You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hormone1971

Fuso Review

16 comments in this topic

19 posts
4,234 battles

After reading various posts on the Fuso, I wanted to give me 2 cents.

The stock Fuso hull is OMG – TERRIBAD.

The first 2 fights filled me with dread at having to soldier on in the hull to the next Tier.

I kept getting killed just getting into range. You have to start hiding or keep the enemy occupied while you move into range.

There is light at the end of the tunnel and oh boy, its  great light.

Hull A is woeful.

Hull B is so so so so so much better.

Hull C with all upgrades is a great ship.

Good range, and great damage output.

I don’t pretend to be a great player but have 1 volleyed cruisers with this ship many times.

So overall, the Fuso is great but just suck it up and once you get Hull B, all will be much better.

892 posts
7,853 battles

This. And PvE is a nice change of pace once in a while too.

​The only times I PvE is for testing newly unlocked ships, if at all

Super Tester
2,725 posts

We, who got Fuso, really experienced that challenge. And yes, some of us may free exp the rest of the research points upon player's tolerance limit.

I actually gained some thousands of exp before I decided to free exp to next hull upgrade.

Edited by Mingfang47

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

i grind Fuso from Kongo and to use new comander... so it is hell... but now she still my 3rd best ship. 

if you playing a stock BB, going in a division really matter. doing a solo mean you will die withoud having a good exp point, but by making a division , you ensure that you are a 3 ship going and coordinate together .

it really boost your survability, your damage rate, and win rate.

if you can, do division with 1 CL, and 1 DD for the best result

PS: now i already have full upgrade Nagato. and i survive the stock hull by making division.

Edited by XP_On

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Free exp is your friend.

Stock hulls on BBs and CAs? Free exp~

Stock torpedoes and/or guns on DDs? Free exp~

Stock planes on a CV? Free exp~

Free exp is the ultimate shortcut to all the painful stock grinds- No prem? No worries. Just resist the urge to not use 10k free exp to skip 10k worth of research to the next ship you unlock.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Free exp is your friend.

Stock hulls on BBs and CAs? Free exp~

Stock torpedoes and/or guns on DDs? Free exp~

Stock planes on a CV? Free exp~

Free exp is the ultimate shortcut to all the painful stock grinds- No prem? No worries. Just resist the urge to not use 10k free exp to skip 10k worth of research to the next ship you unlock.

so it is better to grind each exp using a full upgrade ship until you got enough to unlock next tier and use the free exp to skip the stock hull?

451 posts
6,946 battles

That is the general rule, yes

The exception to the rule is ijn DDs, to a certain extent

Edited by Kleiss

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

No, more like use free exp to skip painful stock grinds- Not necessarily with a fully-upgraded ship.

For example, in a situation where I researched all the modules for a ship, but I still need 70k exp to unlock the next ship, rather than using both normal exp and free exp like this: 60k+10k free exp, I'll just unlock the next ship with only normal exp, so rather than researching the next ship now with 60k+10k, it'll end up being 70+11k- With the 11k being used to unlock the researched ship's next module rather than going through the stock grind.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

No, more like use free exp to skip painful stock grinds- Not necessarily with a fully-upgraded ship.

For example, in a situation where I researched all the modules for a ship, but I still need 70k exp to unlock the next ship, rather than using both normal exp and free exp like this: 60k+10k free exp, I'll just unlock the next ship with only normal exp, so rather than researching the next ship now with 60k+10k, it'll end up being 70+11k- With the 11k being used to unlock the researched ship's next module rather than going through the stock grind.

Now i kinda regret that i use free exp to skip Omaha from Phoenix in order to get Cleveland......

what a waste.....

the reason why i skip her is to finish the kill 30 DD back in January. LOL

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

when you try to research the next tier ship, it have exp cost right? if you dont have enough exp from the previous tier, the game will ask if you want to use free exp to unlock the ships (assuming you have enough free exp)