You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Spawny_

Which is the best to farm Kraken Unleashed?

32 comments in this topic

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Alrite, as per topic, i'm really running low on the Kraken unleashed flag that gives 50% extra xp per battle. From nearly 300 over flags to just over 20 flags for grinding Ibuki and Izumo, i'm in deperate need of some seal clubbing. Cursed be to whoever it was in WG that changed the requirements to obtain this flag, which is to kill minimum 5 ships in a game. 

Pls recommend me a ship that can get the job done. Thanks.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Personally, Zuiho makes an excellent farmer due to the excellent anti-ship loadout combined with low-tier AA (Which on some ships, is practically nonexistent). Just maintain air superiority and watch the credits and Krakens roll. It also benefits from limited matchmaking because according to this, a Zuiho cannot face anything higher than tier 6 unless you faildiv- In other words, the only AA you have to worry about are the CLs and CAs minus Nurnberg, as well as the enemy CV's fighters.

The same could be said for Minekaze primarily because it's in a tier where players aren't too keen at dodging torpedoes and fight aggressively up-close. It's also still competent even when uptiered thanks to its speed, camouflage and rapid reload.

From my perspective, another winner is Bogue's stock plane loadout with 1/1/0- It effectively guarantees air superiority against anything that isn't another Bogue with an AA mod whilst granting the possibility of dealing 20-30k per torpedo drop and extra reserve planes per squadron at the expense of DoT attacks and multiple squadrons.

---

If you ask me, a Zuiho is preferable over the Minekaze thanks to tiering mechanics- Though I keep both as credit farmers for my wallet-eating fleet.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I wouldn't recommend the Ryujo because of the matchmaking.

Facing something like a Shokaku or a Lexington with far more planes that are two tiers above you, along with higher-tier AA would slap your planes out of the sky right off the bat whereas Zuiho only has to worry about defensive fire only when uptiered.

In fact, the Zuiho, Ryujo and Hiryu are stuck with the same torpedo bomber squadrons until Shokaku.

You get the same plane and the same torpedo, which also means your damage will be the same for later tiers- Why not attack something with far less health, torpedo defense and anti-aircraft capabilities? Seal-clubbing, ho~

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

imperator nikolai

Generally I find myself getting lots of kills around tier 4 and 5,tier 3 sucks too much to consider whilst tier 4 and 5 has the perfect balance of ships dying fast enough,closer ranged combat and having good enough ships to score citadels etc.

892 posts
7,853 battles

If memory serves, I've managed Krakens with my Omaha and Kamikaze. Was denied (on several occasions) the Kraken due to KS from team mates while in DD (can't remember which) and Roon

507 posts
9,828 battles

I wouldn't recommend the Ryujo because of the matchmaking.

Facing something like a Shokaku or a Lexington with far more planes that are two tiers above you, along with higher-tier AA would slap your planes out of the sky right off the bat whereas Zuiho only has to worry about defensive fire only when uptiered.

In fact, the Zuiho, Ryujo and Hiryu are stuck with the same torpedo bomber squadrons until Shokaku.

You get the same plane and the same torpedo, which also means your damage will be the same for later tiers- Why not attack something with far less health, torpedo defense and anti-aircraft capabilities? Seal-clubbing, ho~

I don't know about that.Its not really hard against T8 ships if you play your cards right.

I felt better playing in it rather than the Zuiho, maybe i got better or something. But i got Kraken every other day with it. So go figure.

783 posts
4,826 battles

Hiryu is literally my personal daily Kraken farmer. I don't play it anymore due to limited port slots. I'd say Ryujo is too since they both have T6 TBs.

But yeah, strike CVs generally get Kraken as long as you play your cards right AND be selfish on kills a lot. Going full teamplay with them only gets a Kraken occasionally but more steady wins.

A strike Bouge unopposed can do 2 ship kills every reload of three squads(TB Squad for 1 cruiser and the 2 DB Squads for 1 battleship)

Other than that, non-CVs with large operational range(Great Speed/Range) are the next best bets like the Minekaze/Kamikaze.

Kongo to a certain extent as long as you time your shots literally for killstealing.

You could also go for the Tier 1s as long as you don't mind only low credit gains.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

You could also go for the Tier 1s as long as you don't mind only low credit gains.

it will destroy your stats also right?

the average tier you played :D

783 posts
4,826 battles

it will destroy your stats also right?

the average tier you played :D

I don't think a lot of people look at "average tier played". (I don't even look at mine :hiding:)

Not like I'd know though since I don't do Tier I. I just hear a lot of people(some of my friends too) have success with farming flags in it. :honoring:

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,059 battles

Average Tier played is probably the most useless stat to use to call someone a Noob, it's just completely irrelevent to what tier you like playing.

I've found that my New Mexico/Budyonny are pretty good at Krakens. With the correct MM of 4-6 I've managed to get quite a few in them.

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

I'm with Conky on this one- Minekaze.

Although Dead-Man's plan of Erie with Max skill captain sounds like a winner.

331 posts
17,093 battles

I will give you a list of the ships I have got at least 5 kils at least  once. If you don't believe me check my profile

BBs

New Mexico

Kongo

New York

Warspite

CVs

Ranger

CA/CL

Albany

Omaha

Aurora

St Louis

DDs

Nicholas

If you've ever killed 4 ships got confederate or high caliber in a ship then thats a candidate for farming.

1,230 posts
2,418 battles

I will give you a list of the ships I have got at least 5 kils at least  once. If you don't believe me check my profile

BBs

New Mexico

Kongo

New York

Warspite

CVs

Ranger

CA/CL

Albany

Omaha

Aurora

St Louis

DDs

Nicholas

If you've ever killed 4 ships got confederate or high caliber in a ship then thats a candidate for farming.

How the hell, did you EVER kraken in Ranger

Master tell me please

Edited by Conkhead_12

783 posts
4,826 battles

How the hell, did you EVER kraken in Ranger

Master tell me please

Not him but, with enough luck anything is possible. I got a Kraken in my Karlsruhe once and even I know that was a real stroke of luck due to how bad it is. (I even saved it's screenshot due to how excited I was at it.)

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Ah, luck.

The one and only factor that decides that you'll get matched with afk teammates and above-average elite-div enemies.

And the occasional team-killer who's lost his mind after 10 consecutive losses without a single kill.

Oh, and let's not forget detonations, connectivity problems and the SEA-exclusive power outages that guarantee that Murphy's Law is but a euphemism of your life~ Unfortunately, you have to pay for your own alcohol as well.

Edited by Stein_Grenadier