Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
iChaseGaming

PSA: No Situational Awareness Bug

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Might be better to try that in game as training rooms don't have the same conditions as a random battle.

I was just in a battle in my tier 9 IJN DD and was facing a tier 7 IJN DD we both went for  C cap circle on ocean map.

I spotted him before he spotted me, I fired once at him to get him to turn and leave the cap which he did and since I was spotted (because I had fired) the enemy ships all opened up on me.  I then stopped moving and the detection went away and of cause the enemy still  fired at me as they were blind firing, just as the firing started to die down my detection went off again for about 2 seconds  and I was thinking wtf? how I get spotted who spotted me?? it was a surface detection as well ,no aircraft around either and no ship close enough and detection wasn't radar.

I got a 6km detection range on my kagero and since I had already spotted the tier 7 IJN DD before he spotted me earlier on and since I couldn't see him, I new it wasn't him spotting me and then after 2 seconds the  detection went away,  and   just after that I spotted the tier 7 IJN DD coming towards the cap again and within a few seconds of me seeing him first he then spotted me as my detection  went off and thus i died.

so something is still wrong with the detection, if it is going off randomly and DDs are being spotted when nothing is close enough to spot the DD in the first place. 

As in my case I wasn't firing, I wasn't moving and the only ship close enough to me was another IJN DD and my concealment range was better than his, as I was seeing him on screen before he was spotting me.

something is still wrong and it seems to be random.

Just like sometimes you will see aircraft flash onto the mini map before they disappear and gives away the location of CVs.

every now and again ill see plane squadrons appear near the back of a map and you click on the mini map at the point you see the planes and get your teams CV to fly aircraft over that area and next thing you know there's a CV hiding at the area u seen the planes appear for a quick second but yet nothing is close enough to detect the CV or the planes in the first place. 

it has to be a glitch.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Ichase - Could you make sure your raw data if passed on to your Super Tester Co-Ordinators (NA) for forwarding to the Devs (they have been asking about the "bug"), if you have not already done so.

507 posts
9,828 battles

Might be better to try that in game as training rooms don't have the same conditions as a random battle.

I was just in a battle in my tier 9 IJN DD and was facing a tier 7 IJN DD we both went for  C cap circle on ocean map.

I spotted him before he spotted me, I fired once at him to get him to turn and leave the cap which he did and since I was spotted (because I had fired) the enemy ships all opened up on me.  I then stopped moving and the detection went away and of cause the enemy still  fired at me as they were blind firing, just as the firing started to die down my detection went off again for about 2 seconds  and I was thinking wtf? how I get spotted who spotted me?? it was a surface detection as well ,no aircraft around either and no ship close enough and detection wasn't radar.

I got a 6km detection range on my kagero and since I had already spotted the tier 7 IJN DD before he spotted me earlier on and since I couldn't see him, I new it wasn't him spotting me and then after 2 seconds the  detection went away,  and   just after that I spotted the tier 7 IJN DD coming towards the cap again and within a few seconds of me seeing him first he then spotted me as my detection  went off and thus i died.

so something is still wrong with the detection, if it is going off randomly and DDs are being spotted when nothing is close enough to spot the DD in the first place. 

As in my case I wasn't firing, I wasn't moving and the only ship close enough to me was another IJN DD and my concealment range was better than his, as I was seeing him on screen before he was spotting me.

something is still wrong and it seems to be random.

Just like sometimes you will see aircraft flash onto the mini map before they disappear and gives away the location of CVs.

every now and again ill see plane squadrons appear near the back of a map and you click on the mini map at the point you see the planes and get your teams CV to fly aircraft over that area and next thing you know there's a CV hiding at the area u seen the planes appear for a quick second but yet nothing is close enough to detect the CV or the planes in the first place. 

it has to be a glitch.

Could you upload the replay with the time-stamp?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Is replay Reliable?

The Monitor Replay is much more effective since it captures the Bug Partas well

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

WG are having trouble with replays, that's why they haven't  put them in the game as yet.

and yeah I've got nothing better to do so that's why I just make crap up, for my own amusement, as I've got nothing better to.

