Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArtickWarspite

Disappointing Match

10 comments in this topic

156 posts
3,368 battles

Hi everyone,

Last night I went to play a T5 match and the game froze on the loading screen and eventually the game crashed. So I restarted the game and once logged in it went back to the loading screen- where I saw that the battle was half way through and I had been sunk. 

So my team mates would have thought me as being AFK as it would appear my ship was in battle- despite not actually getting into the game. 

To make it worse, my team lost, and of course that result and the battles stats (or lack thereof), would go on my record. 

So it's a bit crap that something like that affects your record despite it being completely out of your control, so yeah, a little disappointed about it.

350 posts

Hi everyone,

Last night I went to play a T5 match and the game froze on the loading screen and eventually the game crashed. So I restarted the game and once logged in it went back to the loading screen- where I saw that the battle was half way through and I had been sunk. 

So my team mates would have thought me as being AFK as it would appear my ship was in battle- despite not actually getting into the game. 

To make it worse, my team lost, and of course that result and the battles stats (or lack thereof), would go on my record. 

So it's a bit crap that something like that affects your record despite it being completely out of your control, so yeah, a little disappointed about it.

You're not the only one. The only difference is my team won even without me in it.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles

You're not the only one. The only difference is my team won even without me in it.

Things like that happens, but the worst part is when your camera freezes and everyone seems to move and your boat just runs off the screen... The chat works fine, so its really scary when that happens.

156 posts
3,368 battles

Things like that happens, but the worst part is when your camera freezes and everyone seems to move and your boat just runs off the screen... The chat works fine, so its really scary when that happens.

Can't say I've had that happen. I have had the ships freeze and everything else still works. That happens right before the game either crashes or I get thrown off the server. 

Once I did manage to get back into that game, there was an empty ocean with a ship lying on it's side bouncing up and down in the distance. Should have grabbed a screenshot, but never mind..

At any rate, It makes me feel a bit better that this isn't an isolated issue. 

But that said, it's pretty stink that those dud games still count towards your record and stats, I'm a very mediocre player as it is, and games like those hurt. Not quite as much as a traditional RNG losing streak hurts, but you get the idea. 

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Technically whilst your ship was being sunk, you were AFK.

You had the control to press the battle start button, so if things pan out as a win or a loss, AFK or not, its recorded. I think its fine to do that once you select the buttons to battle, engage, etc, etc

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I'm a very mediocre player as it is, and games like those hurt. Not quite as much as a traditional RNG losing streak hurts, but you get the idea. 

Want some advice from someone who considers his own performance below average?

Stats don't matter outside of gaining a quick glance at one's own weaknesses/stengths or utilizing them as an addition(!) to replays and analyzing one's own playstyle.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Hi everyone,

Firstly get a better computer for it only if you could able to afford it, secondly this is not a first time that happen so your thread is simply useless because the updates does not related anything with this, thirdly if you crash one time and defeated one time i don't get it why must you create a useless rant thread with simply one defeat not like you have 10 crash and 10 defeat.

156 posts
3,368 battles

Have you got the screenshot of the crash error you encountered?

No I didn't. Just got the "encountered problem and needed to close" etc etc. 

Technically whilst your ship was being sunk, you were AFK.

You had the control to press the battle start button, so if things pan out as a win or a loss, AFK or not, its recorded. I think its fine to do that once you select the buttons to battle, engage, etc, etc

Definitely see your point there, though anything recorded should by rights start when the battle starts, not when waiting for the battle to start- because at that point, you don't have any control. But yeah, in an ideal world and all that...

Firstly get a better computer for it only if you could able to afford it, secondly this is not a first time that happen so your thread is simply useless because the updates does not related anything with this, thirdly if you crash one time and defeated one time i don't get it why must you create a useless rant thread with simply one defeat not like you have 10 crash and 10 defeat.

Firstly yes, this thread is valid. The purpose of these forums is so players expert and novice alike can interact, share experiences, problems, technical issues, tactics and opinions. I experienced a problem, so I took it to this forum to share it, so anyone else who has experienced it or is yet to experience it can relate to/ or learn from it. 

It is irrelevant whether this issue has happened once or 100 times, and irrelevant that it isn't linked to the latest update, but the fact that it's occurrence led to me pointing out something I don't fully understand more than justifies this thread. 

Sign in to follow this