Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TE_Moemiji_

Give Mogami Repair Party

23 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

The Mogami is just not fun to play at the moment and barely an improvement over her tier 7 aside from the detection value.

Her 203mm guns turn faster but reload slower, has an even lower AA rating than the tier 7, the torpedoes are loaded so far back you have to expose your massive citadel to use them and you have so much ship above water (due to being an amazingly top heavy design).

The Kutuzov needed help so it got a smoke screen (which is really strong wtf) and the Atago had problems with sub-par players so they gave her repair party so why stop there? Help Mogami become more fun to play.

tl;dr: I suck @ Mogami,pls buff Mogami because she is very sad ;(

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I haven't get her

but as far as i know about this ship

+ Slightly Better Turret Super Firing Position

+ Better Camouflage 

- Even more situational Torp Angle

- Less firepower due slower reload

- More or less the same gun as Atago and Myokou (clarification needed)

- Not preferable tier engagement (meet Yamato)

yes, I agree, at least give here repair ability or anything else for fire power

but 

The Kutuzov needed help so it got a smoke screen (which is really strong wtf) and the Atago had problems with sub-par players so they gave her repair party so why stop there? Help Mogami become more fun to play.

both of them that OP mention are Premium shisp with a good reason to be unique

Edited by Harpoon01

133 posts

New Orleans tho.

Feels much more frustrating to play than the Mogami.

And why not give repair party ability to all other T8CA

Edited by Kaminari1

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

New Orleans tho.

Feels much more frustrating to play than the Mogami.

And why not give repair party ability to all other T8CA

Having radar to flush out destroyers without going into the smokescreen sounds pretty cool tho.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i think all tier 8 cruisers need repair kit so they can negate some damage for fire by HE spamming cruisers or Destroyers. allows them to last longer. 2 should be enough.

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

all tier 9-10 CA got ONLY 2 charge of repair party :3

This...........only at tiers 9-10 can only have the repair party......no other tier 8's have it (except Atago, because, premium ship) 

:honoring:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The Atago. Its a Mogami. But better. 

Then what's the meaning with Premium ship is supposedly to be a slightly weaker counterpart with the same tier??

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Then what's the meaning with Premium ship is supposedly to be a slightly weaker counterpart with the same tier??

I think thats a WoT exclusive.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I think thats a WoT exclusive.

Well, remember when super pershing and Panther 8.8 cm are really good tanks?

they nerf them in response of P2W Opinion from public

dunno about WoWS though

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Well, remember when super pershing and Panther 8.8 cm are really good tanks?

they nerf them in response of P2W Opinion from public

dunno about WoWS though

SuPershing was already pretty bad when it first launched,I vividly remember de-bunking its armor profile and characteristics with a comrade when it first came out.

It was only stronk if you didn't have the precision to hit the weak points or didn't know where to shoot.

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

^ This....especially in the hands of pros like some of us :B

its just sad that lots of wallet warrior pwebs just roam around in tier 8 using Atago's.....its a disgrace to the ship :angry:

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

^ This....especially in the hands of pros like some of us :B

its just sad that lots of wallet warrior pwebs just roam around in tier 8 using Atago's.....its a disgrace to the ship :angry:

You should be thankful they are keeping the ship stats low so it got the buff and probably doesn't get nerfed.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Mogami is a mogami class. Atago is a Takao class. If u want to mention better mogami.. its ibuki. Ibuki is just mogami but better with more AA and upgraded tier. 

Mogami really should get a Repair party. Nothing wrong with that. So goes to New Orl and Hipper. 

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Though if I remember correctly, Ibuki's shells stay in the air longer (WHYYYYYY?!) than Mogami's which just zip through the air. And one reason why they didn't want to put Atago's historical AA suite is that she'd be really really solid since she's already that.

Though its a concept worth testing though: Chapayev, Mogami, Hipper and NO to be fitted with repair party and see what happens. Stupid as it may seem but it should be at least tried for the sake of knowing the result, crazy, impractical or just outright lulz.

Edited by EvyL

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,798 battles

Mogami is a mogami class. Atago is a Takao class. If u want to mention better mogami.. its ibuki. Ibuki is just mogami but better with more AA and upgraded tier. 

