Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sukasaa

German Captain skills! :3

9 comments in this topic

102 posts
1,582 battles

I wanted to try out German Cruisers but I'm unsure of what Captain skills are good for them, Can someone help me? =)

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,606 battles

I wanted to try out German Cruisers but I'm unsure of what Captain skills are good for them, Can someone help me? =)

You may want to get Situation Awareness

For for 2nd skill, I'd go for Expert Marksman ( On low tier ships you can also switch it to Last stand.

Then you can pick High Alert for faster damage control cool down or Vigilance if you hate torpedoes ( For Tier 9 and Tier 10 cruisers, you can get additional repair party with Superintendent which potentially increase your HP usage by 10000.

I choose Demolition Expert for my 4th skill, also you can have AFT if you feel you are more comfortable with that.

For the last skill, you can decide to get Concealment Expert, or drop the Tier 5 skill for another Tier 4 skill or focus on other ship survivability skills

Edited by R3negade

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles
  1. Sausage Loader
  2. Expert Potatoe
  3. Überintendent
  4. Stuka Expert
  5. Alleskönner

1. I usually switch between Frankfurter and Wiener quite often and the other skills just don't bring the right taste to the table.

2. Yeah, I know what you'll say... 0.7deg/s faster potatoe turning time is not much for your average barbecue, but believe me in the heat of a Grillparty it's the right choice.

3. You certainly won't want to further cut the range of your Schnitzels and having some extra dips for your sausages is always nice

4. Unless you think these ships are good at Anti-Grünzeug it's prolly the best choice to add more fire... because Stuka + Napalm = We didn't start the fire

5. I don't really like most of the tier V skills, would suggest going for other early/mid tier skills instead. Situational Bacon isn't the most necessary thing in WoWS, but a cheap nice to have skill.

Schnitzel Armament Expertise can also be useful in several situations, outside of that I usually use any points past getting the tier IV skill for random skills that "make sense".

Disclaimer:

I don't think this was racist towards germans, because I think I read somewhere that you can't be racist towards yourself.

(Atleast not normally...)

222 posts
3,269 battles

First of all, WELCOME my friend! To the German Cruiser experience~ 

For moi, tier V and VI require these skills:

-situational awareness

-Last Stand(german armor does not protect you much from engine failures, I'm afraid)

-High Alert(your HP is tiny. So for that reason, you'd like to control how much fire damage that chips away your healthbar)

-Tier IV skills ain't worth the effort for the konigs. Chances are, you're gonna be fighting in close quarters so you don't have to invest in demolition expert like the nurnberg does. Instead, you invest in faster torpedo loading and expert marksman for even more CQC power.

For the Yorck and Hipper

-situational awareness

-Expert marksman

-High alert or vigilance since germans do not know how to make good rudders

-Demolitions expert(yorck's reload time+fire starting chance is the best in the german line, so you can still piss off enemy ships in long range)

-Concealment expert(firing at the right moment allows you to lessen your chances of dying)

784 posts
4,856 battles

-snip-

I can't believe I understood this and how good the advice was. +1

You may want to get Situation Awareness

For for 2nd skill, I'd go for Expert Marksman ( On low tier ships you can also switch it to Last stand.

Then you can pick High Alert for faster damage control cool down or Vigilance if you are a sonar lover ( For Tier 9 and Tier 10 cruisers, you can get additional repair party with Superintendent which potentially increase your HP usage by 10000.

I choose Demolition Expert for my 4th skill, also you can have AFT if you feel you are more comfortable with that.

For the last skill, you can decide to get Concealment Expert, or drop the Tier 5 skill for another Tier 4 skill or focus on other ship survivability skills

I would just like to point out that vigilance doesn't stack with Sonar. So if you are a sonar lover, High Alert or Superintendent is the way to go as Vigilance's effect is minimized.

For OP, KM cruisers can just opt to not get a T5 skill but only a number of T4 skills suit them anyway. Demolition Expert can be skipped if you mainly use AP which a lot do since KM CL/CA is really potent. AFT can also be skipped on the high tier KM cruisers mainly because of their already high enough AA power(usually overkill) and having AFT while not using Defensive AA Fire (in favor of Sonar) defeats the purpose of needing more range. Survivability Expert works as a standard T4 skill, but other than that, most essential skills are T1-T3.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

1. Awareness or Loader if you always being noticed

2. Expert gunner for better quick scope

3. Red Alert, if you move like Lambhorgini already, otherwise Vigiliance

4. AFT for better small sub machine gun or Pyro for Molotov

5. Camouflage or stronger module if you not very sneaky

1,083 posts
3,890 battles

Since this had to do with German ships,looks like we are getting some love the in 0.5.6:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/79047-yes-finally-nurnberg-c-1945-hull-and-other-goodies-from-560/

Nurnberg is finally getting a revised C hull,and the ships itself is getting lowered,hopefully instead of blowing up when someone glances at it,they will have to star REALLY hard to do it now!

Also this:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/13704-interesting-stuff-from-the-ru-forums/page__st__120__pid__198411#entry198411

Admiral Hipper is also getting its Atlantic bow ( and I am hoping for e Premium Prinz Eugen to! ),and a plane added to the Konigsberg

Sign in to follow this