Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SZYZWY

Is the Grass really greener on the other side?

7 comments in this topic

783 posts
4,821 battles

We tend to hear stories on how things(mainly gameplay) on the other servers are. These stories by default are anecdotal and it is up for interpretations. The best thing to do in order to know about it is to actually play on that server and form our own opinion. Since I doubt most could spare the time to do that, I'd like to present a data collection following a really liberal interpretation on how things on the other servers are compared to ours.

This is gonna be a long post with lots of numbers. Main data will come from Warships.Today and will focus on Tier 7 and Tier 8 CVs

I will be presenting the 2weeks data of their average performance and compare them with other servers. :hiding:

I will also present the data of the top 10 players in both WTR rating and Win Rate and see how the players that bring the ship to her maximum potential USUALLY fares against the "meta" of the server on a later post if needed.

Rationale:

Why CVs? I believe they are the class most affected by gameplay that actually translates into numbers. If the enemy team goes maximum teamplay, the CV will have reduced numbers. If the enemy players decide to go off alone everytime, then the CV will get higher numbers. With enough number of games, a trend on how games are is seen just by comparing average damage done. There are also other stats it can incorporate to.

It is important to note USN with specialized loadouts skew the data so much that it becomes really unreliable. This goes much more especially for the high tier ones. But we can use the skewed data to our advantage. Hiryu and Shoukaku having a predominant 2/2/2 loadouts will also serve as a reference or benchmark for this.

Only Two weeks worth of average player data will be used in order to gauge their performance better by not including any substantial buffs/nerfs/changes.

I'll be starting on the T7 numbers to represent "Mid" Tier as I'll be calling it from this point forward

On the Asia Server:

7oa7mKQ.png

On the NA server:

9XA8ZZ0.png

On the RU server:

mk6qkY0.png

On the EU server:

kMoaiig.png

I'd like to point out that there's a lack of Aircraft Carrier battles on the RU server. The class itself is relatively less popular than the other servers. Then looking at the damage caused, we can see that the EU server has the highest while the Asia server has the lowest even when the NA server has USN ship popularity going for it meaning more +AA. But then again, looking at the average plane kills, it seems the CVs from the Asia server prioritize killing enemy planes more which leads to the damage output being gimped on both sides.

Another thing I'd like to bring to attention is the survival percentages. The Asia server has a 'marginal advantage' in survivability over EU and NA which are identical. The RU server has it lowest which backs up the claim of their aggressive playstyle.

Tidbit: It is also only our server where the Saipan beats out the Hiryu.

Now to begin with the T8 CVs

On the Asia Server:

UuwUdms.png

On the NA server:

T5BcD30.png

On the EU server:

S6xF3F1.png

EDIT: Rearranging

Edited by SZYZWY

783 posts
4,821 battles

[Continued]

On the RU server:

3TVLOXJ.png

Here, we see that most of the trends are still carried upon up to tier 8.
The Asia server still prioritizes plane kills more which is more evident on Lexington's Plane kill numbers which are substantially better. This would mean more players use the strike loadout in the other servers than here. I can surmise that the RU server has a majority of "Strike" Lexingtons due to its average damage being greater than their Shokakus. 
With the battles played however, it is obvious that only the EU server enjoys a substantial amount of CV games.

Well, that's it for the average numbers. The findings however are pretty minimal. The only things I can infer from them is that:

The Asia server tends to have more defensive oriented CVs and/or gameplay in general. You'd think with the majority of ships being IJN with lackluster AA that CVs of the same tier would wreck, but it seems not.
The RU server stuck to its reputation of having a more aggressive meta due to how the loadouts of the USN CV is leaning on Strike. Their survivability also took a dive meaning they have more close range engagements.
The NA and EU server have identical numbers in general. I can attribute the EU's higher damage outputs due to how USN ships are more popular in the NA region hence more AA else I think they follow the same gameplay meta.

I most likely won't be posting the Top10 numbers(both in WTR and win rate) since I could only get so much from the average numbers and I would assume that they still follow the trend seen which would result in the same conclusions.

Well, that's it. Thanks for the read.
I only started this for fun and out of curiosity anyway. If specific ships from specific servers have VERY different numbers, they might be good gauges of how games are played there too and would be nice to look into too I guess.

EDIT: DONE

Edited by SZYZWY

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

it is like there is no place better than the other place, just different condition

There is a place that too hot, too cold, too dry, too humid, too quite, to lively ,etc

56 posts
4 battles

We tend to hear stories on how things(mainly gameplay) on the other servers are. These stories by default are anecdotal and it is up for interpretations. The best thing to do in order to know about it is to actually play on that server and form our own opinion. Since I doubt most could spare the time to do that, I'd like to present a data collection following a really liberal interpretation on how things on the other servers are compared to ours.

Incoming anecdotal evidence.

Myself, I primarily play on NA... there's definitely a lot of CV players that use the no fighter all attack loadouts that I face and people are less likely to take a AS loadout as the genral consensus over here is it is boring and doesn't do enough damage to be rewarding.  It's interesting that it's actually supported by the numbers and I feel like an outlier thinking that shooting down other fighters with yours is the best way to increase your damage production by keeping your own planes from being shot down.

WeLzACL.jpg

I'm always curious on how the other servers are with AP/HE as well... 

Hearing the devs' stats (on RU) doesn't always paint the same picture as to what we experience.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Saipan OPness confirmed.

I think one of the more uh... 'Reliable' ways to see gameplay trends is to sneak a peek into the other servers' general discussion forums.

Considering how the forums are only ever visited by those who frequent the game, aside from the occasional newcomers, their experience with their server is reflected in their posts.

I mean, what better way to learn how someone lives than by going there an asking(Though in this case, skulking) yourself?

783 posts
4,821 battles

Incoming anecdotal evidence.

Myself, I primarily play on NA... there's definitely a lot of CV players that use the no fighter all attack loadouts that I face and people are less likely to take a AS loadout as the genral consensus over here is it is boring and doesn't do enough damage to be rewarding.  It's interesting that it's actually supported by the numbers and I feel like an outlier thinking that shooting down other fighters with yours is the best way to increase your damage production by keeping your own planes from being shot down.

Well, if you are good at shooting down planes, against an average CV player, then you'd steady your own average damage but then limit the enemy's. So in server stats, that generally decreases overall average damage production. :)

I'm always curious on how the other servers are with AP/HE as well... 

Hearing the devs' stats (on RU) doesn't always paint the same picture as to what we experience.

I'd want to know that too. There was one pic of overall average damage taken by class floating around the RU server for some time. Hope they release another.

Saipan OPness confirmed.

I think one of the more uh... 'Reliable' ways to see gameplay trends is to sneak a peek into the other servers' general discussion forums.

Considering how the forums are only ever visited by those who frequent the game, aside from the occasional newcomers, their experience with their server is reflected in their posts.

I mean, what better way to learn how someone lives than by going there an asking(Though in this case, skulking) yourself?

Let's just say that their general discussion section aren't really the best at minimizing bias. That said, I just like to dabble with the numbers and see what they mean for myself too. :hiding:

EDIT: [i visit EU, NA forums regularly]

Edited by SZYZWY

Sign in to follow this