Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ryzil

How WoWs Could Fix Fail Divisions (similar to WoTs 9.15 Patch) [Discussion Post]

Fail Division Suggestion  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like WoWs to implement a division system similar to what WoT is doing in patch 9.15? (see post for WoT 9.15 patch notes)

12 comments in this topic

216 posts
2,239 battles

So like the title states, WoT in their new 9.15 patch that is coming out is fixing to implement a platooning system that will reward players for platooning sensibly and penalize (not prevent) players that make fail platoons. Now I feel that this is actually a decent idea and could help resolve some of the annoyance that player have when their team is sporting a fail division. Below are the patch notes on the new platoon system for WoT 9.15...

Updated rules of Platoon creation:

• Players can join a battle in a Platoon that has any set of vehicles (regardless of their tiers).

• Players will see a notification in which they are recommended to assemble a Platoon in which all the vehicle are of the same tier (for doing so, the players in the Platoon will receive a bonus to their experience).
  • If all the vehicles in the Platoon are of the same tier, all members of the Platoon will earn a bonus after battle (the amount of the bonus depends on the tier of vehicles in the Platoon: higher tiers mean a bigger bonus).
  • If there is a more than three-level difference between the maximum and minimum tiers of the vehicles in the Platoon, the players in such a Platoon will be penalized in experience (the amount of penalty is larger, the higher the difference in tiers).

So for a more simple example of WoT 9.15 new platoon system...

2 or 3 Player Platoon

Same Tier = Bonus% EXP

+/- 3 Tiers = Normal EXP

+/- 4 Tiers (or more) = Penalty% EXP

WoT 9.15 public test server at the moment is rewarding same tier platoons with a 20% exp bonus (this is of course subject to change since it is still being tested), if your platooning with someone that is +/- 3 tier you won't get earn any bonus but you also won't receive any penalty, basically your platoon will earn a normal amount of exp, and for anyone that platoons with a member that is +/- 4 or more tiers difference will cause the platoon to earn -50% exp (once again, this is in the current public test server, it is subject to change).

Now I hope that the Devs for WoWs can follow the lead of WoT on this issue, of course some things would need to change but not much.

I propose something along these levels for WoWs...

2 or 3 Player Division

Same Tier = Bonus% EXP

+/- 2 Tiers = Normal EXP

+/- 3 Tiers (or more) = Penalty% EXP

The only reason why WoT set their normal exp platoons to +/- 3 tiers is due to light tanks being able to run into +/- 3 tier tanks even in random matches, and since WoWs does not have any ships that see other ships beyond +/-2 tiers there shouldn't be a need for it in WoWs. As for the amount of the bonus and penalty %, I believe that could be changed a bit, but I do believe this would be a good guide line for WoWs to start from.

Vote and leave a comment and share how you feel about this idea. Do you like it? Do you not like it? Maybe you have a better idea. Please share.

Edited by Ryzil

24 posts
549 battles

Hi Ryzil, I play WoTBlitz as well and the worst plat you can do is +1/-1, which is what they should look at here. It's infinitely fairer for the team. If I read it right what you're saying is that if you plat you get extra XP if you're the same tier, I mean come on the vast majority of players who plat already know what they're doing, so i'm failing to see why they get bonus XP simply for being the same tier. The designers must be desperate if this is the best they can come up with.

Another option is that the rest of your team gets bonus XP for failed platoons after all they're the ones having to take the brunt of it.

Edited by Brendon_2015

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Hi Ryzil, I play WoTBlitz as well and the worst plat you can do is +1/-1, which is what they should look at here. It's infinitely fairer for the team. If I read it right what you're saying is that if you plat you get extra XP if you're the same tier, I mean come on the vast majority of players who plat already know what they're doing, so i'm failing to see why they get bonus XP simply for being the same tier. The designers must be desperate if this is the best they can come up with.

Another option is that the rest of your team gets bonus XP for failed platoons after all they're the ones having to take the brunt of it.

Because the purpose of the extra exp is not to encourage the teamwork but to prevent Troll-Division

World of Warships is a game that rely on teamwork, WoT much less

Imagine someone bring an Edie tier 1 ship with Kuma tier 4 ship

Unlike T1 light tank that can be used to scout, ths tier 1 ship is useless as hell making the team feels like lacking one ship

Why would we want to give reward to those who make fail division after disadvantaging the whole team?

Edited by Harpoon01

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Ryzil, please only make one topic if it's going to be a duplicate. Could you decide whether to have it here or in the Suggestions section?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles

It took years of community pressure to make the developers introduce any kind of sanctions for failplats in WOT.   Hopefully they take the bull by the horns with WOWS and try to nip it earlier.   Maybe after WG completely stuffed Rubicon they have actually realised that it is the customers that are paying their salaries and moon base plans. 

I haven't seen the failplat sanctions at work in wot, but would love to see is even harsher.  100% reduction in earnings/progression for the person creating the platoon/division and the 75% loss for all other players.  Continued transgressions result in game bans starting at 1hr and then progressing longer for the creator.

216 posts
2,239 battles

From what I've seen over the years on WoT, and even here on WoWs, even though people dislike fail toons/divs, they will always hate having they're freedom to team up the way they want to even more. This will not prevent players from making fail divisions, but they will have to deal with the fact that if they do this it will cause themselves to earn less exp, which should give them more of an incentive to play in a way that will not only benefit themselves but benefit the team as well. This system will reward members that div with same tier ships with a % exp bonus, example: Tirpitz (tier 8) and a Atago (tier 8) division together. If you div with someone that is +/- 2 tiers different from you then you won't earn and bonus exp, but you and your mates will still earn normal exp, example: Tirpitz (tier 8) and a Atlanta (tier 7), or a Tirpitz (tier 8) and a Cleveland (tier 6) division together. Now if you were to div with someone that is +/- 3 or more tiers difference then the game would penalize you and your mates for not only putting yourself at a disadvantage but putting whatever team you'll be placed on at a disadvantage as well, example: Tirpitz (tier 8) and a Murmansk (tier 5) division together.
Edited by Ryzil

216 posts
2,239 battles

Ryzil, please only make one topic if it's going to be a duplicate. Could you decide whether to have it here or in the Suggestions section?

If you could take down the one in the Suggestion section, since this one has already started getting posts.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,390 battles

I have been thinking this for a long time but please no exp and credit bonuses and put penalties for every tier difference in random battle.

Edited by R3negade

26 posts
191 battles

Or they could just not let you enter battle unless all ships in the division were the same tier.  Even +1/-1 can throw off the MM since it matches based on the highest tier ship in the division. 

Example: a III/IV/V division will be matched as Tier V and can be in a Tier VII battle.  That poor Tier III doesn't belong there at all, and neither does the Tier IV really.

783 posts
4,819 battles

Sure, this would be fine.

Though it would be better if this was somewhere in the suggestions forum, rather than a general discussion topic that will get buried after a few days.

The Suggestions forum tend to have less viewers so there's less discussion to be had. IMO it's better to present it to general discussions for fleshing out first with other forum goers and then comes a more concrete suggestion.

Sign in to follow this