Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

Why I see an increase in the trend of complaining about MM?

26 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,218 battles

There will be, of course, slight differences in tiers, but it hardly matters to the point that your team will lose just because of ship differences.

Oh, the enemy's BB/DD/CA are ALL higher tier than yours?

:trollface:Tell that to a Fully upgraded Kongo fighting stock Fuso.

:trollface:Tell that to a Fully upgraded Fuso fighting stock Nagamon.

:trollface:Tell that to any Kamikaze facing Mitsuki

:trollface:Tell that to any Cheatland facing Fully upgraded Pensacola.

:trollface:Tell that to a fully upgraded Nurnberg facing a stock Yorck.

:trollface: Tell that to a fully upgraded New Mexico facing a stock colorado

etc.....

:great:Just because they are higher tier than you doesnt mean they are gonna be stronger in stats.

:trollface:For more information, compare Fubuki stats with that of Kangero's and Shimakaze's 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Damaging enemy that a tier or two higher will grant a good amount of exp

I never mind when facing Nagato with Furutaka (but atill i Likely to get rekt)

783 posts
4,821 battles

To be honest, I hate being top tier when I'm in my Nagato. Aside from my inability to drive BBs properly, I see all those Minekazes and Kamikazes which make life hell. Mutsukis and Hatsuharus are more manageable to engage. And against IJN cruisers, Furutaka and Aoba sit a bit too low in the water relatively that my shell dispersion just won't hit them. No problem if the target was a Myoko or Mogami.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Wait, that's a thing here in WoWS?? Maybe getting +2 Tier isn't so bad after all...

126 posts
2,724 battles

Yeah nup!!!

Don't agree with the opening statement at all, TF44 members were playing a T6 div match yesterday most of what we faced was at T7 including 4 BBs, so assured of their (enemy) superiority most of them just camped and waited for us to enter their massed kill zone, and picked everyone off  piece by piece hardly suffering any losses themselves. The whole process took less than 10 minutes.

I have no truck with a tier higher for the challenge alone, but when an enemy force moves out with no fear whatsoever as to whether they can win or lose the match...well something smells fishy here and I don't think its the chicken.

I remember saying to the chaps its at times like that you wish you could opt out of the match after seeing the match-up rather than putting yourself through the inevitable ass-ripping (beating) that is about to ensue. I don't like fore-gone conclusions in games, and I'm pretty sure that nobody else does either, everyone likes to think they have a good chance of winning.

Its like setting up at a war-gaming convention with no constraints or rules set, having some cheesy guy bring out the cheesy army and sets up in front of you, you may as well shake hands and call it a day and save yourself from a complete and utter waste of your life. Because he has won after the set-up and even blind Freddy can see that, same here with playing games against ships that are two tiers higher.

Cheers guys

Dan

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

There will be, of course, slight differences in tiers, but it hardly matters to the point that your team will lose just because of ship differences.

Oh, the enemy's BB/DD/CA are ALL higher tier than yours?

:trollface:Tell that to a Fully upgraded Kongo fighting stock Fuso.

:trollface:Tell that to a Fully upgraded Fuso fighting stock Nagamon.

:trollface:Tell that to any Kamikaze facing Mitsuki

:trollface:Tell that to any Cheatland facing Fully upgraded Pensacola.

:trollface:Tell that to a fully upgraded Nurnberg facing a stock Yorck.

:trollface: Tell that to a fully upgraded New Mexico facing a stock colorado

etc.....

:great:Just because they are higher tier than you doesnt mean they are gonna be stronger in stats.

:trollface:For more information, compare Fubuki stats with that of Kangero's and Shimakaze's 

When you meet Yamato:(

It is not about having more higher tier ships in a team,

the thing is MM sometimes distribute the ship class / certain ship unevenly.

e.g 3 Yamato vs 1,Yamato.

Edited by R3negade

634 posts
6,218 battles

When you meet Yamato:(

It is not about having more higher tier ships in a team,

the thing is MM sometimes distribute the ship class / certain ship unevenly.

e.g 3 Yamato vs 1,Yamato.

:child:do u have any dd on ur team? 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

tier 5 can still hold her ground when facing a tier 7, but i never see any ship below tier 5 that can handle +2 tier from hers.

783 posts
4,821 battles

tier 5 can still hold her ground when facing a tier 7, but i never see any ship below tier 5 that can handle +2 tier from hers.

This. The range difference is too much most of the time.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

you could opt out of the match after seeing the match-up rather than putting yourself through the inevitable ass-ripping (beating) that is about to ensue.

Are you sure that's a wise move? Because that's a direct violation of the EULA link: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/forum-120/announcement-17-world-of-warships-game-rules/

4. Inappropriate conduct in-game/Fair play principles

The following actions are prohibited in game:

4.01. Intentionally damaging allied ships (team damage).

4.02. Intentionally destroying allied ships (team kill).

4.03. Intentionally informing participants of the opposing team through battle, or voice chat, the location of allied ships.

