Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
27000ants

Implementation of ARP Takao-class

25 comments in this topic

403 posts
8,170 battles

I would really like to see ARP Takao in-game, as well as Maya with her extra AA in exchange for C-turret (which has a terrible firing arc anyway). I understand that this may cause issues with people who turn ARP mode off and see Atagos with different stats and visual models, but this is why I am writing the following.

I like how WOWS implements the choice between equally viable builds, compared to WOT, as seen from the ability to choose between anti-ship build and AA build when switching between DD B and C hulls (and even for some cruisers if the Nürnberg changes are true). I believe that the choice could come to Atago as well, with the addition of an alternative hull. The mechanic for swapping between modules in Prems already exists with the Saipan and her 2 aircraft loadouts, so swapping between hulls should not be too difficult to implement.

By keeping the current hull unchanged and adding said AA hull as an option, all the EULA problems regarding nerfing of premium ships can be avoided, since the base parameters are unchanged, and the loss of firepower in exchange for more AA is a player-side choice.

If this is done the way to ARP Takao and Maya will be open (the credit potential will just have to be nerfed to normal tier 8 amounts for the ARP versions)

Thanks for reading

753 posts
8,965 battles

Enough of these ARP ships already, just give us actual ships from other nations instead of this anime crap. Royal, Italian and French navies before anymore of these ARP ships who's xp gain is useless and are just carbon copies of ships available in the regular IJN tree. 

199 posts
6,037 battles

Enough of these ARP ships already, just give us actual ships from other nations instead of this anime crap. Royal, Italian and French navies before anymore of these ARP ships who's xp gain is useless and are just carbon copies of ships available in the regular IJN tree. 

SoonTM :trollface:

It's easier to create ARP ships than creating Royal Navy's ships. Because all they need to do is just slap a new skin on the Japanese ships. Let's just wait for German's BB line 

Edited by Delta_Sierra

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I understand your hate for the ARP hype....but just as you want to have more ship from the history to come into WoWs, lots of ARP fans want WG to bring out their most favourite ships/character/waifu so lets be nice each other....and like Delta said, the WG only need to make a skin for the ships that already in the game. but they also need to contact specific person who do the voice in the anime (Seiyu) so yeah.. they still need some special works for Any ARP ships.

maybe WG need to reconsider talking about ARP ships in different sub forum. so all talk about ARP wont bother people who dont want to read them...

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I understand your hate for the ARP hype....but just as you want to have more ship from the history to come into WoWs, lots of ARP fans want WG to bring out their most favourite ships/character/waifu so lets be nice each other....and like Delta said, the WG only need to make a skin for the ships that already in the game. but they also need to contact specific person who do the voice in the anime (Seiyu) so yeah.. they still need some special works for Any ARP ships.

maybe WG need to reconsider talking about ARP ships in different sub forum. so all talk about ARP wont bother people who dont want to read them...

I think what Trojan63 is trying to get across is that this is "World of Warships" not "World of ARP" and real life ships should have priority over collaborative work (contract details aside) even if they're just simple reskins. 

I personally don't mind having the ARP ships in the game but if I had to choose between ARP Takao/Maya or HIJMS Takao/Maya I would pick the latter. 

Edited by Chawp

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I think what Trojan63 is trying to get across is that this is "World of Warships" not "World of ARP" and real life ships should have priority over collaborative work (contract details aside) even if they're just simple reskins. 

I personally don't mind having the ARP ships in the game but if I had to choose between ARP Takao/Maya or HIJMS Takao/Maya I would pick the latter. 

i see.. sorry if i make a bad post above....

i too would love addition of reall ships

403 posts
8,170 battles

Fair enough, I understand your frustration on the lack of certain critican content (cough British cough). I suspect WG is figuring out how to balance battlecruisers so that they can be the first British line released (the flavour of the nation, so to speak).

In hindsight I should have expected the hate, and should have titled it along the lines of alternate Atago hull or something

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

To me. I dont think they will put Takao class. Since atago is a premium ship. Its like WG giving away Atago for free just by doing mission. 

