Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Moganite

Accuracy since 0.5.5

10 comments in this topic

331 posts
17,093 battles

Has anyone else noticed that since 0.5.5 the accuracy of ALL ships seems off?

I thought I was imagining it but it  seems impossible to get multiple citadels in a salvo lately or for BB even to hit a CA.

my  average accuracy for all ships for 0.54 was over 30 percent with some approaching 50 percent and i was getting quad or even on rare occasions quintuple citadels with mt CA guns on other cruisers at range when I aimed properly.  and in close at less than 10 km I was occasionally one shotting other CAs with my cruisers. They were broadside on plus neworleans with 9 8 inch guns.

I know I could of just forgotten how to aim but that seems unlikely as it is happening for all ships.

I have also noticed that there appears to be a discrepancy  in the dispersion definitions given in the WOWs wiki.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Gunnery_%26_Armor_Penetration_%28WoWS%29

The paragraphs relating to dispersion give the specification that the dispersion values in port are the 50 percent horizontal axis at maximum range. It then goes on to claim that the 50 percent contour is equivalent to 1 standard deviation when it is clearly not.  The 50 percent contour would be equivalent to 0.67449 of a standard deviation and it is well known that 1 standard deviation would be where it is 68.27% within those bounds. This is of course assuming normal distribution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation

I have also noticed this being on the recieving end  of a lot of shells that it seems that the accuracy of everyone has dropped of with less frequent shell hits.

So what is going on?

Edited by Moganite

334 posts
13,031 battles

I agree with you something seems not quite right dispersion feels worse even with the module upgrade. I have been trying ships with and without the accuracy module installed and if anything slightly better without it. 

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Has anyone else noticed that since 0.5.5 the accuracy of ALL ships seems off?

I thought I was imagining it but it  seems impossible to get multiple citadels in a salvo lately or for BB even to hit a CA.

my  average accuracy for all ships for 0.54 was over 30 percent with some approaching 50 percent and i was getting quad or even on rare occasions quintuple citadels with mt CA guns on other cruisers at range when I aimed properly.  and in close at less than 10 km I was occasionally one shotting other CAs with my cruisers. They were broadside on plus neworleans with 9 8 inch guns.

I know I could of just forgotten how to aim but that seems unlikely as it is happening for all ships.

I have also noticed that there appears to be a discrepancy  in the dispersion definitions given in the WOWs wiki.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Gunnery_%26_Armor_Penetration_%28WoWS%29

The paragraphs relating to dispersion give the specification that the dispersion values in port are the 50 percent horizontal axis at maximum range. It then goes on to claim that the 50 percent contour is equivalent to 1 standard deviation when it is clearly not.  The 50 percent contour would be equivalent to 0.67449 of a standard deviation and it is well known that 1 standard deviation would be where it is 68.27% within those bounds. This is of course assuming normal distribution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation

I have also noticed this being on the recieving end  of a lot of shells that it seems that the accuracy of everyone has dropped of with less frequent shell hits.

So what is going on?

RNG doing stuff again.

Edited by davud1537

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I pray for good RNG on the salvo spread of my Battleships. And I don't expect narrow spread in long range anymore, just hit & burn him everywhere.

How do I resolve on that accuracy issue? Just adapt to whatever changes on your ship. But it's good you raised this allegedly accuracy concern.

Edited by Mingfang47

331 posts
17,093 battles

long range 15 km plus you typically wont hit very often if at all it takes too long to get there. I close to 15 km or closer alot of the time and I hate fighting at longer ranges cause I find it  gives the enemy too much time to react and the dispersion at those ranges.

I use AP alot of the time mostly becasue I am engaging BBs and CAs as a BB. for angling HE.

As CA AP for other CAs then HE as situation demands it.

The situations I notice it more are when the target isn't changing course and speed and several consecutive salvos miss and only just miss. Sometimes I am the target receiving heavy shelling and it only because there are 5 or 6 ships banging away.

Normally it takes me  about a week to adapt enough to have satisfactory accuracy. But this time its been 2 weeks and it still feels a bit off what it was in 5.4 and it was both as a target and as the shooter which is unusual as normally its just my aiming was off.

It could be any of a number of things I want to make sure its not my faulty perceptions or biases. And it seems to occur with with all the ships i have played at all ranges on alot of different targets and situations.

[LBAS]
4,499 posts
25,682 battles

RNG doing stuff again.

yeah after 0.5.5 then 0.5.5.1 my BB become clumsy than ever, CA has not much.

still some problems they said it's fixed in this update but no.

216 posts
2,239 battles

So is this post about an issue with "accuracy since 0.5.5", or are we trying to point out an issue with the "dispersion/precision since 0.5.5"? Because if this was a post on players accuracy being off and not being able aim properly and hit targets then that's more along the line of it being that players fault, where as if the dispersion/precision is off then then that's a different story. Maybe the title should be changed to "dispersion since 0.5.5".

334 posts
13,031 battles

So is this post about an issue with "accuracy since 0.5.5", or are we trying to point out an issue with the "dispersion/precision since 0.5.5"? Because if this was a post on players accuracy being off and not being able aim properly and hit targets then that's more along the line of it being that players fault, where as if the dispersion/precision is off then then that's a different story. Maybe the title should be changed to "dispersion since 0.5.5".

I think the parameters of the discussion are addressed in the original post.

Sign in to follow this