Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wookielord

Why is my Tier 10 DD,cost more to use than i get in cash reward?

29 comments in this topic

96 posts
3,809 battles

Simple question why is my tier 10 russian DD costing more to use than i recieve in credits on average i get 50 to 150 hits with main artillery yet i only recieve 100,000 to 190,000 credits, but cost of repair ect is 200,000 plus... is this a glitch.., if not, very unfair that we recieve bare minimun to use in repairs ??? I t seems lately that the cost in playing my favorate game is becoming very very rich>>>>>ps i have spent at least $500 tp $800 dollars aus here.. At what point do you think,  you have made enough money off one player ??????? befor i get access to all ships or atleast cost reductions for repairs and modules commander skills and commander ship assignments ect??? Am i the only one who thinks that money and cost are starting to get rich.. cheers

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

It's normal. The higher the tier, the higher the maintenance cost. By design, tier Xs are unprofitable unless you perform extremely well and/or are running premium account.

You can finance your high tiers by playing more mid tiers or premium ships which earn more credits.

96 posts
3,809 battles

It's normal. The higher the tier, the higher the maintenance cost. By design, tier Xs are unprofitable unless you perform extremely well and/or are running premium account.

You can finance your high tiers by playing more mid tiers or premium ships which earn more credits.

I have come to realise this . I think its detramental to game play.and to a long time player who has paid my fair share in $money,I think there is no reward or loyalty to me from game devs for my contrabution to the games funding...What do you think???

Beta Tester
125 posts
6,162 battles

Unfortunately it's a business at the end of the day, and your contribution is only noted monthly as a collective by a group of people who don't know or care who you are. It's a business model that has made them multi millionaires, I don't see them changing it.

Sorry to be so blunt, but that's how it is.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I have come to realise this . I think its detramental to game play.and to a long time player who has paid my fair share in $money,I think there is no reward or loyalty to me from game devs for my contrabution to the games funding...What do you think???

That's the way things work, and it's been like this for very very long now. Infact it was made that way to bait players into spending cash (premium time&money for extra credits to fund their tier10), also the very high performance of tier10, further baiting players into getting and playing them and starve them of credits (for premium). :hiding:

Although they are testing reduced repair cost (20%) on tieŕ 8-10 ships on RU, not sure about other servers though.

96 posts
3,809 battles

Unfortunately it's a business at the end of the day, and your contribution is only noted monthly as a collective by a group of people who don't know or care who you are. It's a business model that has made them multi millionaires, I don't see them changing it.

Cheers seems the way of things.. I compare this games desire for cash simular to a one arm bandit a poker machine . All the bells and whistles but with little reward for fan loyalty, just gimmie gimmie cheers

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Cheers seems the way of things.. I compare this games desire for cash simular to a one arm bandit a poker machine . All the bells and whistles but with little reward for fan loyalty, just gimmie gimmie cheers

Let me put it in a way that you understand.

Git gud. It's not exactly difficult to maintain a profit in a Tier 10 ship with premium.

Edited by Haku

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Outside of "Business" there is a game design aspect to it as well.

If all your games gave you profit, then there is no need to "grind" at the mid tiers for credits, meaning over time as players get their tier 8/9/10, they will not play the lower tiers (unless they decide to go another line). This will then make it so the mid tiers will have less players than those at the higher tiers (cause everyone will play their Yamatos over their Kongous)

This "credit drain" will mean the players will need to go back down to the lower tiers 5/6/7 (Tier 8 Prems also) to grind back the credit they burn from playing higher tiers. This means the mid tiers will always have lots of players.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Why is my Tier 10 DD,cost more to use than i get in cash reward?

more like

Why is my DD,cost about the same as the BB?

This question is old, very very old, most successful grindy game always try to make the players play mid tier instead of end tier

I presume you are new to this kind of game, aren't ya?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I not usually losing any credits when playing Tier 10 DD with Premium account and when i actually get a good game i able earning lots of credits (200-300k)

for non-premium my solution (for WoT) is to play 1 round of Tier 8 Premium and another round in Tier 10 (then loop) which can compensate some credits loss when i have a bad game in Tier 10 but with avg game i still earning credits and still be able to enjoy the game without premium.