4.04. Using bots, clickers, macros, keyboard and mouse recorders, or any other similar methods to accumulate credits and experience without the participation or with passive participation of the player within the battle. (Excessive and repetitive passive play)

4.05. Any conduct that is considered by Wargaming staff as disruptive to the gaming experience of others can be sanctioned in accordance to rule 1.04. This conduct includes and is not limited to: malicious and/or intentional in-game harassment, intentional exploitation of in-game mechanics or any action that intentionally goes against or abuses the game design. The application of game restrictions will always be done to protect a positive and fun gaming environment and will be applied after careful investigation and internal deliberation.

no matter how bad the game/matchmaking is, never, ever leave the game (unless you're sunk). There may be times that you might be able to win an impossible match. But, if it was something like a 5-10 times losing streak, it is time to take a break from the game, not abandoning your teammates just because you don't like the matchmaking. It just shows how irresponsible you are as a player.

Also, look what happened to this guy when he complained about ocean map, and preferred to leave the match rather than helping. link: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/13878-we-acknowledge-afkidling-cleaning/page__st__20#topmost

Understand the AFK issue is a problem but it's due in part to the most obvious problem with the game "choice", two reasons i am found to be AFK. 1. Hate the map Ocean (like watching paint dry) 2. Enter game and find i am 3 tiers down. Don't like the idea of now been forced to play, it's my choice and at the moment i only get seconds to opt out of game or be banned. I think you need to rethink the way the game starts up and give us all a much better choice of whether we like the matchmakers suggestions.

As expected a ridiculous reply ....

You missed the fact i used the word choice three times being my choice, don't tell me what i should do. I only want other options instead of been forced to play an uncomfortable matchmaker option that's all before you ban me. It's meant to be fun for the player's not just game developers.  

If you think his reply was ridiculous then you wont like mine.

You are as much of a problem as the bots.  Quitting out of a game because you don't like it puts more pressure on your team mates so I would be cheering WG if they banned players like you as well.

In this case, You may be breaking Rule 5.07 in combination with Rule 6.05 declared in this official ASIA thread as you are not actively participating in the game but still actively earning defeat/win credits and experience (unless that is you abandon the match rather than just AFK)

This is possibly a bannable offence.

Just remember that YOU are NOT FORCED to play the game, as YOU are the one who presses the "Battle" button and enters the game.

3 Tiers Down?

Bad Luck

Don't do fail divisions with different tiers

Ocean Map?

Deal With It. 

Don't let down other people who play.

I would also like to advise you to not play at all if you are unhappy with the maps such as Ocean that are supplied to you by WarGaming for your enjoyment.

After all, Video Games are a source of entertainment. Not Frustration as you seem to be demonstrating here.

Edited by HeroOfWind

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

I remember saying to the chaps its at times like that you wish you could opt out of the match after seeing the match-up rather than putting yourself through the inevitable ass-ripping (beating) that is about to ensue. I don't like fore-gone conclusions in games, and I'm pretty sure that nobody else does either, everyone likes to think they have a good chance of winning.

no matter how bad the game/matchmaking is, never, ever leave the game (unless you're sunk). There may be times that you might be able to win an impossible match. But, if it was something like a 5-10 times losing streak, it is time to take a break from the game, not abandoning your teammates just because you don't like the matchmaking.

I do agree with Hero here, that it is unfair to abandon a team no matter the circumstances (aka matchmaking), whether it is in an EULA or not. You can win matches that seem impossible and if not then try and carry as much as possible, I'd rather a player who at least tries rather than gives up straight away. 

783 posts
4,821 battles

I do agree with Hero here, that it is unfair to abandon a team no matter the circumstances (aka matchmaking), whether it is in an EULA or not. You can win matches that seem impossible and if not then try and carry as much as possible, I'd rather a player who at least tries rather than gives up straight away. 

Agreed. I once had an ally NoCar which just gave up upon seeing the MM. (We had 2 DDs while the enemy had 5 TierIX-X DDs.)

He was just lamenting on how unfair it is on chat while not moving. Soon enough a pair of DMs on our side carried and then he moved regaining hope. He dies in just a few seconds since he YOLO'd due to our temporary advantage. We still won the match, albeit with sacrifices(I literally sacrificed myself to delay enemy cap) and he ended up with only 190 base EXP.

It's just sad to see this and I hope most would at least fight it out first before losing hope. I'm sure if that NoCar played normally, it wouldn't have been a nervewracking match and he'd get more than what he lost.

359 posts
2,819 battles

I remember saying to the chaps its at times like that you wish you could opt out of the match after seeing the match-up rather than putting yourself through the

I think he imply he won't opt out, but wish he can.

Oh I remember a heat discussion in the mod's afk thread. I strongly disagree with afk for lower tier MM.

