You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Velvet_Scarlantina

Tier 8 IJN DD - Akizuki class DD

17 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Seems like there's a slew of premium ships recently released, the latest being CampbelSoupDD and not too long ago USS Saipan.

So I was wondering if it might be possible to put in an Alizuki class DD as a tier 8 IJN premium DD. 

So how do you make Akizuki unique compared to Fubuki?

1. Akizuki's 10cm guns have way better performance than IJN's 127mm guns found on DDs that come after the Fubuki class. So I suggest that Akizuki have a faster ROF than the tier 7 - 10 IJN DD but on par with Blys and also a faster turret traverse on par with Blys. Though it has to be slightly slower than USN turret traverse perhaps?
  2. For the torpedoes, keep it to 10km range. Torpedo speed could be as fast as HatsuneDD's top 10km torpedo? Or basically use HatsuneDD's top 10km torpedo for balance purposes? 
  3. As for stealth and camoflauge rating, somewhere between Blys and Fubuki? And keep the camo equipment slot.
  4. Consumables... Keep to the typical same one that Fubuki uses but include an option for AA barrage since they're designed for that dury. Though since it's primarily a gun DD compared to the IJN DD line, I would forgo the torpedo upgrades for the gun upgrades.

So that's all I have for Akizuki DD

Edited by Velvet_Scarlantina

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

she can be a gunboat AA of IJN DD. faster turret traverse, slower reload but faster shell and higher damage than USN dd shell but not high as IJN dd HE shell. only has 1 torpedo launcher but reload a bit faster.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I'm willing to trade torpedo reload for better gun and shell characteristics

well she can probably have better reload time to balance her only one torpedo launcher. unlike other dd that can use the first torpedo as decoy for the 2nd salvo to hit. she can only have one chance. so i think better torpedo reload is needed.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

well she can probably have better reload time to balance her only one torpedo launcher. unlike other dd that can use the first torpedo as decoy for the 2nd salvo to hit. she can only have one chance. so i think better torpedo reload is needed.

That may be true but my experience with IJN DD is that they're a torpedo-gun platform

What we used to say about not using guns... I'm starting to rethink that just recently

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

That may be true but my experience with IJN DD is that they're a torpedo-gun platform

What we used to say about not using guns... I'm starting to rethink that just recently

i used my guns back in CBT only on against another DD of when firing inside a smoke. hatsuharu,fubuki, and kagerou (never reach shimakaze) have amazing guns, even better than USN guns. it slow turn but their shell travel faster than usn and deal even more damage. they can even kite USN DD since they have more guns on their back.

i'm excited to see IJN gun boat version because of this.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

tcg2Akl.jpg

https://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints-depot/ships/ships-japan/ijn-akizuki-1942-destroyer.png

wow, so she has 4 turrets in total.

this could work

forget about the torpedo, she can be like russian DD. give her decent turret traverse, RoF and she can be a decent gunboat and AA destroyer. her main problem is going to be concealment and her larger size compare to other destroyer.

Edited by yansuki

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

So...

An IJN DD that plays like a USN one? And it only has 4 torpedo tubes?

I can only imagine how wallet warriors would react to having an IJN DD with a bad torpedo loadout and the speed of an American CA.

Mind you, the AA shouldn't be better than a USN AA DD's. Compared to the USN's 127mm AA cannons that enabled it to retain its fire-rate at high-angles due to power-ramming, Akizuki's 100mm barrels have to be lowered every shot.

Sure. Would be interesting to see implemented.

Edited by Stein_Grenadier

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

For Akizuki, I'm willing to forgo any torpedo advantage. 

Her over all AA would be weaker than USN but still stronger than the current IJN DDs.

She's as long as the current DDH Akizuki in service with the JMSDF but almost as narrow as Kagero class. Comparing to Kagero, she's slightly longer than Kagero. So to hide that thing is still possible 

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

I think this DD is quite hard to play. Mostly when i play my catgero, i use guns only. Since i only have 2 quad torpedo tubes. And the reload time for the torps is damn long. 

Balancing this would be hard. Its what i think though

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
Super Tester
1,310 posts

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xlf1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/13139128_1149925945059307_5009233375852953975_n.jpg?oh=7d880210760276f5db913141f32daadc&oe=57A36FEE&__gda__=1470123042_eea3f9676236182b264472aa3a9a7b88

Better view. Looks cute though. 100mm