You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

45 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,229 battles

Tier 3: It ought to be the Japanese Kawachi Battleship. This monster is armed with 6 twin mount 305 mm cannons while its opposition-the South Carolina have only 4 turrets. It can fire at direction without turning and also comes with numerous small caliber guns. A huge health pool for its tier and repair

parties guarantee its survival. Take the sail on this beast today!

Tier 4: The German Light Cruiser Karlsruhe is the king at tier 4. Unlike the Japanese Kuma though have good fire power but is made of citadels, or the American Cruiser Phoenix which though tougher but firepower is relatively weak. This agile cruiser is the most balanced of them all. Solid performing main guns and torpedoes with better firing arc than the Phoenix, it is surely something anyone would take to the battlefield.  

Tier 5: Furutaka is more than a cruiser, it is an overpowered cruiser. While the American/Germany tech tree reaches heavy cruiser at tier 7, and the Soviet at tier 9, the Japanese cruiser line changes to Heavy cruiser at tier 5. Equipped with 6 single mounted 203mm guns it can penetrate where no other cruisers at its tier can even dream of. Not to mention the formidable speed and the 10km torpedoes, what more could you ask?

Tier 6: German cruiser Nurnberg is the king of the high seas. At first hand, it may just seem like just an improved version of its small brother, the Konigsberg. However, upon closer examination, you will feel like this is completely a new generation of ship. The 150mm guns have such a high rate of fire even the Cleveland bows down before you. The glorious German AP shells with can even penetrate battleship’s armour, it can swiftly sweep the battlefield with ease. Make Fuhrer proud by conquering the high seas with her!

Tier 7: Freedom and democracy combined in this Tier 7 American heavy cruiser Pensacola. If you compare it with any other American cruiser, you will find that it has the absolute best shell arc in any American cruiser and the guns are extremely accurate, it hit hard and will hurt anyone who dare to stand in her way. Also, don’t forget about her proud American AA aura which is the nightmare of any aircraft carriers. Surely you can’t miss with this one!

783 posts
4,826 battles

-snip-

Tier 3: Kawachi seriously? Bogatyr or St. Louis for me personally due to the sheer amount of guns. 305mm at that tier are really inaccurate and making use of all 6 gun turrets on Kawachi is gonna be the exception, not the norm.

Tier 4: I'm at a loss of words here. First time I've ever seen a "Karlsruhe is the best Tier IV" post without being ironic. Granted I had good games with her myself, but I'd take most of the other T4s than her, anyday. My personal pick for T4 is Isokaze. Those torps are really deadly especially at that tier. Clemson also wrecks and I think T4 is where the DDs shine.

Tier 5: Furutaka has the best caliber for all cruisers at T5. She can't exactly be called friendly due to how her playstyle works and requires a much higher skill floor comparatively to other cruisers to become effective, else most would be better off playing the flamethrowers. My T5 pick would be the Kongo, absolutely solid ship.

Tier 6: I'm somehow inclined to agree but I think King of T6 Cruisers still belongs to the Cleveland, or maybe the Budyonny . Nurnberg is just so fragile for the average player to lay on the hurt. I once hit a Nurnberg with my Kongo shell at the tip of her stern but it registered a citadel hit. How the hell does that happen? Floating citadel nickname is really warranted. (Fuso and New Mexico are really good too.)

Tier 7: Tough choice for this tier. I agree with most of your points on Pensacola's offense except for glossing over a LOT of her major weaknesses. It applies to Pensacola as her concealment is downright insulting and the slightest mistake with her is more costly compared to making a mistake when driving her peers. My T7 choice is Myoko.

Summarizing: You brought up a lot of good points for each of the ships but please consider including their weaknesses too. I felt like I read an advertisement (it works well as an advertisement I admit). Also, T5-T7 suggestions require deviating from the normal playstyle most players would need to accustom themselves to actually bring out fruitful results. I pinched out my own choices for the sake of discussion.

634 posts
6,229 battles

Tier 3: Kawachi seriously? Bogatyr or St. Louis for me personally due to the sheer amount of guns. 305mm at that tier are really inaccurate and making use of all 6 gun turrets on Kawachi is gonna be the exception, not the norm.

Tier 4: I'm at a loss of words here. First time I've ever seen a "Karlsruhe is the best Tier IV" post without being ironic. Granted I had good games with her myself, but I'd take most of the other T4s than her, anyday. My personal pick for T4 is Isokaze. Those torps are really deadly especially at that tier. Clemson also wrecks and I think T4 is where the DDs shine.

