Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sammuell

Reality Mode

11 comments in this topic

450 posts
7,896 battles

Dear WG developer

I am really sick of the high tier battles where everyone are fighting at the max distance. Turns out the game ended because of timeout, people tried to attack were all dead It makes the game very boring.To solve the problem, I suggest introducing the reality mode. based on the random battle, all ships has a limited number of shells, torps and bombs. Once they used up all the ammo, they can either 1. go to the supply ship; 2, ram into the enemy. this can make use of the ramming flags and make the game more exciting in the high tier battles. 

Cheers

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I doubt you are know what you are talking about

1. In reality modern naval engagement rarely reach 5 km at each other, and most battleship engage each other at over 20 km range, Even more Carrier

2. Fast firing ship suffer the most from limited ammo because of the need of re supply

3. Abyssmal Duration of battle and that wont stop the camping habit but make it worse with the existent of Supply Ship (i dont want to running out of ammo why attacking)

You think An expensive tier 10 ship captain want to Ram his ship around easily?
Your suggestion have a lot of contradiction

Edited by Harpoon01

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Reality mode-

Ship sinks, Captain goes down with ship, have to grind skills again.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Don't forget that battles in real life took more time than Warhammer 40k miniature games (A LONG TIME, for those who don't know).

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Reality mode-

Ship sinks, Captain goes down with ship, have to grind skills again.

This is Reality  ~ HAHAHAHA.

Reality is. Yamato have 46km range. So if u put realism in it. Then all Yamato will camp back and drink some tea and wait till someone in the team spots for them

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Even if you put limit on ammo, bombs, & torpedoes, and place a supply ship at the back, you are still encouraging them to fight at maximum range because... for obvious reason they have to stay near supply ship to replenish. So.... that doesn't resolve the issue, you're only encouraging them. :teethhappy:

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Reality Mode: Battle time 20min

Result : Both sides suffer no dmg, returns to port and resupply ammo and fuel.

Cost : Negative credits.

Because in reality battles took hours or even over the course of days with both sides pounding each other from maximum range. The only time they got really close was in night battles when they did not spot each other till the last moment.

450 posts
7,896 battles

I don't know, I am just so sick of the high tier gentlemen battles where everyone are shooting at >15km and can barely land a hit on enemy ships.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I don't know, I am just so sick of the high tier gentlemen battles where everyone are shooting at >15km and can barely land a hit on enemy ships.

Thats High Tier Battles atm is just not because peoples afraid repair cost but High Tier ships DPM are really high even you gain some extra HP it wont help much since that kind of DPM and pick you off in less than 3min :D:D:D

Wish for newer patch or play lower tier might be the way out for you but tbh i really enjoy High Tier Battles as it is right now, is a matter of who making the mistake first :trollface:

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

If you want reality then you have to include this.....

If the game was realistic huh?

2 weeks before sailing all ships start re-stocking ammunition, food etc

48 hours before the main force sails, the minesweeping force lights up boilers and prepares to sail.

24 hours before the main force sails, the minesweeping force is on station clearing the harbour mouth

12 hours before the main force sails the naval and civilian police lock down the wharves, go find the crew(s)

4 hours prior to sailing light up boilers, start making steam, start clearing upper decks 

Zero hour - first ship starts to leave the wharf, at 15 minute intervals the remainder of the fleet start to leave and form up.

Merchant marine starts lighting up boilers to sail 4 hours after the main fleet 

+2 hours main fleet finally formed up and setting the exit screen around the harbour mouth, minesweepers continue clearing, ASW pickets setup and start prosecuting any and all targets 

+4 hours convoy starts to sail

+8 hours convoy finally formed up outside the harbour mouth ready to proceed

+12 hours you are about 10nm from harbour, still sorting out the stragglers for the convoy

+24 hours you are maybe 100nm away from your starting point, still within territorial waters with no enemy in sight or expected for at least another 3-4 days

and that's just leaving port xD

but back to the actual fighting part that you mention,

You think An expensive tier 10 ship captain want to Ram his ship around easily?

^ this is an extremely good point 

and having to resupply would mean having to constantly sail back and forth to your resupply ship.....do you really want to do that? It would make the game even more boring.....

Edited by ADM_dude

Sign in to follow this