Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pseudoscope

How to play Baltimore?

4 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
45 posts
6,581 battles

Hi all, 

Just wanted to know how you play/ed your balitmore and if it is indeed a sh*t ship or if I need to do something different. Most games I ave ~30k damage if I'm lucky. Great games ~50k (very rare) 

Let me know what you think/how you play 

Cheers

Pseudo

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

I dont have her myself, but the way that most of my friends play it is to lower it's concealment to a max, USN AP shells hurt like a hell, espically when fired from ~10km

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Well the Baltimore is a ship that would take a lot of skill to play. I originally intended to make this ship an AA build but since there arnt much cv playing i think im just going to strip off thr AA upgrades and swap to gun upgrades instead. my current set up is main battery mod 1, gun range, aa damage, damage control, rudder upgrade and concealment. the concealment really helps when you run into ijn cruisers without the upgrade and also helps when you have to run away from situations too hot to handle. If anything is broadside (except dd unless russian at close range) use AP, as you can hit ___ cits and massive damage.. If you run into an iowa or north carolina try to hit AP around their rear torrent because you cit it very easily below 11km. for consumables use hydro and radar, unless you are in a div with a BB or CV. most cv sont target you because you are USN so dont worry about aircraft attacks. For your comancer, go situation awareness, BFT, last stand, super ntendent, AFT then jack of all trades. Avoid one on one duals with german CA of same tier or higher, dont 1v1 yamato and NEVER 1vq a Des Moines. Use yiur arc to shoot ver islands since you get over 19km range with upgrade and your main role is to hund dd with radar and provide AA (i mean 18 km range, but my ipad browser is glitched so i cant change the text. Sorry for all the spelling mistakes and stuff, this browser is too unreliable :/)

good luck in your baltimore, if you want we can go in a division together and i will show you how it is played for maximum potential

266 posts
5,142 battles

1. Take concealment module and concealment expert. She's a very stealthy ship.

2. Don't go AFT unless you want to be a dedicated AA support ship. Take Demolition Expert instead to increase your chance against battleships.

3. Don't snipe with Baltimore, you won't hit anything. Get close to under 10 km and you will decimate other cruisers aside from tier 10s.

4. Use islands to cover your advance, don't stay in open water. You can also shoot from behind island, much like an Atlanta.

5. Use AP a lot, especially against cruisers. USN AP have very good penetration. Get close enough, and you can do this :

d5WRGhI.jpg

Sign in to follow this