Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Brownpants

Should you let yourself die?

15 comments in this topic

64 posts
6,454 battles

I was torped by a 'friendly' dd spaming out torps from the back row in a game I just finished. I survived, but I had a choice of stopping the flooding or not. (It was near the end of the battle and there were no other enemies I could attack and I was too far away  from their cap to get there. In short, my death would not have effected our side.) I was tempted to just let myself die to punish the dd driver for his careless disregard of the other players. I didn't, but as I moved on I watched them spamming out torps at the last enemy on the far side of the map apparently not caring that there was no way his torps wouldn't get even 1/5 of the way there. Thoughts.

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Yes.

He won't be penalised severely unless he does it often enough and if he continues to do it often enough he will have to take a mandatory break from torpedo spam.

Same case with bot reports.

753 posts
8,965 battles

In this scenario yes, but if was mid battle and the game was in the balance then no. The amount of idiots in DD's and cruisers that either shoot torpedoes with total disregard of friendlies around them or shoot when totally out of range or both still astounds me. 

892 posts
7,853 battles

This is a question I've often time, asked myself too. Thus far, I've not had the luxury of sinking from friendly fire because the team needed all hands on deck. If ever my sinking would not impact the outcome of the battle, yes, I would (allow self to sink) so that the indiscriminate torper can be pinked.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

i thought that that player will be Pink anyway... the TK system now count damage not just killing right? so if she manage to damage a fellow teammates to certain amount, she will be consider as a team killer. CMIIW

64 posts
6,454 battles

I let the suspect of the attempted TK to pay some of my repair bills.

I don't think it was an attempted tk. I just think they are really stupid/ignorant about what they were doing. Like I said they tried to torpedo the last enemy way out of their range later. They were trying to torp an enemy on the other side of me when they hit me. What stopped me from letting my self die, was that I'd feel like a griefer if I'd done it. That's why I'm asking for an outside opinion.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Alas this happens at low tier. Players are coming to terms with torps and not knowing their range.  More rare at high tiers. 

Wish players knew that the alt key displays the current range for your cursor. Red = out of range. White = in range. 

Chatted to a few t6 players that didn't even know the alt key did that. .....

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I let the suspect of the attempted TK to pay some of my repair bills.

I don't think it was an attempted tk. I just think they are really stupid/ignorant about what they were doing. Like I said they tried to torpedo the last enemy way out of their range later. They were trying to torp an enemy on the other side of me when they hit me. What stopped me from letting my self die, was that I'd feel like a griefer if I'd done it. That's why I'm asking for an outside opinion.

Yeah, if enough HP to fight back then use it. Situational anyways. Assuming ally randomly fire torp & you got hit then you expect enemy torpedo bomber & dive bomber, well.... it would be wrong timing if you use the repair the ally hit you.

359 posts
2,819 battles

i thought that that player will be Pink anyway... the TK system now count damage not just killing right? so if she manage to damage a fellow teammates to certain amount, she will be consider as a team killer. CMIIW

But a kill is gaurantee pink, regardless of damage

Sign in to follow this