Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Question for DD players

42 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Ok here's a question for all you DD players out there,

When you play your DD and you fire your torps off at a ship, have you ever noticed how sometimes the Torps track is all weird?

when I say weird I mean, while the torps are in the water have you noticed sometimes that they don't always go evenly spaced apart?

Some times I have noticed that on the kegero for example, when I fire the 4 torps, that sometimes you get 2 tracking together and the other 2 tracking together and they leave a big space in the middle between them and a gap big enough for a Yamato to be able to sail thru the gap and not be hit by a torpedo?

Or you get 3 torps evenly spaced apart and then the 4 torp is off by it self and leave a big space between them? with 3 off together and the 4th one all by its lonesome?

I guess RNG effects the torpedos as well like it does with dispersion for guns, not that WG has said anything about torpedos having dispersion.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

yes, i noticed

even clearer when you use wide spread one

it has been like that since... Beta Weekend(?)

that's the only major RNG that DD have. but seems not amusing

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Ok here's a question for all you DD players out there,

When you play your DD and you fire your torps off at a ship, have you ever noticed how sometimes the Torps track is all weird?

when I say weird I mean, while the torps are in the water have you noticed sometimes that they don't always go evenly spaced apart?

Some times I have noticed that on the kegero for example, when I fire the 4 torps, that sometimes you get 2 tracking together and the other 2 tracking together and they leave a big space in the middle between them and a gap big enough for a Yamato to be able to sail thru the gap and not be hit by a torpedo?

Or you get 3 torps evenly spaced apart and then the 4 torp is off by it self and leave a big space between them? with 3 off together and the 4th one all by its lonesome?

I guess RNG effects the torpedos as well like it does with dispersion for guns, not that WG has said anything about torpedos having dispersion.

as far as i realize....the path of torps depend from which tube i shot... and also the speed i was running...

the path will be normal if i was stationed inside smoke screen

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Nope. Its a defined pattern.

We did a training room. The torp spread is always consistent.

How can it be consistent when 3 are together and the 4th one is off by it self leaving a big gap between the 3 and the 4th one? or if its 2 and 2 with a big gap in the middle?

its really simple to see in game as there are always torps in the water and if you look you will see what I'm talking about and its always the gaps that allows the ships to miss and not hit the torp.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

yes, i noticed

even clearer when you use wide spread one

it has been like that since... Beta Weekend(?)

that's the only major RNG that DD have. but seems not amusing

most times I use the close spread not the wide one, so all torps should be evenly spaced between each one, not have 3 together and 1 off by it self or in a 2 and 2 formation with big gap in the middle of them.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

How can it be consistent when 3 are together and the 4th one is off by it self leaving a big gap between the 3 and the 4th one? or if its 2 and 2 with a big gap in the middle?

its really simple to see in game as there are always torps in the water and if you look you will see what I'm talking about and its always the gaps that allows the ships to miss and not hit the torp.

Most 4th tube launchers has the 4th right most torpedo spread away from the 3.

This is a consistent pattern.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

Personally I haven't noticed, but now that you pointed it out I'll have another look myself, is it for all DD's and launchers for 4 or more torps?

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

DD torpedoes are one of the few things in the game that have minimal RNG.

Their spread pattern is always consistent. Their only RNG is whether they cause flooding or not.

507 posts
9,826 battles

I have noticed something interesting in the Training room.All of the RNG regarding guns or Torpedo's in very minimal.Ergo don't trust Training room simulations with actual live battles.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Most 4th tube launchers has the 4th right most torpedo spread away from the 3.

This is a consistent pattern.

ummm no, cuz the battle I was just in, using the Kagero, not once did I get the 3 and 1 torp spread. I did have 1 spread that was 2 & 2 spread.

Super Tester
630 posts
9,481 battles

I have noticed this myself as well, I could go into my replays hunting for a screenshot but I have seen this happened to me and I am not sure what causes it, It's pretty rare tho and doesn't bug me at all.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Personally I haven't noticed, but now that you pointed it out I'll have another look myself, is it for all DD's and launchers for 4 or more torps?

I think its mainly higher tier DDs, ive not played enough lower tier DD to noticed it but I'm assuming it would be torpedos of 3 or more.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

I have noticed this myself as well, I could go into my replays hunting for a screenshot but I have seen this happened to me and I am not sure what causes it, It's pretty rare tho and doesn't bug me at all.

I would assume it has something to do with RNG ?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

From what i feel, Torpedoes pattern is effect by RNG also the damages deal (it also depense on which part you hit but even with almost same spot you wont get same about of damages) and flooding

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

From what i feel, Torpedoes pattern is effect by RNG also the damages deal (it also depense on which part you hit but even with almost same spot you wont get same about of damages) and flooding

The damage it deals is a fixed percentage depending on the enemy ship's torpedo defense value.

Yobbo really needs to turn on replays. There's no reason not to anymore after so long other than laziness.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

The damage it deals is a fixed percentage depending on the enemy ship's torpedo defense value.

Yobbo really needs to turn on replays. There's no reason not to anymore after so long other than laziness.

and the fact the devs have stated that there is a problem with replays, hence why they have yet to be added! 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

shot-16.05.11_18.54.37-0635.jpg this is what I would call a normal spread and pretty well even.

shot-16.05.11_18.52.54-0586.jpg this is a 2v2 spread but not as bad as some I have seen as there is only a small gap.

shot-16.05.11_18.52.03-0146.jpgthese torps are from a UdaloI Russian tier 9 DD as it only fires 3 torpedos from its launcher as you can see there is a fairly big gap between one of the torpedos, compared to the other 2 which are close together.

this is the type of gaps I'm talking about that you some times get. it makes it a lot easier to dodge the torps if you are in a ship and you get this type of gap with the torpedos

783 posts
4,809 battles

If I'm gonna reconcile the Training Room results and the Screenshots from yobbo, I'd guess the RNG for torpedoes are in terms of the time launched.

Take a quad launcher for example, maybe they have a time delay for each of the 4 torps to be in between 150ms - 250ms. When stationary, it presents a consistent spread regardless of the time in between each torp drop from a single launcher as it should be. But when moving, the time frame difference will render a spreads like that in yobbo's screenshots.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

well it doesn't seem to matter if you are moving or not moving, it still tends to happen.

I'm just assuming its RNG affecting the spread of the torps . just like the dispersion of shells.

just think if the spread was consistent and the spacing was even all the time, you would get a lot more torpedo hits.

ive lost battles because of spread like these 3v1 and 2v2 etc as the ship dodged the torps easier and yes ive also dodged the torps in a ship because of this as well.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

This does happen no matter what you`re doing.

The torps stay inside the 'white cone' but spread differently every time.

ive had torps go out side of the white cone. if your talking about the aiming cone?

the longer the torps travel the wider the spread is and it goes outside of the aiming cone.

211 posts
9,928 battles

@ Yobo's original post,

Yes uneven spreads happen, from what i notice off the top of my head (without testing ingame)

Is the Torpedos fire Sequentially when manoeuvring hard or launching at sharp angle at speed it distorts the spread

Even in the pictures you posted it looks like those Torpedo's were launched at a sharp angle relative to the launching ship causing a uneven spread with leading/trailing Torpedo's

This is what i believe is happening though i have not looked closely at it ingame,

Try launching straight broadside VS a highly angled launch VS launching while turning sharply and see if there is a difference

Edited by Apex1o1

Sign in to follow this