Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

can we add a map veto option in random battle?

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

don't you hate it when you are playing a specific ship e.g you are playing atlanta and you pick map like ocean?

my suggestion is its only allow you to veto only a single map out of other map in rotation to avoid frustration when you randomly pick a map that you hate when you are grinding.

instead of totally removing a map from rotation i think more simple to add a veto option to satisfy player who specifically hate certain map when they play a certain ship.

i used to hate two brothers map because of lemmings on only like to go where more ship go and idiots or trolls who only suicide but now i learn to love it. but still i really hate that ocean map when playing as cruisers. but i like it when i play bb because enemy cruisers have no way to hide :trollface:.

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Yes yes yes.

You could argue that a few maps wouldn't get played that way but those are the less popular maps and if you find yourself on the same map too much you could un-tick the box for the map and experience the other maps.

Its a win-win deal aside from maybe getting some stat-padders who only play a certain map where they'd have an advantage though.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

No. Rotating maps is part of game balance.

But I would suggest limiting battle tier for the Ocean map since the COMMUNITY (flood) suggested, assuming the community's common highest is tier 7.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

>game balance

how can you say game balance when the map clearly favors battleship or higher tier cruiser with longer range. smaller vessels or lower tier ship have no hiding places set up ambush against them or close the gap, even retreating is harder on this map because you have no where to hide. all you can do is dance around until you get concealed but if there's a dd around faster than you ship looking at you then you have no chance on getting away at all.

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

>game balance

how can you say game balance when the map clearly favors battleship or higher tier cruiser with longer range. smaller vessels or lower tier ship have no hiding places set up ambush against them or close the gap, even retreating is harder on this map because you have no where to hide. all you can do is dance around until you get concealed but if there's a dd around faster than you ship looking at you then you have no chance on getting away at all.

Learn positioning, maybe?

Super Tester
2,725 posts

all you can do is dance around until you get concealed but if there's a dd around faster than you ship looking at you then you have no chance on getting away at all.

Like you said being a low tier cruiser of higher tier battle, you're in the disadvantage without longer gun range & with enemy destroyer spotting you. As lowest tier of certain higher battle tier, nobody asked you to do frontline then die while doing everything like what the higher tier of the respective battle did.

So far you already identified your problems of your concern, how do you resolve it? You already mentioned [1] proposing map veto, if that doesn't get implemented then what else can you do to resolve while you wait? Forever state you're in disadvantage?

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Like you said being a low tier cruiser of higher tier battle, you're in the disadvantage without longer gun range & with enemy destroyer spotting you. As lowest tier of certain higher battle tier, nobody asked you to do frontline then die while doing everything like what the higher tier of the respective battle did.

So far you already identified your problems of your concern, how do you resolve it? You already mentioned [1] proposing map veto, if that doesn't get implemented then what else can you do to resolve while you wait? Forever state you're in disadvantage?

Have you seen Pensacola's on Ocean in tier 8/9 games?

'tis a tragic sight.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Have you seen Pensacola's on Ocean in tier 8/9 games?

'tis a tragic sight.

Not seen. I experienced it in Pensacola, quite hellish than tragic.

What's tragic is your fellow destroyers died early capping the base in Ocean domination map. :sceptic:

Sign in to follow this