You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dingo_fighter

Concealment not working

16 comments in this topic

8 posts
4,115 battles

Hi, I have a Fubuki with a supposed concealment of 6.1 km (after I add all my upgrades & commander skills) , however I have found that I am being detected  from 7.5 to 7 km , in fact on some occasions they have detected me before I have detected them, I know this because out of the blue a DD starts firing at me and that is the first time I detect them, and virtually all of these vessels have a far greater detection range than myself.

Plus I do find it ridiculous the accuracy of all vessel guns, once spotted I'm gone on many occasions, are some of these guys using aiming bots, I'm not sure but I do feel that this accuracy needs to be changed, because I cant hit every ship that I fire a torpedo at

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

In addition to Deathskyz post, IIRC if the enemy ships have the Target Acquisition Module in their upgrades it increases assured detection by 20%, therefore you would be detected around 7-7.5km. <-- disregard that part, I made an error.

BUT it's not uncommon at that tier for other DDs out there to use the Lvl 5 Concealment Expert Skill which can make their concealment range under 6 km hence why they may not be detected by you.

Edited by ADM_dude

Super Tester
527 posts
3,161 battles

I guess the first thing to point out, is that the ship you are seeing at 7.5 to 7km, may not in fact be the ship that has detected you. It is possible that there was another ship closer that had an even lower concealment distance that you had not yet spotted. 

That said, 6.1 km is a very good number so this might not have been the case.

Have you fired your guns recently? That applies a penalty that continues to apply to your concealment until 20 seconds from your last shot fired.

Are you on fire? Fires also apply a penalty to concealment. If I remember correctly the penalty increases for each fire on the ship.

Lastly, was their an enemy aircraft nearby? They have to get much closer to detect you, but it is something that is frequently overlooked. In particular if you have not disabled your secondary/AA guns. If they have fired at the aircraft, then see the point above about firing your guns. Secondaries and AA apply the same penalty as does manually firing your primary guns. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

In addition to Deathskyz post, IIRC if the enemy ships have the Target Acquisition Module in their upgrades it increases assured detection by 20%, therefore you would be detected around 7-7.5km. Also it's not uncommon at that tier for other DDs out there to use the Lvl 5 Concealment Expert Skill which can make their concealment range under 6 km hence why they may not be detected by you.

Dat module will increase the ASURED detection range

From 2km to 2.4km

Not decrease the Camo Value of the enemy

Edited by Harpoon01

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

From 2km to 3km(?)

Russian Cruiser behind an island using radar?

You wont see him but he sees you.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Russian Cruiser behind an island using radar?

You wont see him but he sees you.

At the assured range ship can detect each other regardless the obstacle

I detect enemy DD at the otherside  of the island, 2km from my ship  even when technically it is impossible to detect due the island height

The radar basically multiply the Asured Detection range by few times for short duration

So the one who didnt use it still unable to detect you behind island or smoke

Edited by Harpoon01

783 posts
4,810 battles

It's either what Black_Ice or Deathskyz said which actually detected you. If you have a replay, I'd be glad to take time to view it myself.

Just to add, when using radar or sonar, the target acquisition module does not add to the range stated on the consumable. Same goes for vigilance with sonar.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

From 2km to 2.4km

Ok my bad, i completely forgot what assured detection was (i had the dumb lol), but in my defence, I did mention that CE will make the enemy concealment range less than 6km NOT the TA module

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

It's either what Black_Ice or Deathskyz said which actually detected you. If you have a replay, I'd be glad to take time to view it myself.

Just to add, when using radar or sonar, the target acquisition module does not add to the range stated on the consumable. Same goes for vigilance with sonar.

No no you have it all wrong.

Whenever there's a thread about mechanics of any sort, there shall be no replays or screenshots.

168 posts
5,667 battles

I'm still appalled by the idea of radar that works through mountains.

I know, it's not a sim. Seems to cover up a lot of sins.

211 posts
9,928 battles

I was in a game with you, watched the replay we were detecting each other at the same time, 

20 secs after firing your guns until your concealment penalty from firing your guns is gone (we had a light gun dual)

And higher tier cruisers are a lot more effective at killing DD's, its not aimbot or aim assist they're just that accurate.

be very afraid :P

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Plus I do find it ridiculous the accuracy of all vessel guns, once spotted I'm gone on many occasions, are some of these guys using aiming bots, I'm not sure but I do feel that this accuracy needs to be changed, because I cant hit every ship that I fire a torpedo at

I think we found the dude that doesn't use WASD hack

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I think we found the dude that doesn't use WASD hack

also the reason why everyone can use WASD hack now

8 posts
4,115 battles

Thanks for the info guys, its all starts to make sense , when experienced players give the reasons why events happen, I will just have to keep practising be aware of the parameters, and get better.

And yes I am scared of those cruisers, actually I'm scared of anything that floats or flys :bajan:  

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

And yes I am scared of those cruisers, actually I'm scared of anything that floats or flys :bajan:  

how about those who swi.... right, you are DD captain... no wonder