Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
lordphilippe

Do you still have plan to release premium ship Tone?

12 comments in this topic

69 posts
8,859 battles

from other sources, looks like Tone is a decent level 7 cruiser, heavily armored and better torpedo firing arc than other IJN CAs but Atago, good speed too. I am quite curious to see how you make use of the fact that it carries 6 planes. (maybe you can have Tone to fly off 2 planes at same time ?and to fly around a bigger circle than other cruisers`?

189 posts
4,857 battles

Not for now, because the devs are focussing on making the German BB line which will become available at around Q3/16 I guess, and since BBs are HUGE it takes time, quite a lot, so not for now, but probably you are going to see Tone at the premium shop

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

IIRC the devs have also said (and i'm fairly certain i saw a quote from them in the RU Dev Q&A thread or another thread i can't remember) that Tone is a low priority at this stage because they're trying to fix/properly create the way she's supposed to be played as a Heavy Aviation Cruiser i.e.how to control her planes etc or something like that. Also like Bottlenecked said, their focus is on fixing bugs and bringing in 2 new lines in, so I wouldn't expect to see her anytime soon.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

from other sources, looks like Tone is a decent level 7 cruiser, heavily armored and better torpedo firing arc than other IJN CAs but Atago, good speed too. I am quite curious to see how you make use of the fact that it carries 6 planes. (maybe you can have Tone to fly off 2 planes at same time ?and to fly around a bigger circle than other cruisers`?

Long before this. Tone was going to be released somewhere around the last year but now erhmmmmm due to technical difficulty.:trollface:

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Not sure Tone-class is actually heavily armored as you described. Because Tone's armor thickness is similar to Mogami-class & Myoukou-class, the Takao-class armor is much ticker than Tone-class by 20mm. :P
Edited by Mingfang47

451 posts
6,946 battles

Hardest ship to balance in the game

Apparently gremy and nikolai is the easiest

Oh wait there's the molotov too

69 posts
8,859 battles

Not sure Tone-class is actually heavily armored as you described. Because Tone's armor thickness is similar to Mogami-class & Myoukou-class, the Takao-class armor is much ticker than Tone-class by 20mm. :P

from tgbus.com,it says its magazine armour is around 152mm to 172mm, considering Tone is tier 7, its really good.

783 posts
4,826 battles

IIRC the devs have also said (and i'm fairly certain i saw a quote from them in the RU Dev Q&A thread or another thread i can't remember) that Tone is a low priority at this stage because they're trying to fix/properly create the way she's supposed to be played as a Heavy Aviation Cruiser i.e.how to control her planes etc or something like that. Also like Bottlenecked said, their focus is on fixing bugs and bringing in 2 new lines in, so I wouldn't expect to see her anytime soon.

This mainly.

The Chinese one already has her but she's a gimped Myoko due to losing turrets in favor of Aviation facilities. No special mechanics too.

I'd like her to be released with some gimmick just so it opens way for other hybrid ships.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

from tgbus.com,it says its magazine armour is around 152mm to 172mm, considering Tone is tier 7, its really good.

the citadel module is always thicker, but that's the internal part. :P

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

the citadel module is always thicker, but that's the internal part. :P

Which decrease the chance to overpent on that area

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

According to an old Q&A from RU forum, Tone is less likely will be released in this year because developers are still looking for a special but not complicate gameplay for hybrid ships like this

Edited by R3negade

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

175mm for front magazine amour, but most people shoot your engine where there are only around a hundred mm thick...

Sign in to follow this