Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
petee

Got Reported in a Carry Game.

28 comments in this topic

507 posts
9,827 battles

So i was in my ryujo and was against an Independence who was running 201 and another Zuiho. As usual was having a hard time with those indi-planes.

So i decided to target a destroyer on the other end and failed 2 times. Now this dd player in chat challenges me to come kill him. So first i finish off his ally fuso while he attacks my friendly bogue. I manage to kill that dd and say the same in the chat.While we were gonna lose that game anyway one bb manages to get close to their cv and finish him off so i quickly buckle up and kill or end the rest of them with no one to challenge me. After this match i see in the notifications and find i was reported 7 times ! 

what wrong did i do? Saying that i ended him as he wanted is wrong?

l62MjnA.pngg4uZ4UJ.png

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Who cares?

In-game reports at best bring accounts to the support team's attention, without any real proof of cheating/hacking I doubt there'll be much happening.

507 posts
9,827 battles

Who cares?

In-game reports at best bring accounts to the support team's attention, without any real proof of cheating/hacking I doubt there'll be much happening.

I guess its not something to worry about but 7 reports in one game, thats a lot.

I've a feeling that general discussions forum has been mostly used for venting/ranting lately...

Umm how is this a rant? Mind explaining? You got a better idea than asking other good players for advise? 

783 posts
4,819 battles

I guess its not something to worry about but 7 reports in one game, thats a lot

From what you mentioned, 7 reports really are a lot. Those kinds of situations can net 2 reports I guess depending on how things turn out but 7 is excessive I agree. Unless someone spammed the report button against you and it is registered as a total of 7 even if only 1 or 2 people actually did.

Being reported is nothing to worry about anyway unless you care about the karma system.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

been in that situation 3x.  i got reported from nailing common sense in my teammates' empty heads and got chat banned 3x from carrying game and being top player.

too much bthcing here in this game, both forums and in-game. we just can't do anything about stupidity and over-sensitivity since we live in i-got-offended era.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

I guess its not something to worry about but 7 reports in one game, thats a lot.

Unless you were hurling abuse in chat, there's nothing to worry about. Just shrug it off.

been in that situation 3x.  i got reported from nailing common sense in my teammates' empty heads and got chat banned 3x from carrying game and being top player.

Depends on what you call "nailing common sense". For example, throwing around insults and derogatory comments isn't really helping and would just cop you a chat ban.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Being reported is nothing to worry about anyway unless you care about the karma system.

Exactly this, I use to take pride in the amount of karma points I had (currently 22) but after the same thing happened to me twice, ie. being reported 7 times in a match, once by a foul mouthed racist whom I put in his place much to the delight of players from both teams and the other by 4 BB players that I sunk when it was them against just me in a DD and they thought they were certain to win.

The report/karma system is useless and of little consequence and I only use it to compliment those that play well or for bots and cowards in the vain hope that something is done, but I don't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

783 posts
4,819 battles

Exactly this, I use to take pride in the amount of karma points I had (currently 22) but after the same thing happened to me twice, ie. being reported 7 times in a match, once by a foul mouthed racist whom I put in his place much to the delight of players from both teams and the other by 4 BB players that I sunk when it was them against just me in a DD and they thought they were certain to win.

The report/karma system is useless and of little consequence and I only use it to compliment those that play well or for bots and cowards in the vain hope that something is done, but I don't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

I still take some form of pride with my karma points, mostly for a feel-good thing. Being reported sucks a lot but being complimented helps remind me of continuing with (struggling) teamplay during matches.

I just veer off from chat when some loudmouth keeps hurling insults or incomprehensible plays. The worst are those "allies" that give off your position due to rage.

Even with that tendency though, it doesn't stop me from non-stop pinging an ally DD that's 20km away from engagement until he gets annoyed in order to get him to do a DDs real job, reports be damned.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Umm how is this a rant? Mind explaining? You got a better idea than asking other good players for advise? 

Summarized as: "I carried the team, but I got reported for no good reason"

I mean, what sort of advice do you expect normal forum people to give? You're clearly disappointed by the injustice of being reported despite carrying your team. This is clearly a rant.