Tier 5: Furutaka has the best caliber for all cruisers at T5. She can't exactly be called friendly due to how her playstyle works and requires a much higher skill floor comparatively to other cruisers to become effective, else most would be better off playing the flamethrowers. My T5 pick would be the Kongo, absolutely solid ship.

Tier 6: I'm somehow inclined to agree but I think King of T6 Cruisers still belongs to the Cleveland, or maybe the Budyonny . Nurnberg is just so fragile for the average player to lay on the hurt. I once hit a Nurnberg with my Kongo shell at the tip of her stern but it registered a citadel hit. How the hell does that happen? Floating citadel nickname is really warranted. (Fuso and New Mexico are really good too.)

Tier 7: Tough choice for this tier. I agree with most of your points on Pensacola's offense except for glossing over a LOT of her major weaknesses. It applies to Pensacola as her concealment is downright insulting and the slightest mistake with her is more costly compared to making a mistake when driving her peers. My T7 choice is Myoko.

Summarizing: You brought up a lot of good points for each of the ships but please consider including their weaknesses too. I felt like I read an advertisement (it works well as an advertisement I admit). Also, T5-T7 suggestions require deviating from the normal playstyle most players would need to accustom themselves to actually bring out fruitful results. I pinched out my own choices for the sake of discussion.

:trollface:read the tags

783 posts
4,826 battles

:trollface:read the tags

That'll teach me not to take everything seriously :coin:

Anyway, I won't edit my reply to be a permanent testament of my idiocy.

Besides, it was a long typing exercise and I shouldn't waste it

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Lol trolled! Though i think the nurnberg is good. The rest when i see them in the enemy force makes me smile as they tend to be easy to dispatch

580 posts
1,587 battles

Dem tags... :teethhappy::teethhappy:

But I already had the feeling that this was a sarcasm post basing from the ships you mentioned... But the Nurnberg?? Nonnonononononono...

I beg to disagree, she maybe less than survivable but she's got the best 150s I have ever seen on any CL(faster rotation, better arcs, higher AP chance, faster reloads)... The ship herself maybe wonky but it can be managed. Heck I earned my first and only KU award playing the Nurnberg... She's a definite killing machine if played to her strengths but make a mistake and she's quite unforgiving...

634 posts
6,229 battles

Dem tags... :teethhappy::teethhappy:

But I already had the feeling that this was a sarcasm post basing from the ships you mentioned... But the Nurnberg?? Nonnonononononono...

I beg to disagree, she maybe less than survivable but she's got the best 150s I have ever seen on any CL(faster rotation, better arcs, higher AP chance, faster reloads)... The ship herself maybe wonky but it can be managed. Heck I earned my first and only KU award playing the Nurnberg... She's a definite killing machine if played to her strengths but make a mistake and she's quite unforgiving...

Well, as for tier 6 i can't really find any ship that is particularly salty so i just put nukeberg down :trollface:

634 posts
6,229 battles

Lol trolled! Though i think the nurnberg is good. The rest when i see them in the enemy force makes me smile as they tend to be easy to dispatch

well the truth is i cant find any real salty ships for tier 6 so :hiding:i chose nukeberg

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

Yes, this is truly a list of titans to make the enemy tremble in fear. When I see my team list filled with these great and savage beasts, I surely know it will be a most desperate struggle glorious battle ahead.

72 posts
2,544 battles

As much as it's made fun upon, but I'm having a great time with the Pensacola. In fact I enjoyed it more than the Cleveland...

Then again I suppose I got used with the 203mm guns from my time spent with the Furutaka.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Well, as for tier 6 i can't really find any ship that is particularly salty so i just put nukeberg down :trollface:

Fair enough, the Nurnberg is the least user-friendly of ships at T6 but it doesn't mean she's helplessly bad(she does carries her own lethal advantages)... The Cleaver is a reliable tub but with a hitch to the firing arcs, and the Aoba is probably the better of the 2 Cruisers at T6...

This should be moved to off topic.

Hey, new prof pic! :look:

403 posts
8,196 battles

Any comment on the tier 7 Hatsuharu? I mean, it gets everything the tier 6 gets, or at least where it matters...

Edited by 27000ants

451 posts
6,946 battles

I swear the inability to detect sarcasm should be considered a mental disability

How can anyone actually take this seriously

Oh

211 posts
9,931 battles

Mutsuki? its a pretty bad ship

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Well the Noodleberg is essentially a Konigsberg...but bigger...and slower!