Mogami really should get a Repair party. Nothing wrong with that. So goes to New Orl and Hipper. 

You missed the point.

Both are tier 8s, but one is clearly superior to the other.

That was my point.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

You missed the point.

Both are tier 8s, but one is clearly superior to the other.

That was my point.

Oh. I kinda miss ur point. Sorry mate. But regarding the ibuki shell flight time. Im not sure since i passed on ibuki already. What i remember when using her is she have the same design as mogami and a big floating citadel with guns and engines. And more AAs. 

Mogami and ibuki user really need to ace in Angling as they might save ur life against Gunboats and CA. But if u met yamato. Yamato didnt recognize the word of "Angle" in her dictionary as her caliber can penetrate almost all armor.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Atago has the repair party because it really needs it. It has a pretty easy to hit citadel (for me at least, don't remember engaging an Atago in my BB or CA and killing it without hitting at least one cit) and it has a slow reload. The upgraded Mogami guns are the same ones as the Atago, Ibuki and Furutaka C hull. Their advantage over thr Myoko guns is faster turn speed but more reload time (16 seconds). I don't think it would be a good idea for the Mogami to get repair party as it already have rather a lot of HP (poor New Orleans tho) and for some reason, Myoko has more HP than Mogami and more than Ibuki. Mogami already have better armour than Atago (140mm vs 127mm) so I don't see why you will need a repair party consumable. Just get the Ibuki for repair part and 152mm citadel armour then wreck havoc with it. IJN cruisers require more understanding of armour angeling and you have to maneuver regularly to be able to avoid damage. Mogami has superior armour to New Orleans (140mm vs 127mm just like Atago) and VERY superior armour to Admiral Hipper (140mm vs 80mm lol) although the Hipper has better AP and more HP, meaning that a close brawl with it in Mogami would usually result in a loss, also the Hipper has a better torp arc. If you run into me in a USN cruiser and you are in a IJN cruiser you better run :P

450 posts
7,896 battles

Atago has the repair party because it really needs it. It has a pretty easy to hit citadel (for me at least, don't remember engaging an Atago in my BB or CA and killing it without hitting at least one cit) and it has a slow reload. The upgraded Mogami guns are the same ones as the Atago, Ibuki and Furutaka C hull. Their advantage over thr Myoko guns is faster turn speed but more reload time (16 seconds). I don't think it would be a good idea for the Mogami to get repair party as it already have rather a lot of HP (poor New Orleans tho) and for some reason, Myoko has more HP than Mogami and more than Ibuki. Mogami already have better armour than Atago (140mm vs 127mm) so I don't see why you will need a repair party consumable. Just get the Ibuki for repair part and 152mm citadel armour then wreck havoc with it. IJN cruisers require more understanding of armour angeling and you have to maneuver regularly to be able to avoid damage. Mogami has superior armour to New Orleans (140mm vs 127mm just like Atago) and VERY superior armour to Admiral Hipper (140mm vs 80mm lol) although the Hipper has better AP and more HP, meaning that a close brawl with it in Mogami would usually result in a loss, also the Hipper has a better torp arc. If you run into me in a USN cruiser and you are in a IJN cruiser you better run :P

Yup, citadel all over the ship, feels like 40%of the ship is citadel zone. that why I enjoy sailing in my Pensacola and hunt for Atagos. 

also, i quite enjoy 155mm HE shell spam in the game. the only down side is the slow turret transverse speed, which i have got use to it. 

Edited by Sammuell

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Yup, citadel all over the ship, feels like 40%of the ship is citadel zone. that why I enjoy sailing in my Pensacola and hunt for Atagos.

As if Mogami isn't the same!

450 posts
7,896 battles

As if Mogami isn't the same!

I don't know, feels like there are more Atago than Mogami. Or maybe some of the Atago players are new but paid for a tier 8 cruiser? 

[BLIST]
[BLIST]
1 post
6,723 battles

I don't know, feels like there are more Atago than Mogami. Or maybe some of the Atago players are new but paid for a tier 8 cruiser? 

yes they are.

Sign in to follow this