In my opinion this game cannot be free to play game if you actually want to get serious (play Tier 10, Clan war, etc) you do need to invest some money in this game but is not require to spent on premium every month. 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Simple question why is my tier 10 russian DD costing more to use than i recieve in credits on average i get 50 to 150 hits with main artillery yet i only recieve 100,000 to 190,000 credits, but cost of repair ect is 200,000 plus... is this a glitch.., if not, very unfair that we recieve bare minimun to use in repairs ??? I t seems lately that the cost in playing my favorate game is becoming very very rich>>>>>ps i have spent at least $500 tp $800 dollars aus here.. At what point do you think,  you have made enough money off one player ??????? befor i get access to all ships or atleast cost reductions for repairs and modules commander skills and commander ship assignments ect??? Am i the only one who thinks that money and cost are starting to get rich.. cheers

there are way to lessened the repair bill like equipping that signal flag you got from "its but a flesh wound" achievement and "first blood" achievement.

but still, the best way to earn credits is by Seal Clubbing i mean grinding on lower tier. i got multiple ship on tier V-VI for that.

126 posts
2,724 battles

hehehe, yeps well said Obi, for those of us that have been playing games since the days of Space Invaders at our local milk bar we know there was a time when you could pay your money once by purchasing a console "Atari" maybe and purchase your "River Raid" cartridge and have unlimited fun at no additional cost. In more modern times you could go to your local EB Games and buy a second hand PC game or even brand new game and pay no more than $100.00 for it, go home and play it with no additional cost. Perhaps one day this will be known as the "Golden Age" of gaming, before corporate suits began to pick-pocket us every chance they got.

Great game....love it, to the tune of around $500.00AUD, that's a lot of money for the pleasure of being able to play a pretty great Naval Combat game online, I guess my point is...meh I guess I really don't have a point, more of a gripe really.

Unfortunately you have to play for hours on lower tiers (not what you even want to do, since that's what you have been doing all along) to get the credits that enable you to play that ultimate ship you spent all that time effort and money to get to once or twice maybe. That would at least be worth it if they had, I don't know, the Royal Navy perhaps!

Anyways their all Gods Children I suppose, I hope their children enjoy Harvard...and your very welcome for my contribution to that.

Cheers all

Dan

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

the best way to earn credits is by Seal Clubbing i mean grinding on lower tier. i got multiple ship on tier V-VI for that.

*Sealclubbing*

*Tier V-VI*

Meanwhile I'm sitting around with tier VI-VII ships tops. (._. ) (Non-premium)

hehehe, yeps well said Obi, for those of us that have been playing games since the days of Space Invaders at our local milk bar we know there was a time when you could pay your money once by purchasing a console "Atari" maybe and purchase your "River Raid" cartridge and have unlimited fun at no additional cost. In more modern times you could go to your local EB Games and buy a second hand PC game or even brand new game and pay no more than $100.00 for it, go home and play it with no additional cost. Perhaps one day this will be known as the "Golden Age" of gaming, before corporate suits began to pick-pocket us every chance they got.

All I remember of thy olden times is arcades pumping my allowance out of my wallet with highly enjoyable but ridiculously brutal videogames.

That "Insert coin" message will forever haunt me for the rest of my life.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Here's the general rule practically every high-tier captain has:

You blow up, you get no profit

The exceptions, of course are if you have prem or you destroyed at least 2 ships whilst dealing at least 50% of their health in damage- At practically negligible profit.

Unfortunately, this means no one uses the riskier tactics for fear it'll prematurely land them in the port with a repair bill that needs 3 battles to recuperate from.

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Don't listen to what other people tell you when they say "Git gud" etc. High tier is a horrible place to be at right now and unfortunately, the repair and tax on simply playing is way too high. RU and NA get 25% off T8-T10 repair and great missions with 2x exp every weekend and a flag that gets 5% bonus everything while SEA gets no repair off but ARP missions (which by the way is pointless for people who do not care about a reskinned kongou). The ARP missions that we get are also bad, rewarding 6 point captains (EU got 16 point captains).

But at the end of the day, even if you are good, you can still lose money by coming first which is extremely stupid, promoting the camping meta of high tiers.

