Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Spotters new toy

31 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

So what is spotters new toy? 

I guess those who use bad mods might want to delete them before you get a ban from the game. 

Its about time they did something about these illegal mods. 

So hope you player take notice :)

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Im not sure. It just says spotter has a new toy that will detect illegal mods. 

So i hope they give us more information about it and what  illegal mods will get players a ban from the game. 

I don't use mods either

Edited by yobbo1972

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

All mods should be banned. If someone has a good idea to make the game more user friendly then it should be shown to WG staff who then add it to the game for everyone ala vanilla.

As an example, WG are still adding mods to the vanilla WoT game in the next patch, that have been available for YEARS to players who use mods.

I have not seen an example of blatant obvious cheating, although a myogi who simply could not miss my Atlanta yesterday, while I displayed my stern to him, and was zig zagging at15kms range, came close.

As the thought of aimbot hax briefly flashed before my raging red / hint of envy green speckled eyes.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Im not sure. It just says spotter has a new toy that will detect illegal mods. 

So i hope they give us more information about it and what  illegal mods will get players a ban from the game. 

I don't use mods either

Oh, there's a troll player out there, who rages every game and always types about how he has illegal mod detection active, and he's reporting you and enjoy your ban etc.

Very predictable troll, I even warned my team one battle, before the battle began, and true to my words, he said exactly this.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Well this is what mr spotter had yo say in case players missed it.

Hi guys,

It's me again, just getting everyone a heads-up!!!

Our Development team has finished constructing a system that let's us detect the players that uses very naughty programs to gain advantage on the high-seas.

I will be spear-heading the hunt for such admirals to make our waters enjoyable again.

I advise anyone using such illegal modifications to uninstall and stop using such modifications, it's for your own safety. :great:

Thank you for everyone's continued support. Cheaters beware, Spotter's got a new toy...:red_button:

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles

If it's that ADF dongbeater from WOT then it should be a good laugh.  If it is true that spotter has whizz bang detection stuff then no one should be warned. Go straight for the banjammer.    WOWS has to be stronger than WOT with this issue as WOT has left it way too late to be credible about mods and cheats.  

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Yes if they can clean up WOT as well,  i might go back and play a bit more as well. But they  got a lot more cleaning up to do in WOT before it be worth while playing again .

695 posts
2,153 battles

You will all see shortly won't you. :red_button:

As for Illegal mods.  You all accept the EULA on registration  etc.  Which gives WG's the authority to suspend / ban accounts that run mods that give an unfair advantage.  Straight graphic mods are fine but if you use aim indicator mods etc look out.

Edited by Twisted0ne

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

You will all see shortly won't you. :red_button:

As for Illegal mods.  You all accept the NDA on registration  etc.  Which gives WG's the authority to suspend / ban accounts that run mods that give an unfair advantage.  Straight graphic mods are fine but if you use aim indicator mods etc look out.

Wait, I thought on registering it's EULA

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Guess I have to staph using my brain as it gives unfair gameplay advantage. :P

But seriously, I am waiting a good move to ban all mods & have some integrated into the game. Cosmetic stuffs are exceptions, ofcourse. :P

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles

Accepting the EULA means jack shit to a player who wants to cheat. WOT has proven that. WOWS has the chance to nip it before it becomes out of control or slip into the same mold that the rest of the wg franchise has adopted

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Oh, there's a troll player out there, who rages every game and always types about how he has illegal mod detection active, and he's reporting you and enjoy your ban etc.

Very predictable troll, I even warned my team one battle, before the battle began, and true to my words, he said exactly this.

You could have pre-empted him.

At start of battle you could have typed something like - 'oh, my PC virus scanner tells me a player here believes he can scan my PC..... Lucky for me all is getting is the trojan that slowly dissolves his hardrive."

fight BS with BS

Edited by AntifoulAwl

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

spotter can scan my mods all he wants he won't find anything illegal.

All my mods are mostly graphical eitherway, my favourite crosshairs (KrabsV1), Historical Naval Ensigns (screw you WG and your stupid censorship) Japanese voiceovers because they are awesome to listen too (I also partially know a bit of japanese, and most of it is easy to understand as well) and then we have my Quality of life mods, such as removal of the greyscale on non-researched ships, more visibility on cruise control, aim sights , players panal mods and training room enabling.

Most of these will never come to the base game, some will, but until then I will use mods as they are already in the game client, just not active.

334 posts
12,991 battles

Thing is what is "illegal". As far as I am aware they have never specifically named anything that is not allowed, "unfair advantage" is a pretty vague and broad term. Some of the mods in Asalin's mod pack could be construed as giving an unfair advantage. In my opinion someone will find a way around whatever they come up with anyway they always seem to.

216 posts
2,239 battles

Guess I have to staph using my brain as it gives unfair gameplay advantage. :P

But seriously, I am waiting a good move to ban all mods & have some integrated into the game. Cosmetic stuffs are exceptions, ofcourse. :P

Don't forget TeamSpeak, Skype, ect, give such an advantage against players that don't use these softwares, instant ban if caught using them if you ask me.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Or players with better internet than others, everyone should have a fair game with the same ping. If the slowest guy has 999 ping, everyone should have 999 ping. Your fast internet should not be an advantage too !

:trollface:

892 posts
7,853 battles

Anyone else experiencing getting shot at even while undetected? I'm not saying the random one or two shells but full on salvos and not just once but twice consecutively in the same battle.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Anyone else experiencing getting shot at even while undetected? I'm not saying the random one or two shells but full on salvos and not just once but twice consecutively in the same battle.

Yeah i had this happen to me twice during matches over the weekend while in my DDs

334 posts
12,991 battles

Now the paranoia starts to come out. I have had that to but its radar my SA does not go off for some reason when detected by radar or I dont notice because I am more focused on minimap and distance from ships.  

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Now the paranoia starts to come out. I have had that to but its radar my SA does not go off for some reason when detected by radar or I dont notice because I am more focused on minimap and distance from ships.  

I'll have to check my replay to see if there was a radar fitted ship near by or not but yeah SA didn't go off for me either and there was some accurate fire coming in.

Sign in to follow this