Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DLRevan

Secondary batteries aiming point too low

3 comments in this topic

[SMOKE]
Super Tester
274 posts

Issue:   Secondary batteries aiming point too low

Video: 

Pardon the visual mods, shouldn't be an issue seeing the bug.

Ship:  Presumably any ship with secondary batteries
Map: Any
Occurrences:  Always present
Tested: Reproducible, tested with secondaries flag and commander 5 point skill manual secondaries targetingvs various targets. Issue was also highlighted on a reddit thread, example stated was for Nagato. Reddit comments also include a

, no mods.

Severity: Medium-High impact, depending on ship being used and commander build. Affects individual ship performance.
Details:  Secondary batteries appear to be aiming too low. This is especially noticeable on T7 and higher ships with the manual targeting skill, where the secondaries gain a significant accuracy upgrade. As can be seen from the video provided, as well as the reddit comments, the secondaries are unable to hit the target even at a short distance of <2km. The shells are obviously hitting too 'low' relative to the target.

Edited by DLRevan

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
13,019 battles

yeah I noticed the same thing in my Iowa, shots going very low and not on target.

and even with all the upgrades and commander skills to improve the secondaries the hit rate does seem low .

even with the so called 60% improvement with the level 5 commander skill doesn't seem to increase secondary hit rate all that much.

[SMOKE]
Super Tester
274 posts

I am certain that it was not like this before. I tested Amagi's secondaries extensively in training room when the manual secondaries skill was first introduced and as far as I can remember all shots were centered on the mid-point of every target ship at the waterline.

Now the aiming point for the secondaries is very far below the waterline. The only shots that hit the target are those that suffer a poor dispersion RNG roll and hit "too high". In a real match, this makes the guns virtually useless on targets that are roughly moving parallel to you, although perpendicularly moving targets may get hit because you are shooting down the length of the target.

Sign in to follow this