---

It's not going to end in a ban, you worrywart. Reports are investigated before penalties are applied. Go on and continue fighting without any worries.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

7 report?
all from 1 person

coz that person has got NTR-ed

okay, why only 7 report?

coz 1 person can report 7 times in a day.. and u can report it more than once in one battle, and more than once to one person

so yeah.. u can report 7 times to some1 in 1 battle... and u can get reported 7 times to by some1 that got buthurt from u 

commend also limited to 7 times a day.

[LBAS]
4,475 posts
25,652 battles

Who cares?

I've a feeling that general discussions forum has been mostly used for venting/ranting lately...

I got 1 but when I am a CV, Ryujo.1/2/2

I have not enough planes to carry anti air but I do what must to do and win the battle, I think the only one who report me is BB.

It easies to see because enemy team's CV is Indie and my FT no match, so I cant attack and defend.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I doubt any self aware person on this planet would ever give more than two cakes about the karma system.

One would need to be really desperate to take something like this into regards for one's happiness.

I.e. just another "I can click buttons \o/" feature. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Must say this is not a rant :hiding:

I know how to rant and this isn't one.:trollface:

if they are going to continue with the karma then maybe they need to make it so you can only report 1 person once only per battle.

Also have more choices to choose from and not just the 3 they have now,   it is very easy to abuse and a player who gets 7 kills and not say a word to any other player can be reported and loose karma points for no reason at all.

or maybe they need to just get rid of the karma and then not have this problem at all.

211 posts
9,931 battles

Take it as a Compliment, you made that DD so mad that he spammed the report button at you lol.

Some people are just poor sportsmen.

783 posts
4,819 battles

Must say this is not a rant :hiding:

I know how to rant and this isn't one.:trollface:

if they are going to continue with the karma then maybe they need to make it so you can only report 1 person once only per battle.

Also have more choices to choose from and not just the 3 they have now,   it is very easy to abuse and a player who gets 7 kills and not say a word to any other player can be reported and loose karma points for no reason at all.

or maybe they need to just get rid of the karma and then not have this problem at all.

I agree with the more choices, but I think the Karma system already takes that into account. A single person may report you 7 times in one day but it only affects your karma once for that same day. Not like that has an effect but I'd just like to point it out. It was mentioned in the RU Q&A.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles

One person spamming report is just gonna drop your karma by one point even if spammed 7 times. But personally, the Karma system is really broken cause people rarely commend other people, they just report when butthurt.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

yeah, me too, i just had a match where i killed 4 guys in my, and another amagi on our team killed another 4 guys, but we still lost, anyways, after i died, i asked the myoko that was sailing along sides of me why he ran away and left me alone to get killed(and we could have kill the other ships), and he started cursing at me calling me a killstealer and how i was noob for takeing on 2 atagos(half health) alone(this is after he turned tail and ran away), anyways, after the match i got reported...:(

109 posts
5,101 battles

Hmm. Why haven't WG implemented a one-time report per person yet? Easy enough right? That would stop those report abusement.

Personally, I've never reported anyone, no matter how bad they played or how salty they were. Instead I saved my daily limit for the very well-played lower tier ships. They deserve it :D

Edited by RepublicTrooper

507 posts
9,827 battles

Great hearing from all of you. In the end it matters if we had fun or not..

the karma system is a little disappointing but I've learned to care less now.. :P

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Personally, I've never reported anyone, no matter how bad they played or how salty they were. Instead I saved my daily limit for the very well-played lower tier ships. They deserve it :D

Daily limits for compliment and reports are separate. You get 7 for reports, 7 for compliments.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

So i was in my ryujo and was against an Independence who was running 201 and another Zuiho. As usual was having a hard time with those indi-planes.

So i decided to target a destroyer on the other end and failed 2 times. Now this dd player in chat challenges me to come kill him. So first i finish off his ally fuso while he attacks my friendly bogue. I manage to kill that dd and say the same in the chat.While we were gonna lose that game anyway one bb manages to get close to their cv and finish him off so i quickly buckle up and kill or end the rest of them with no one to challenge me. After this match i see in the notifications and find i was reported 7 times ! 

what wrong did i do? Saying that i ended him as he wanted is wrong?

l62MjnA.pngg4uZ4UJ.png

Easy as done screenshot the chat or the replay file and send to support and they will take action on it.

Sign in to follow this