You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hero_of_Zero

Texus is now in Asia premium shop

26 comments in this topic

359 posts
2,819 battles

3 packages include an unbundled

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/premium-shop-20160510/

As a player who free XPed to CV. I left the discussion to you.

Premium Ship Review - USS Texas, by Lert & LittleWhiteMouse

, by iChase
Edited by Hero_of_Zero

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I'm chasing my wallet at the moment, will report back

Edit: Got my wallet back, money still intact..

Honestly i don't think there's anything special on the ship apart from its AA..

Edited by Eurobeat

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

And... I'm not going to T5 with a CV anytime soon...

easy... just think of her as cleaveland. ignore her.. and go targeting the rest of the enemies...., 

359 posts
2,819 battles

And... I'm not going to T5 with a CV anytime soon...

Good point!. Gonna hurry up and done the Coral sea mission. Then I will back to my humble abode of Co-op lol

First game after this, facing a Texus immediately lol

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i'm thinking about buying her instead of atlanta. not really sure which ship is better for seal clubbing... i mean credits earning. but i think texas is better because she has good turret placement (compare to new york) and she has awesome AA. i still have arkansas beta and she's good for earning credit. her only real problem is the absence of AA.

but in all seriousness, i will feel sorry for all the lower tier CV player now. (it also means i can't use my tsuru petan i mean Zuihou to earn credits)

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

well once they get enough money from players who buy it,  they will then go and nerf the damn thing. why you think they have given it good AA for?

So players would buy it and then they will nerf it . haven't you people learnt anything about WG and what they will do to make money from you .

before people have bought it they already saying AA is way to good, so yeah WG know this they are banking on players going wow wicked AA I'm gonna get that and then bam out comes the nerf stick and it will be just another ship.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

well once they get enough money from players who buy it,  they will then go and nerf the damn thing. why you think they have given it good AA for?

So players would buy it and then they will nerf it . haven't you people learnt anything about WG and what they will do to make money from you .

before people have bought it they already saying AA is way to good, so yeah WG know this they are banking on players going wow wicked AA I'm gonna get that and then bam out comes the nerf stick and it will be just another ship.

Funny enough, WG is afraid of buffing prem ship because it's much easier to avoid backlash by keeping a ship UP from the start than buffing the ship to the point of being too OP to keep selling since they can't nerf prem ship because it'll also backlash at them for scamming. Just look at the Gremmyaschy as OP candidate, and Yubari/Sims as UP. 

WG don't nerf premiums anymore, WoT was the result.

The Atago and Tirpitz are borderline OP too, so you might want to grab them before WG remove them from sales forever like Type59 and E-25.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,761 battles

They have shown that they do not like to nerf premium ships.  They would rather never sell them again than nerf them (think Imperator Nikolai).  So I'm not sure where your comment comes from.

As for the Texas, if you like the New York, and want a better version that can is premium, then it's a great buy.  I won't be getting it though.

783 posts
4,819 battles

i'm thinking about buying her instead of atlanta. not really sure which ship is better for seal clubbing... i mean credits earning. but i think texas is better because she has good turret placement (compare to new york) and she has awesome AA. i still have arkansas beta and she's good for earning credit. her only real problem is the absence of AA.

but in all seriousness, i will feel sorry for all the lower tier CV player now. (it also means i can't use my tsuru petan i mean Zuihou to earn credits)

If I remember right, credit earnings are more in line with "damage caused" so Texas as a BB will naturally be better for that.

The AA mechanic makes Texas' AA a bit wonky. Was just in a game where I used my allied Texas to shield my bomber from an incoming fighter and the enemy fighter gets vaporized in less than 5 seconds. A few minutes later, the enemy Zuiho actually targeted the Texas and managed to land 2 TB squadron strikes with only a total of 2 losses(manual dropped so the planes flew in really close). I'm not even mentioning the plenty videos of Texas where she even wrecks higher tier planes. It really is all over the place and all I can say is "RNG too OP!".

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

If I remember right, credit earnings are more in line with "damage caused" so Texas as a BB will naturally be better for that.

The AA mechanic makes Texas' AA a bit wonky. Was just in a game where I used my allied Texas to shield my bomber from an incoming fighter and the enemy fighter gets vaporized in less than 5 seconds. A few minutes later, the enemy Zuiho actually targeted the Texas and managed to land 2 TB squadron strikes with only a total of 2 losses(manual dropped so the planes flew in really close). I'm not even mentioning the plenty videos of Texas where she even wrecks higher tier planes. It really is all over the place and all I can say is "RNG too OP!".

A determined CV driver will eventually get a Texas even with an AA build CO.

But damn it's fun wiping out a few waves of planes before they do get you :red_button:

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Its AA is short ranged, so planes spend very little time in the AA bubble. Less time in AA range = less probability of getting a successful RNG roll.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Its AA is short ranged, so planes spend very little time in the AA bubble. Less time in AA range = less probability of getting a successful RNG roll.

The unfortunate bit is that the longer the ship survives into the battle, the harder it is to kill with planes.

Once had a very close match against a Texas in my Zuiho. I tried dropping from maximum range to minimize casualties, but nein. No one returned alive. Out of the last 3 in their team, that Wyoming was clinging to the Texas for dear life whilst their Bogue was chuckling with a Clear Sky medal while me and a random CV cowered behind the islands with our empty hangars.

All hail cap points.

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

The unfortunate bit is that the longer the ship survives into the battle, the harder it is to kill with planes.

I think you got it backward, in the late stage of a battle it should be easier for planes to kill ships because most of the ships' AA guns are already destroyed.
Edited by CodingSession

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I think you got it backward, in the late stage of a battle it should be easier for planes to kill ships because most of the ships' AA guns are already destroyed.

on the later stage, the TB wont have full capacity anymore... 

if a full 4 TB in 1 squadron cant back alive, what will happen with squadron that have only 1 or 2 TB?

783 posts
4,819 battles

on the later stage, the TB wont have full capacity anymore... 

if a full 4 TB in 1 squadron cant back alive, what will happen with squadron that have only 1 or 2 TB?

It is both. Ultimately depends on how you conserved your planes. If you still have full squadrons capable of bombing then you are in for a party when it's late-game.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Won't exactly help if the ship has over 50 AA installations and almost-full HP.

My point is that if there are high-AA targets, I can always look for something with laughable lower AA ratings as a target. It's something like avoiding Clevelands and Atlantas like the plague until there's literally no other target left. You make a good point that their AA batteries would be partially-crippled, however, that is always not the case- The destruction of AA batteries is also up to RNG, and there's no visible way of telling other than zooming in on the ship and counting the black dots.

I'd also have a smaller plane count later in the match because of enemy AA and enemy fighter squadrons. The thing is, CVs are usually the last to die in a match- If a high-AA ship manages to survive that long, that would effectively force CVs to commit their last strike squadrons as both scouts and AS attackers that would later render them into nothing more than a giant, unarmored target once the last plane gets shot down.