634 posts
6,229 battles

Any comment on the tier 7 Hatsuharu? I mean, it gets everything the tier 6 gets, or at least where it matters...

:hmm:Before the torp acceleration consumable was introduced she was kinda bad but hey she's fine now :) 

Also keep in mind once you get to fubuki its heaven (at least in this update)

634 posts
6,229 battles

As much as it's made fun upon, but I'm having a great time with the Pensacola. In fact I enjoyed it more than the Cleveland...

Then again I suppose I got used with the 203mm guns from my time spent with the Furutaka.

Yeah, the cheatland's shell arc....kinda sub orbital I guess

403 posts
8,196 battles

:hmm:Before the torp acceleration consumable was introduced she was kinda bad but hey she's fine now :) 

Also keep in mind once you get to fubuki its heaven (at least in this update)

Indeed the Fubuki is a fine ship. I heard of others on the forum saying she should have her speed buffed and swap places with Kagero

189 posts
4,857 battles

Tier 3: It ought to be the Japanese Kawachi Battleship. This monster is armed with 6 twin mount 305 mm cannons while its opposition-the South Carolina have only 4 turrets. It can fire at direction without turning and also comes with numerous small caliber guns. A huge health pool for its tier and repair

parties guarantee its survival. Take the sail on this beast today!

Tier 4: The German Light Cruiser Karlsruhe is the king at tier 4. Unlike the Japanese Kuma though have good fire power but is made of citadels, or the American Cruiser Phoenix which though tougher but firepower is relatively weak. This agile cruiser is the most balanced of them all. Solid performing main guns and torpedoes with better firing arc than the Phoenix, it is surely something anyone would take to the battlefield.  

Tier 5: Furutaka is more than a cruiser, it is an overpowered cruiser. While the American/Germany tech tree reaches heavy cruiser at tier 7, and the Soviet at tier 9, the Japanese cruiser line changes to Heavy cruiser at tier 5. Equipped with 6 single mounted 203mm guns it can penetrate where no other cruisers at its tier can even dream of. Not to mention the formidable speed and the 10km torpedoes, what more could you ask?

Tier 6: German cruiser Nurnberg is the king of the high seas. At first hand, it may just seem like just an improved version of its small brother, the Konigsberg. However, upon closer examination, you will feel like this is completely a new generation of ship. The 150mm guns have such a high rate of fire even the Cleveland bows down before you. The glorious German AP shells with can even penetrate battleship’s armour, it can swiftly sweep the battlefield with ease. Make Fuhrer proud by conquering the high seas with her!

Tier 7: Freedom and democracy combined in this Tier 7 American heavy cruiser Pensacola. If you compare it with any other American cruiser, you will find that it has the absolute best shell arc in any American cruiser and the guns are extremely accurate, it hit hard and will hurt anyone who dare to stand in her way. Also, don’t forget about her proud American AA aura which is the nightmare of any aircraft carriers. Surely you can’t miss with this one!

Tier 3: forget the Kawachi, consider the St. Louis and Bogatyr (tied the best tier 3 ships for me), Kawachis' guns are extermely inaccurate and peentration is not OK for a BB, and though both the two cruisers have no chance using AP shooting a battleship

Tier 4: man Karlsruhe is just a bunch of #@%$. Really. Paper armor, terrible firepower, useless torpedoes. For me the Langley should be the best tier 4 - you can pratically one shot any ships with torpedoes if aimed correctly, and fighters that kills Hosho's or another Langley's if played carefully

Tier 5: seriously Furutaka? 11 km range? With that she can get outranged by everyone including the USN and USSR DDs. For the best tier 5 the Minekaze, Omaha and Kongo (Minekaze honestly has the best torpedo DPM for its great balance between reload and damage per hit, very fast for its tier and one of the fastest torpedoes in the game)

Tier 6: Nurnberg is slow, immaneuverable -> everyone can citadel her. Does anyone talk about being flanked by a Nurnberg? Or Cleveland instead - having much greater armor and torpedo belt (and of course AA). Cleveland is the king.

Tier 7: Somehow Pensacola does stand out. DPM is similar to Cleveland's if played properly, but DPS increases massively, better range and easier target leading due to faster-flying shells. But nah Myoko is the best. If you can use it correctly and make good use of 12 610 mm torpedoes and 10 km range, it is really OP. And its guns... 19% chance of fire and 10 shells - sets everyone afire and lots of fire, torpedo, and flooding damage.

P.S. I've played all those tier 87s during Public Test and still after being nerfed the firing range Myoko is still excellent