You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KNEEPAIN

US BB Texas appreciation thread

13 comments in this topic

149 posts

woah....this ship is really good.I dont play BB a lot(stopped at wyoming and kongo) but this ship has 61 AA rating(atleast mine)

Pros:

• good gun placement allowing me to fire all the guns without showing too much of my belly.
  • AA is very good.61 rating for my ship.

Cons 

• horribad turn radius and turret traverse is 48.2 secs for me after expert marksmen.
  • AA is merely Self defense.4.2 km radius.

P.s:My gun range has 15.8 km range i guess.I am having a dilemma between Plotter mod (increases the range by 16%) vs AA mod II (20% max firing range).What do you guys think about it?

Verdict:I like this ship.Though i was the only one in all the 5 battles i played running a Texas BB.

L4ElIyn.png

exXNRvO.png

dLUuEvi.png

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Verdict:I like this ship.Though i was the only one in all the 5 battles i played running a Texas BB.

Personally?

It's a tier V US BB for 20€ when I already have the Arkansas Beta at tier IV and have no issues dodging bombers instead of shooting them down.

That's not value for my wallet, although for others it's probably a good purchase.

451 posts
6,946 battles

it totally outclasses the new york. that's reason enough to get it. i have it now, and it's worth every single cent.

with all the reviews saying it has OP AA you're going to have an easier time concentrating on shelling enemy ships instead of having to worry about CV strikes due to them being less inclined to target you.

hide your fangs and rule with fear. when your enemies get cocky, bare your fangs and make them regret not fearing you.

Edited by Kleiss

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,907 battles

it totally outclasses the new york. that's reason enough to get it. i have it now, and it's worth every single cent.

with all the reviews saying it has OP AA you're going to have an easier time concentrating on shelling enemy ships instead of having to worry about CV strikes due to them being less inclined to target you.

hide your fangs and rule with fear. when your enemies get cocky, bare your fangs and make them regret not fearing you.

Really??

I want it too be good, but I keep getting T6 - T7 matches (Thanks MM go home you are drunk)

It bursts into flames at the first HE hit, and at T7 you are out gunned ( I run the range mod which gets it up to 18k or so) 

The AA is not as advertised, I think most I shot down was 11 in one game, and if you have a half decent CV player manually dropping you cannot escape

8 games - no win, despite posting in one of them 136K damage and 3 ships and 7 cits.

It is one of those ships that just doesn't work for me (decent MM would help, not looking at you Wargaming)

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I also find the AA is pretty lame, it only works so close in that an enemy cv can still swarm you.

One of the aa range upgrades is pretty much a must, and I don't enjoy being bottlenecked into a build, I'd like more freedom when selecting improved skills or mods, much akin to the original PS1 Gran Turismo, building a purely evil super car.

The range upgrade for the main gun is also a must, but the mods options are small, so no big loss there, and it needs the 18kms range to compete with those IJN BB's, that will hit you from 19+kms...

Anyway, back to the Texas. It's really slow, but I haven't really had a problem with slow turrets or the slow turning ship, especially after the ark beta which "feels" kinda similar although a tier less.

I can average more damage with it's AP per battle than the Tirpitz, so thats a plus. Infact, all round, apart from RoF and speed, I'd say she is better than Tirpitz, because having proper AA defenses is a huge plus.

If your reputation alone can keep planes away from your ship, half the battle is won, before it begins.

Verdict, if you like USN, it's a good addition. Even at 12-18kms I can use AP and do much more damage than a smaller bore Tirpitz salvo. 

575 posts
5,354 battles

I really love playing this ship. It is a vast improvement over the New York. This feels like a dreadnought class BB now.

gPqCqEy.jpg

Even though we lost, I had a blast in it. I imagine the credits and XP would've been far more if we had won.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Really??

I want it too be good, but I keep getting T6 - T7 matches (Thanks MM go home you are drunk)

It bursts into flames at the first HE hit, and at T7 you are out gunned ( I run the range mod which gets it up to 18k or so) 

The AA is not as advertised, I think most I shot down was 11 in one game, and if you have a half decent CV player manually dropping you cannot escape

8 games - no win, despite posting in one of them 136K damage and 3 ships and 7 cits.

It is one of those ships that just doesn't work for me (decent MM would help, not looking at you Wargaming)

same for the furutaka, and murmansk? U can't complain about tier matchmaking..only certain ships will get preferntial MM. This ship can hold its own easily. I specced it for AA instead of firing range. Anything that flies gets murdered.

7 posts
12,997 battles

Really??

I think even with great AA ratings, most will benefit greatly with the 20% range module and AFT just so the TBs can be engaged farther.

FW

Beta Tester
65 posts
6,437 battles

Hello. Sorry to dig up this thread. I am curious as to why WG didn't include the planes that it carried? Would have been nice. 

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

I only have idea about New York. It's a great ship. I have seen Texas against CV players a lot. Texas AA is pretty good ONLY against T4/T5 CV. Your insane AA is not going to do jack **** against experience T5-T7 carriers who usually don't just fly over your ship, they come and drop quickly in a group. You will shoot down some, but not before they unload everything on you. 

Now, New York could shoot something like 18.1Km with range upgrade which is much more needed. AA range upgrade is not needed at all. You have to take the range upgrade cause of two main reasons:

1. Enemy CV will think you are blind youtube glory follower and buffed AA and probably not come after you.

2. You can dodge a lot of air attacks too even without the AA upgrade.

So, like someone said above, take the range upgrade. You will see the difference is day and night.

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,907 battles

Really??

Ummm....er. .....(kicks the ground and looks embarrassed) glad you resurrected this thread

Have got the hang of this ship now and it is great - despite being out tiered it holds its own.

(Shrugs) I was a little quick in forming my opinion 

451 posts
6,946 battles

The texas has monstrous aa. But the aa is short range. That is the problem. It cannot defend anyone else, so u have to choose between artillery plotting and aa range for this. It does have a better arc on one of the rear guns, and that is huge