Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
devil667

A humble suggestion regarding a few game mechanics

10 comments in this topic

120 posts
22,869 battles

Team Kill

Its something a lot of people have been nagging about recently along with a lot of pinkies showing up in games. A lot of times a TK can be forgiven by the victim[as well as] the team itself, cases where the victim walked into the path of existing torps [ i have done it by mistake once or twice maybe ]. Anyhow in such cases I personally think punishments are a bit too harsh on the accused, who might have actually carried the team in that particular game. Also, many of the pinkies I came across, actually play quite good and are rather co-operative in the game. 

* Wouldn't it be a bit more accurate to implement a TK punishment system like that in "Counter Strike: Source", where the victim gets a list of option[after getting killed] to decide if to punish,  how to punish or to simply forgive the killer depending of the particular scenario of the game. Maybe options could include instakill of the culprit/ making sure the victim gets all the credits earned by the killer in tht game along with compensation/ making the killer's hp half along with taking out prop or steering gears / forgive etc.. 

Also along with that the existing report system could be there including the option of TK reporting, and the ones reported could be monitored by the mods/admins. 

** If a CV decides to kill himself, how come he is labled as Team Killer? Scuttling of war machines is a existing practice since god knows when! [not saying include that option]

Earlier I suggested my team's CV to kill himself before the enemies kill him, cause he was the last one alive as opposed to like 5-6 of the enemies, poor guy turned pink, and I feel a bit guilty :P

*** Wouldn't it be possible to implement a system where a team could practice together? Divs are too small really, would the sizes of divs ever be increased? Even 5 would be somewhat helpful to improve the teamwork for teams preparing for team or future clan battles....

It would be really helpful to have the feedback of the community on these issues I have mentioned, I might be missing some factors to be fair, due to my lack of knowledge of wargaming's policies/practices blabla, since I startedw ith WOWs and not WOT. 

Regards,
Devil667

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I would never ever give legal rights to victims in situations like these.

A division of 5 would be overpowered; you would basically win almost every game if you have coordination and teamwork.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

1) Not sure if this still holds true but I believe that if you fired your torpedoes where the lead indicator is (the grey cone) and if an ally accidentally sails into those torps you won't go pink but still be fined. Once again I don't know if this is or has been in effect. Also agree with Haku on giving the victim full earnings of the accused as that can be abused.

2) Self scuttling might be a historical but to be honest I see it as a scumbag move, the enemy has earned their win and if they managed to catch your CV it should be theirs for the taking. Guess it the same reason why people dislike arty drowning themselves when the match is "lost" in WoT.

3)That would be the use of Training Rooms once they are officially added(or you can use them unofficially via mods). Division are already game changing when 2/3 players know what they're doing, anymore and it would be totally overpowered or worse have a fail divison making up of 4 Tier I ships in say a tier 7+ game.

216 posts
2,239 battles

1) Not sure if this still holds true but I believe that if you fired your torpedoes where the lead indicator is (the grey cone) and if an ally accidentally sails into those torps you won't go pink but still be fined. Once again I don't know if this is or has been in effect. Also agree with Haku on giving the victim full earnings of the accused as that can be abused.

2) Self scuttling might be a historical but to be honest I see it as a scumbag move, the enemy has earned their win and if they managed to catch your CV it should be theirs for the taking. Guess it the same reason why people dislike arty drowning themselves when the match is "lost" in WoT.

3)That would be the use of Training Rooms once they are officially added(or you can use them unofficially via mods). Division are already game changing when 2/3 players know what they're doing, anymore and it would be totally overpowered or worse have a fail divison making up of 4 Tier I ships in say a tier 7+ game.

#2) as a big arty player myself, I HATED teammates/enemy arty that drowned or blew themselves up if they knew there were fixing to be snuffed out, what a COWARDLY way to go! Sit and fight to the bitter end, and who knows you might be able to take one, maybe even 2 down with you before you kick the bucket.

quote-they-ve-got-us-surrounded-again-th

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

Last patch I got TK'd at the beginning of a match by another player, I sent a message in game "nice torps" to the offender and I got a "thank you" in return, I wasn't certain until after I watched the replay that it was deliberate and after looking up the players stats it was clear they had just started playing and was having a really bad day with around 20 games PVP and less than 10 PVE and a win rate of around 12% IIRC.

The point is I don't think reducing penalties is going to make the situation any better, you will see less pink names in the player list but that's only going to hide the amount of players that are causing team damage as the penalty threshold won't have been reached yet. So if anything it will make team killings all the more prevalent.

As far as CV's killing themselves they are a member of their team so team killing seems appropriate to me although as a CV they have a chance of sinking one or two ships before meeting their fate depending on how close the other team is to them.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

When escaping his fate,

the deserter is told straight;

"Cowards are not welcome here"

But with a smile, he disappears

Thus, it was his comrades' checkmate.

---

No, I don't support CVs killing themselves. It's denying the winning team's hard-earned exp and credits- As well as the sweet feeling of killing that which has tormented you the entire match.

You fought your way to the end and survived all his one-sided aerial attacks only for the guy to give up? Bad sportsmanship.

783 posts
4,821 battles

No, I don't support CVs killing themselves. It's denying the winning team's hard-earned exp and credits- As well as the sweet feeling of killing that which has tormented you the entire match.

You fought your way to the end and survived all his one-sided aerial attacks only for the guy to give up? Bad sportsmanship.

This too for me. If I am a CV and already doomed to my fate of dying but still have a bomber up, I'll just auto attack with it and maybe even get a flesh wound if lucky.

(Add to that, I even shift-move all around the map after the auto attack so my planes don't go back to my CV corpse. It enables them to do a bit more scouting(running around the map) at least for 1 minute. If the enemy AA catches them, then at least I'm giving the enemy some more EXP)

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

(Add to that, I even shift-move all around the map after the auto attack so my planes don't go back to my CV corpse. It enables them to do a bit more scouting(running around the map) at least for 1 minute. If the enemy AA catches them, then at least I'm giving the enemy some more EXP)

And that's something I haven't tried. Now I will.

Sign in to follow this