As for MM. I play no BB -can't comment

For CL- everything outrange me are cheating!. I mean I grumble to myself when I saw those higher tier BB/CA

For IJN DD and CV that don't trade hp for damage. I actually like being bottom tier. More xp that way. But there's a little line. CA of tier 5 and 6 has a big difference that the latter has Defensive AA fire.

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

As for MM. I play no BB -coa't comment

For CL- everything outrange me are cheating!. I mean I grumble to myself when I saw those higher tier BB/CA

Time for you to try out the RU CL's, especially tier 5-7 :trollface:

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Ofc When I outrange someone. I just play the game mechanic-no cheating at all!:teethhappy:

it feels even better when you burn yamatos with khabarovsk (be that annoying prick to all players, and run away with 48.5kts:trollface:)

634 posts
6,218 battles

it feels even better when you burn yamatos with khabarovsk (be that annoying prick to all players, and run away with 48.5kts:trollface:)

Udaloioneshotyamato.gif:ohmy:

#neverforget

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

This. The range difference is too much most of the time.

mlfw3445_medium_zpsvvcjtblt.jpg

Most people underestimate the value of their ship.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

about being under tiered

it is still depends on  the ship capability and player skills (but less affected)

for example bringing tier 4 ship to tier 8 battle may sounds stupid, but how about i bring Isokaze? the outcome may be different

and another inverted example bringing Mutsuki and Hatuharu to tier 9 or even 10 battle, they won't stand a chance much

most Cruiser with fast firing gun are (mostly) the same when facing BB, HE Spam...

no matter the tier or the nation, they will do that (i'm watching you Kutuzov..) and no matter the tier and the nation of the target, so even Kuma can burn Yamato to dead with proper strategy (player skills)

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

MM is a fickle god.

A god that's sometimes running sober, hence the weird tier mismatches. Give it more potatoes and alcohol.

In any case, objectively inferior ships can still win against higher tier ships provided the player uses them correctly. Feels like whenever I see two ships duking it out, the higher-tier ship wants to broadside to use all his guns- As if to make the tier advantage visible. Suffice to say, the arrogant sod sunk like a rock while complaining about how useless his '2-tiers higher' armor is; this isn't WoT.

Even with that example, it's not going to help my psyche if I get uptiered to fight Yamatos and Shimakazes in my Buki as though I murdered a basket full of puppies in my past life. Those secondaries... *Sniffle*

As for distribution, I don't mind having only 1 DD or BB in the team so long as the team doesn't penguin behind islands or the corners of the map. A decent player knows when to push- Seems like people forget that higher-tier torpedoes reload after 1-2 minutes, which is frankly more than enough time to advance. Less DDs mean more CAs- And some of the said CAs have hydroacoustic to lead pushes into tor-pedo land. Unfortunately, the most common reaction to torpedoes is "Wall of torps!11!! Retriiiitt to crner off map!!!" while getting shot at as their guns are still traversing to compensate for their 180-degree turn.

Let me tell you this: From most of the successful random battles I've seen, from both my side and the enemy's, it's usually divisions that carry the game, not the tier. MM once plopped me into a match with a triple-Kongo div on our team in the Ocean map whilst the enemy team had a Colorado and a Nagato- From the looks of their HP, they were clearly upgraded hulls, yet this band of lunatics lead a charge in the center of the ****ing Ocean map while getting shot at from more than 5 CAs and both the Colorado and Nagato- Only one survived the end of the match, but they were the only casualties the team suffered and stole all three top spots in the team. I shamelessly tried to add them to my contact list, but they only spoke moonrunes. Scary. Japs are scary.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Let me tell you this: From most of the successful random battles I've seen, from both my side and the enemy's, it's usually divisions that carry the game, not the tier. MM once plopped me into a match with a triple-Kongo div on our team in the Ocean map whilst the enemy team had a Colorado and a Nagato- From the looks of their HP, they were clearly upgraded hulls, yet this band of lunatics lead a charge in the center of the ****ing Ocean map while getting shot at from more than 5 CAs and both the Colorado and Nagato- Only one survived the end of the match, but they were the only casualties the team suffered and stole all three top spots in the team. I shamelessly tried to add them to my contact list, but they only spoke moonrunes. Scary. Japs are scary.

Burning Love!!!!!!

about being under tiered

it is still depends on  the ship capability and player skills (but less affected)

for example bringing tier 4 ship to tier 8 battle may sounds stupid, but how about i bring Isokaze? the outcome may be different

and another inverted example bringing Mutsuki and Hatuharu to tier 9 or even 10 battle, they won't stand a chance much

I think only Isokaze, Minekaze and Kamikaze that able to withstand > +2 tier battle... because if they stay undetected, their torp will becoma a deadly weapon.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Burning Love!!!!!!

I think only Isokaze, Minekaze and Kamikaze that able to withstand > +2 tier battle... because if they stay undetected, their torp will becoma a deadly weapon.

tier 8, because there is no Radar yet

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

People complain about MM because when you are anonymous, it's easy to complain about trivial things.

Also, it seems to be trendy to bash games and their Devs.

Sign in to follow this