Hey. its my opinion. If they put it, i ll get it. All arp ships is in my port now

753 posts
8,965 battles

... Ain't these ships optional? Iirc, you could disable them by not looking at the yokosuka port, right?

That is not the point, instead of spamming us with these copied ships with a fluorescent paint job give us real ships that actually fought in real naval battles. Yes we could disable that port not to see them but you'll still see them in battle.

I have all the ARP ships offered so far during events, which I hardly use but challenges in game give you something to aim for, however, I'd much rather a challenge for an actual ship. 

359 posts
2,819 battles

Thing is, proper ships with proper color take time to develop. In the mean time, let people that like fluorescent ships enjoy those ships should be a fair game. They are easy to paint anyway. You didn't lose anything. Those who like it does gain from it. People happiness you know, Can they have it?

Nothing wrong about seeing Kongou (Not Kirishima-Hie-Haruna). Unless you're a cruiser. CV and DD should love too many Kongou.

And it would be nice to just call anime.."anime" not anime crap.

Or say certain demographic should not enjoy certain work.

I would be delight to see anything CV - more in the game also. But do I have be upset because they bring Cambletown, Texas or another US CA I can't think of the name now. No, I'm not upset, because what i don't care is HYPE in the eyes of other.

for example, I will trade the current weather effect for anything. New ship>weather.

But a lot of people will shout "are you nuts?! weather is awesome "

That's why I don't say it. And only say in now as an example

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,103 battles

... Ain't these ships optional? Iirc, you could disable them by not looking at the yokosuka port, right?

Yes, yes, yes.

I've heard it all before from the weaboos.    The point is this is World of warships.  Not world of comic girls.   We have had a fair whack of the ARP ships.  Now lets get back to the games core.  Warships....historical warships.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Give us grown ups some ships instead

SoonTM :trollface:

It's easier to create ARP ships than creating Royal Navy's ships. Because all they need to do is just slap a new skin on the Japanese ships. Let's just wait for German's BB line 

if i remember correctly what the devs said, it takes about at least a year (or so) to make a new line completely functional (including modelling, testing, balancing, performance)

And if you're looking for a challenge in the meantime, i suggest you try out the SV CL's. Those ships need balls of steel to play it, it should keep you occupied until the release of the german BB line

222 posts
3,269 battles

Sorry friend, It seemed funny to me that you actually bothered to switch your port to Yokosuka. Seeing that you're one of the detractors of this anime collab sentiment.

Then again. I too would like to see the RN line of Cruisers. I'd love to add one of them to my cruiser collection.

450 posts
7,896 battles

yup, adding real ship is better, but ARP ship is only a reskin of the current ship models. Not a bad thing if you love and never sick of playing the Kongo class or the Myoko class. 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,103 battles

The APR ships arefine, they tell others that I fought hard for it, especially the Kongo. I blew 30 DDs up for her.

Fought hard for them my arse.

I tried not to get them and still got two.

I'm concerned you blew 30 DD's just for a pink ship.  Where are your morals.............................

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I'm concerned you blew 30 DD's just for a pink ship.  Where are your morals.............................

REAL MAN wears PINK

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

This one will be blue so should be fine :3

__takao_aoki_hagane_no_arpeggio_drawn_by

227 posts
2,651 battles

This is why I prefer NA than SEA forum. there are alot anime haters, history geeks there but they're respectable somewhat when it comes to WG's contract with ARP collab (and those ARP event will still with us until the end of this year at least).

ARP event is like any WOWS's events, dont like ARP ships?, dont play ships met ARP event's requirement and dont choose Yokosuka port, you wont see those neon ships, ever, that's all.

I personally hype for ARP Takao even WG said they would implement historic Takao first, that's T8 free ship after all.

450 posts
7,896 battles

In fact, it's purple. I also did the same thing for my Kamikaze R, killing others and sinking other. Where is my moral you ask, deep under the ice cold water.

I prefer the previous mission where it is harder than only due damage to other ships

Also, in stead of ARP ships, WG can release more real world ships but a down grade of the ships that are present in the game, like the USS Flint, which on have 6 turrets instead of 8.  

Sign in to follow this