's diagnostics.

Attached File  DxDiag.txt   22.99K

DxDiag.txt