2zlc47I.jpg

We both lost 40k credits here.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

*Sealclubbing*

*Tier V-VI*

Meanwhile I'm sitting around with tier VI-VII ships tops. (._. ) (Non-premium)

All I remember of thy olden times is arcades pumping my allowance out of my wallet with highly enjoyable but ridiculously brutal videogames.

That "Insert coin" message will forever haunt me for the rest of my life.

well i don't have ship lower than those tier anymore aside from arkansas beta and  marblehead (which is not that good anymore since the neft of AFT) since i sold them for higher tier ship. currently my highest ship tier is new orleans and benson. i don't have enough money to buy colorado. :( that's why i have to buy premium ship.

i'm only at tier 8 and i'm already struggling for credits (because of playing ship tech lines.)

96 posts
3,809 battles

Outside of "Business" there is a game design aspect to it as well.

If all your games gave you profit, then there is no need to "grind" at the mid tiers for credits, meaning over time as players get their tier 8/9/10, they will not play the lower tiers (unless they decide to go another line). This will then make it so the mid tiers will have less players than those at the higher tiers (cause everyone will play their Yamatos over their Kongous)

This "credit drain" will mean the players will need to go back down to the lower tiers 5/6/7 (Tier 8 Prems also) to grind back the credit they burn from playing higher tiers. This means the mid tiers will always have lots of players.

Not all i think but i see ya point.., I luv playing in my low teir ships because i find the battles a lot more fun and battles are much more closer in proximity and intense... Cheers

96 posts
3,809 battles

more like

This question is old, very very old, most successful grindy game always try to make the players play mid tier instead of end tier

I presume you are new to this kind of game, aren't ya?

No i am not new i have just spent more time in lower teirs help my friends level there ships up..BUT i recently played 15 battles in a row in my teir 10 ship and went from 1500000 million to owing 200000 to fix my teir 10.. thats when i noticed what was happening .. BUT cheers

96 posts
3,809 battles

No i am not new i have just spent more time in lower teirs help my friends level there ships up..BUT i recently played 15 battles in a row in my teir 10 ship and went from 1500000 million to owing 200000 to fix my teir 10.. thats when i noticed what was happening .. BUT cheers

Also i own 45 Ships in this game

96 posts
3,809 battles

Great game....love it, to the tune of around $500.00AUD, that's a lot of money for the pleasure of being able to play a pretty great Naval Combat game online, I guess my point is...meh I guess I really don't have a point, more of a gripe really.

Unfortunately you have to play for hours on lower tiers (not what you even want to do, since that's what you have been doing all along) to get the credits that enable you to play that ultimate ship you spent all that time effort and money to get to once or twice maybe. That would at least be worth it if they had, I don't know, the Royal Navy perhaps!

Anyways their all Gods Children I suppose, I hope their children enjoy Harvard...and your very welcome for my contribution to that.

Cheers all

Dan

Cheers i wish the old $100 Dollar games were back too, i am ashamed to say my investment could be higher like $1000 To $1200 and i dont like it.. It reminds me of playing a poker machine.. Plus here in oz we pay #.30 cents more cause of our dollar to american dollar.. Not a way to show loyaty to those who have invested not just in money but time.. Cheers

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

so, you are new to this high tier battle thingy?!

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Don't listen to what other people tell you when they say "Git gud" etc. High tier is a horrible place to be at right now and unfortunately, the repair and tax on simply playing is way too high. RU and NA get 25% off T8-T10 repair and great missions with 2x exp every weekend and a flag that gets 5% bonus everything while SEA gets no repair off but ARP missions (which by the way is pointless for people who do not care about a reskinned kongou). The ARP missions that we get are also bad, rewarding 6 point captains (EU got 16 point captains).

But at the end of the day, even if you are good, you can still lose money by coming first which is extremely stupid, promoting the camping meta of high tiers.

2zlc47I.jpg

We both lost 40k credits here.

I do agree about that, adjust on other servers clearly proof that there a problems about it :D:D:D

But tbh i kinda feel that WoWs economy is actually better than WoT, i mean i feel that i always short on WoT credits even i did a good job while in a good WoWs game i earn nearly 1M (In Premium Ships) in just around (yea T10 Tank cost 6M while T10 Ship cost 20M lol)

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

695 posts
2,153 battles

lower tiers make credits high tiers cost them makes people play lower tiers as well for better battle population.

Sign in to follow this