Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Davidious

Team Kill system a little unfair

22 comments in this topic

75 posts
3,402 battles

So, there I was in a lovely big battleship cruising along in scope mode engaging the enemy when all of a sudden there was a screeching sound, an explosion and then the voice-over guy tell me i have destroyed an allied cruiser !!!!!

I click to normal vision and there is the burning wreck of a cruiser next to me.

I can only assume he was almost dead already and he has run into me as a BB doesn't move that fast.

I earned the negative 1 kill for that and a hefty fine but surely the -1 kill is a bit harsh for minimal damage.

Edited by Davidious

507 posts
9,829 battles

How is that un-fair? You kill your team mate and you get a negative kill.If he had low HP when he died then you don't turn pink.

If you turned pink for that then you could potentially say that but basically no.

4,163 posts
1,877 battles

Keep an eye on your minimap and pay attention next time. This isn't unfair, it's a penalty for you not paying attention and pretty well-deserved.

753 posts
8,965 battles

.If he had low HP when he died then you don't turn pink.

Not sure about that, I was trying to save a BB who was almost dead from a DD, one torpedo got the DD but the other also killed the BB and I was pink after that.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Keep an eye on your minimap and pay attention next time. This isn't unfair, it's a penalty for you not paying attention and pretty well-deserved.

Sort of agree but the cruiser should also have been paying attention to the mini map, countless times I have been shooting at an enemy for some time which could easily been seen only to have someone sail in front of me.

That in game voice that says "don't fire at your allies" should also have another one in these cases for the cruiser saying "don't sail in front of your allies while he's shooting you moron" 

Edited by Trojan63

507 posts
9,829 battles

Not sure about that, I was trying to save a BB who was almost dead from a DD, one torpedo got the DD but the other also killed the BB and I was pink after that.

Its the percentage of damage you do, not the actual amount of damage.

If that percent is high enough u turn pink.

Plus Ramming doesn't count.

Edited by petee

753 posts
8,965 battles

Not sure how much health that BB had left numerically wise but it wasn't much on the bar scale, of course I immediately apologized which he accepted as he knew I was trying to save him.

507 posts
9,829 battles

Not sure how much health that BB had left numerically wise but it wasn't much on the bar scale, of course I immediately apologized which he accepted as he knew I was trying to save him.

Well it happens sometimes.

I was in my ARP Haguro the other day when I launched torps against a beached BB.I killed but then an Aoba which was low went right into those torps. He was nice and accepted my apology..

I didn't turn pink though.

75 posts
3,402 battles

I think he may have been trying to avoid enemy fire by using me as a shield, I think I only did 30 damage to him - that is why I think the -1 was a bit harsh.

227 posts
2,651 battles

Plus Ramming doesn't count.

Another days, I'm on my Aoba, I'm slowly sail and shooting the enemy (no allied ship in my shooting sight). then, while i'm zoom and shoot, I hear "kaboom", wait, that so close, I zoomed out and saw a dead allied ship on my left. After the match finished, I pull the match tab, I got the -1, like wtf. He rammed me and he blew up him self and I got the pink name, but even actually, people don't care about that either way :teethhappy:  154XP and 30K credit's gone from that ramming

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Another days, I'm on my Aoba, I'm slowly sail and shooting the enemy (no allied ship in my shooting sight). then, while i'm zoom and shoot, I hear "kaboom", wait, that so close, I zoomed out and saw a dead allied ship on my left. After the match finished, I pull the match tab, I got the -1, like wtf. He rammed me and he blew up him self and I got the pink name, but even actually, people don't care about that either way :teethhappy:  154XP and 30K credit's gone from that ramming

you should look at his position, he might get fired by you when he rammed you

75 posts
3,402 battles

Unfair?

okay, did you get any penalty for doing so? other than the pinky name?

not pink, just massive xp and credit tax. seriously I think our collision caused 30 hp damage.......

227 posts
2,651 battles

you should look at his position, he might get fired by you when he rammed you

No name on the screenshot so I guess it's fine and not against forum's naming and shaming rule.

rGjhLmK.png

Watch the replay, not actually ramming, he did passed by on front of me when I shoot the enemy's Atlanta, so it's my bad.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

not pink, just massive xp and credit tax. seriously I think our collision caused 30 hp damage.......

• I always agree with the original statement with friendly fire using Secondaries shouldn't be count as team killing (might as well as removing flood and fire from friendly ships weapon)
  • the ship (that cruiser) shouldn't do that knowing his own health (ramming the enemy is also a good option, no matter how low the HP it is still a ship with thousands tons weight moving at 30 knot)
  • Killing Friendly ship will always cost you a lot even with minimal damage. as for example, a retard knowing his team will winning, trying to kill a very low health ship (say 500/40000 health left) for trolling
  • our weapon seems to deal much less damage than the enemy's to the allied ship, so that kind of case is.... well.... not even 1% happens in all today matches

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

No name on the screenshot so I guess it's fine and not against forum's naming and shaming rule.

Watch the replay, not actually ramming, he did passed by on front of me when I shoot the enemy's Atlanta, so it's my bad.

well, he is the victim, and you are the suspect:popcorn:

I usually immediately cease fire when an allied ship is moving beside me (the fire caused by your shells won't make him happy)

173 posts
5,332 battles

Mighty Jingles actually discussed about the team-kill system in this video of the Tirpitz accidentally team-killing a friendly by its secondaries.

Edited by KirstieBeau

54 posts
7,230 battles

Mighty Jingles actually discussed about the team-kill system in this video of the Tirpitz accidentally team-killing a friendly by its secondaries.

Yep, now that's when you really think TK is unfair (I think it's fair most other times, even if it's accidental or someone does something stupid on the receiving end). head to about 3:40 into the video for the relevant section.

What I DO think is unfair is the way compensation seems to work (at least in my experience). it doesn't seem to work off the damage received but a percentage of the xp/credits the TK'er earns for the match, so seeing as in most situations tk'ers are near the bottom of the team, the compensation is little, while the few decent players who make a mistake seem to get HEAVILY punished on the compensation they have to pay out (as per the 80k in the video. even in T8 I've not seen compo that high except the one time I got kraken and high cal in my DD but also accidentally torped a friendly Atago who was hiding behind an island and then instead of turning and keeping the island between himself and the enemy team at 4km and running back to our fleet in cover like any sane individual, he turned hard across the torp stream and blocked all of them from hitting the enemy BB that they were tracking well on. If my torps hadn't hit him, he was dead in the next 10 seconds anyway as he was side on to 2 bb's and 3 cruisers now all under 7km from him and some under 5km, including that bb under 4km, all with their guns on him! In that case, I took his stupidity as my own and wore the pink name for the next 5 matches or so and am now even more careful of high tier premium ships doing really stupid things so I don't do it again).

Edited by Bacca49

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i remember seeing something similar like this. on a trap map,  a battle ship and a cruiser are both scratching each other and cant move properly, so we fired salvo of HE at them until they are both burning but they disappear behind an island. few minutes later when i check the score. i saw that both of them have -1 score on them. i cant believe they sunk each other after that :teethhappy:

it was really a surreal experience.

26 posts
191 battles

rGjhLmK.png

Which mod is that which gives all the ships a Fog appearance?

227 posts
2,651 battles

Which mod is that which gives all the ships a Fog appearance?

Not all, but alot. It's a mixed of 3 DLC came with Hakabase JAK MBT modpack, and some I picked from douwan forum. Some unofficial.

Sign in to follow this