Edited by yobbo1972

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

WG are having trouble with replays, that's why they have put them in the game as yet.

and yeah I've got nothing better to do so that's why I just make crap up, for my own amusement, as I've got nothing better to.

Replays are bugged. That I know.

Why did you assume I speak of you?

507 posts
9,828 battles

Never expect replays from anyone who has undeniable proof about a bug.

Their replays will be in text format.

lol..yobbo's alright..

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Replays are bugged. That I know.

Why did you assume I speak of you?

umm prob cuz you always having ago at me with every chance you get :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

well just had the same problem of my detection going off and being spotted.

This time I was in my Gearing and another DD on my team had set  some smoke off and I was using his smoke for cover. I had just seen torps going past our position as we where on shatter map and  at B cap trying to cap it, (south side of cap)

As said some torps went past us, so I move forward a little to see if I could spot who fired the torps and in the cap was the enemy Gearing,  we both seen each other and started  firing and I went in reverse to get back in cover of the smoke, as I got back into the smoke the detection symbol disappeared and the enemy gearing also disappeared and then 2 seconds or there about, my detection symbol went off again for about 2 seconds and I was spotted.

so something is going on and something is not working as it should.   

211 posts
9,931 battles

Possible there is more to this,

Just had a Derp in the Campbelltown 

Late game, Engage a CV with guns and Situational pops, LOS is broken by a island and Situational turns off.

Im then sailing pass some islands with a enemy Kuma on the other side. Situational bugs out as i sail pass a gap where the Kuma has LOS on me,

It's bugging out when clearly i should be spotted, its strange, it pops then turns off instantly.  

you can see my reaction to it doing a double take at the Kuma wondering WTH? why isn't situational up?

Replay if anyone is interested @ 5:30 mark

http://www.filedropper.com/20160514121646pbsd503-campbeltown-194110nebigrace

Edited by Apex1o1

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i heard they change the situation awareness where they add 3 second that you are still detected after the warning pop out.

what bother me the most is when i use smoke screen.

like most veteran DD player, i use smoke then slowdown so that i won't outrun the smoke puffed. then reverse so they will hard to track you even pepper the area with their shell. but after this patch the situation awareness randomly popping even though i'm fully covered with my smoke and even the enemy has not used radar or sonar. sometimes they even fired accurately at my location. this happened few seconds when i'm laying down my smoke screen.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Here's the issue: From WoWS Official Wiki Guide under Situational Awareness Skill

An indicator is displayed when your ship is detected by an enemy ship or aircraft.

It remains until you are no longer detected.

It states that you are no longer detected when the indicator goes off. There is no ambiguity to that statement. It goes off you are not detected. It does not say there is a 3 second delay or any other time. Therefore, the skill is bugged if the indicator is going off before you are actually no longer detected or it goes off prematurely and your still detected for 3+ seconds.

If they changed the skill without letting us know that's on them. If it is bugged because of a patch, same situation. Either way there is an issue with Situational Awareness according to WoWS one information concerning the skill.

507 posts
9,828 battles

Here's the issue: From WoWS Official Wiki Guide under Situational Awareness Skill

It states that you are no longer detected when the indicator goes off. There is no ambiguity to that statement. It goes off you are not detected. It does not say there is a 3 second delay or any other time. Therefore, the skill is bugged if the indicator is going off before you are actually no longer detected or it goes off prematurely and your still detected for 3+ seconds.

If they changed the skill without letting us know that's on them. If it is bugged because of a patch, same situation. Either way there is an issue with Situational Awareness according to WoWS one information concerning the skill.

Exactly.Why is that 3 second delay even there? maybe its there since 0.5.4, doesn't matter it just shouldn't be there.

for dd's those little pesky shots taken in those 3 seconds add up quite a bit

8 posts

Just for your information, forget that video above, it's 1000% clear that something changed form pre-0.5.5 to 0.5.5

Just watch old WoWS videos and compare to current patch....

pre-0.5.5:

https://media.giphy.com/media/oeNGgdulCbXzO/giphy.gif

(enemy DD on-off visible when popping smoke + keeping on running)

post-0.5.5:

https://media.giphy.com/media/A9mU6dYuCdRyU/giphy.gif

(enemy DD visible  for several seconds in the same situation)

Sign in to follow this