Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ColonelRVH

How does Gun Fire Control System Module actually work? Is it worth to Upgrade?

21 comments in this topic

164 posts
5,435 battles

That's the main question. So here is the story:

Lately I've been playing alot with my Izumo and it made me recognized the big change between GFCS mod.1 and mod. 2. For the first time lately when they made change to Izumo top shell, I can actually shoot more accurately than before. Until I upgrade to GFCS mod. 2, It was a hell of experience. I can no longer hit the enemy citadel regularly, more like seriously rare. It was like 2 citadels hit per 10 matches at best.

It was really frustrating as I had no idea what could possibly go wrong. Until I look at the modules again. mod.2 increase range AND ALSO DISPERSION. Honestly I've never been bothered with the stats before (especially the Dispersion), I knew it exists but have no idea how it would affect the gameplay since I always get the upgrades and feel like, they just don't affect much, only the range changes. Then I change back to mod.1 and get a decent as least 1 citadel per match. Really annoying, and misleading. 

Ever since then I always wondered if it was a good idea to upgrade to mod. 2 on my Fuso and Amagi, as they still doing well with it. Just Izumo... And I'm curious about the reason too.

Please share your thought and information regards,

Thanks.

Edited by ColonelRVH

139 posts
5,876 battles

The Dispersion stats is Maximum Dispersion at maximum range. Logically speaking, the further you shoot, the larger the dispersion.

I think it's probably just the placebo effect in your case. 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

actually Ichase has notice something similar too. he haven't played any bb for awhile but when he do. he can't hit a damn thing. but after he remove the accuracy module he started hitting things. he's not sure if its a real bug though.

Edited by yansuki

211 posts
9,931 battles

actually Ichase has nothing something similar too. he haven't played any bb for awhile but when he do. he can't hit a damn thing. but after he remove the accuracy module he started hitting things. he's not sure if its a real bug though.

Removed it from my Warspite and shell dispersion has drastically improved,

164 posts
5,435 battles

actually Ichase has nothing something similar too. he haven't played any bb for awhile but when he do. he can't hit a damn thing. but after he remove the accuracy module he started hitting things. he's not sure if its a real bug though.

I actually experienced it with Kongou, when I use the ARP Kirishima without the GFCS Upgrade <not the main module like my main topic said>, I can fire much more accurately than later Upgrade it. Really Strange.

Thanks for the info btw.

Edited by ColonelRVH

Beta Tester
908 posts

Maybe the RNG rolls are bigger regardless of range.

Don't have module. Small rolls.

Have module. Bigger RNG rolls. Regardless if your 10km out.

So if your a brawler maybe it's better not to equip the FCS

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i mean notice*

actually i remember my kirishima has this issue too. i can still land a citadel or two but most of the shell hit the water around the target or just hit supper structure even i aim lower.

168 posts
5,681 battles

Are we talking about 2 different things here?

1 the fire control module upgrade that you research to increase range might decrease accuracy even at shorter ranges ?

2 the upgrade that you buy with credits to improve accuracy might actually do the opposite ? Because if that's bugged I'm still using heaps of those

164 posts
5,435 battles

Yes 2 different things, the main point of the topic is about the first one though, <research with exp>. 

Yet since people actually feel that there is a problem with the 2nd one like me <GFCS that u get by buying with credits>, so it should be noted to discuss too.

54 posts
7,230 battles

Actually ichase has a new vid up today where he mentions talking to a dev about this, and the response is a little off (you can tell he's a little surprised as well). link below, look around the 2:20 mark.

Edited by Bacca49

164 posts
5,435 battles

Perhaps I will need to wait for the Public Test open then try it, I don't wanna waste my credits for the upgrades :\ Damn.

It've been a long time and we still don't have much knowledge about how dispersion actually works.

168 posts
5,681 battles

Interesting comments in those videos.

Apparently the upgrade only improves accuracy if you "aim well", otherwise the effect is unclear and possibly detrimental? It sound like accuracy is not simply a buff to dispersion. Might be the same mechanism they use for the camo effect on accuracy.

Well if anyone feels like running a bunch of tests I could be interested.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Interesting comments in those videos.

Apparently the upgrade only improves accuracy if you "aim well", otherwise the effect is unclear and possibly detrimental? It sound like accuracy is not simply a buff to dispersion. Might be the same mechanism they use for the camo effect on accuracy.

Well if anyone feels like running a bunch of tests I could be interested.

i don't think so. I have gotten ridiculous dispersion in my nagato while using this mod, to the point where my shells have completely missed USN BBs. Removing it and using the aa gun range mod solved my issue.

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,801 battles

FCS for me is broken, why?

simple actually, WG doesnt follow logic at all, FCS in game functions to decrease accuracy of the guns, not increase it,(while in real life FCS makes the gun more accurate) and additional range only works for the main batteries, doesnt do nada for secondaries

Super Tester
7,553 posts
7,993 battles

That's the thing about random numbers. You cannot complain much about it, cause the default answer you will get is "Its an RNG thing".

Getting the FCS module worked pretty well in New Mex (although it says dispersion will increase in the stats), But then again in Colorado, I cannot hit the red line even at 10Km reliably.

Just don't bother shooting single turret at a time at close ranges. Full salvo works better.

783 posts
4,821 battles

FCS for me is broken, why?

simple actually, WG doesnt follow logic at all, FCS in game functions to decrease accuracy of the guns, not increase it,(while in real life FCS makes the gun more accurate) and additional range only works for the main batteries, doesnt do nada for secondaries

Dispersion is calculated as a unit per meter. It is constant for a ship and will only be changed with the accuracy upgrade or the enemy ship camo.

So say for example it's 10m dispersion per 1km on two ships, "Accuracy" as listed in game will be 100m and 200m for two ships that have ranges of 10km and 20km respectively. Both have the same dispersion and "Accuracy" yet it would seem the 2nd ship is more inaccurate due to having more range.

So when the GFCS upgrade lists a range increase, it does not reduce or increase dispersion in any way. It also does not increase or decrease "accuracy" in-game.

(Assuming same sigma values of course)

Edited by SZYZWY

205 posts
5,305 battles

Does iChase' vid still apply at this moment in time? I mean, do you guys get better results if you don't take Aiming Systems Mod 1?

I have it on my IJN BBs, but if the mod doesn't really work as intended unless you have perfect aim (and I obviously do not have even have good aim, lol), then it would be best to remove it and replace with something else? Maybe the AA or secondaries mod? What do you guys think?

Sign in to follow this